Could this be more Villages following Fenney?

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2016, 03:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Duo View Post
Under the documents tab of ERP Permit #24580.004 APP:731440 you will see that the Company name is The Villages of Lake Sumter. The original land use in 2010 called for 1214 residential, 1930 apartments, condominiums, and townhomes, 300 bed ACLF , 505,000 sq.ft. of commercial, and 2,685,000 sq. ft. of business park. Description of permit was : predominately business park and commercial uses that are supported by residential uses. Unless changes are made to original description sounds like this will not be a new "Village' type development but a new type venture.
I would imagine they would change the proposed use of the land and would be able to get aproval for that. The important thing for the The Villages is to consider if the longest lead time studies have been completed (ie:Environmental Impact studies)and the land has been approved to be built upon.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:14 AM
Platinum member

If not there, then somewhere else. I chuckle every time I hear the phrase "build out" used in relation to The Villages. It's marketing. And more power to them. Harold's grandchildren are now working for the business, and business is good. Why would they ever stop?
Old 09-19-2016, 08:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
<snip> Harold's grandchildren are now working for the business, and business is good. <snip>
From what I've seen, Harold's great-grandchildren are employed by TV.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:37 AM

Why would anyone assume that new areas would be built using the same model as the current Layout? I'm quite sure that the corp. has a long term plan and have studied what future demographics will require. It is possible that the current model has reached or is nearing the end of its run.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
When the SWFWMD approves an application, they publish a notice in the Classifieds of the Daily Sun.
SWFWMD: Single white female, weapons of mass destruction?
Old 09-19-2016, 08:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gilbert View Post
Why would anyone assume that new areas would be built using the same model as the current Layout? I'm quite sure that the corp. has a long term plan and have studied what future demographics will require. It is possible that the current model has reached or is nearing the end of its run.
This is a very interesting observation. I (I am my mid 50's) may be part of the future demographics (plus those future buyers now in their early 50's and 40's).

Just wondering...could you or anyone else be more specific regarding how the current model of TV may have reached or is soon to reach the end of its run?
Old 09-19-2016, 09:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
This is a very interesting observation. I (I am my mid 50's) may be part of the future demographics (plus those future buyers now in their early 50's and 40's).

Just wondering...could you or anyone else be more specific regarding how the current model of TV may have reached or is soon to reach the end of its run?
I don't see that happening. There are over 300 MILLION people in the USA (not even counting all the Germans and Canadians who come to TV) and about 100,000 in TV. That is MINISCULE. The person who stated Fenney was going to be the SW corner of the villages was dead right - they will figure out how to get over 44 and the turnpike. Why else did they build Brownwood so far south? I have a plan for a house overlooking Lake Okahumka south of 44 when they start building there....

Don't forget all the chunks of land INSIDE the villages that the developer has not bought yet - like the part north of 466 and east of the polo fields..

They will also continue to develop the historic section by buying trailers and building homes.

This won't be over for a long time. They have slowed down the pace -and I think that is good - but they won't stop

Ed
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 09-20-2016, 01:53 AM
Sage
Default Gazing into TV's crystal ball. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
I don't see that happening. There are over 300 MILLION people in the USA (not even counting all the Germans and Canadians who come to TV) and about 100,000 in TV. That is MINISCULE. The person who stated Fenney was going to be the SW corner of the villages was dead right - they will figure out how to get over 44 and the turnpike. Why else did they build Brownwood so far south? I have a plan for a house overlooking Lake Okahumka south of 44 when they start building there....

Don't forget all the chunks of land INSIDE the villages that the developer has not bought yet - like the part north of 466 and east of the polo fields..

They will also continue to develop the historic section by buying trailers and building homes.

This won't be over for a long time. They have slowed down the pace -and I think that is good - but they won't stop

Ed
Not that the growth/future expansion of TV in the years to come will stop, but would love to know how the expansion of TV will unfold/be managed/be marketed in the coming few years as the late Baby Boomers (like me) and early Generation X folks plan their retirement. The developer's strategic 5 year/10 year plan is a closely held secret as it is is all corporations.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Not that the growth/future expansion of TV in the years to come will stop, but would love to know how the expansion of TV will unfold/be managed/be marketed in the coming few years as the late Baby Boomers (like me) and early Generation X folks plan their retirement. The developer's strategic 5 year/10 year plan is a closely held secret as it is is all corporations.
No one knows what the developer plans are. When the developer starts building something, then we get an inkling of what's to be. This has been going on for several years as when I was thinking of moving to TV, build out was supposed to be finished in 2012.

I was also concerned if their would be a home for me but as we go along, new things are planned and built. I'm here and so will you be, one day.

"Build Out " is a myth as Dr WOB Jr, always says.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-20-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:

Also in my 50's

It's about sustainability currently it takes approx 55k homeowners to maintain the status quo. that means there has to be a steady influx of buyers that have the means and desire to live the country club lifestyle which is what TV amounts too. Due to changes in economic realities and lifestyle changes the pool of available buyers will decrease sharply. Face it TV is a urban area and becoming financially out of reach for many. Pensions systems are becoming rare and home equity is nowhere near what it was 25 years ago. Many here sold the family home for multiple times the original cost, Now a 25% increase in equity is more typical. Not to mention the hit savings have taken.

A smaller development with a reasonable price range can draw from those who still want to retire nearby but either don't want to spend $300k on a house on a 10th of a acre or simply can't. It used to be said you could move to TV for $100k those days are over.

Add in the fact that younger generations are less tolerant of a corporation being in control over their daily lives...
Old 09-20-2016, 06:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
No one knows what the developer plans are. When the developer starts building something, then we get an inkling of what's to be. This has been going on for several years as when I was thinking of moving to TV, build out was supposed to be finished in 2012.
"Build Out " is a myth as Dr WOB Jr, always says.
None of us currently living in TV will live long enough to see "build out"

Last edited by Shimpy; 09-22-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:44 AM
Veteran member

I have watched the area for awhile. Village of Fenny would not be useful unless there is a connection to 44. I will not only involve the County for road use but also FED DOT because of the Turnpike issue. there would have to be a separate lane or easement for a cart bridge to cross the TP.. Not sure how that will happen, but with money anything is possible. The new area Southern Oak, that land is connected to the family. So many different companies they use and file under. There are a lot of internal changes going on in the main infrastructure of the The Villages that most do not know about. It supports building, but have to be careful and know when you are approaching that line not to cross..
Old 09-22-2016, 07:09 AM
Sage

Could you back up , read what you wrote, and try it again in English. Have absolutely no idea what you said.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
If the developers feel they need more money and they want to expand the villages that is their perogative. They do an adequate job of providing golf courses and amenities, although as others have pointed out it's very difficult to use some of those amenities during the high season because of the steep demand. But one thing they have not done is to improve the highway infrastructure in and around the villages. Look at route 466 for example. That was built to handle a certain volume of traffic. The villages has almost tripled in size since we moved here and yet the highway infrastructure has changed very little. That translates to traffic tie ups and huge traffic delays during the high season. Each year it is worse with more and more people. Wait until March arrives - this place will be a zoo. You can plan on taking twice as long to get somewhere, given the increased traffic and resultanting decreased roadway capacity.
Reading through the forum, one common theme is the folks who are very concerned that it is so crowded in the "on-season" and only getting worse. Has anyone ever considered that one solution to that problem might be to no longer allow seasonal rentals?

I am sure that wouldn't be a popular solution as many residents own more than one home and do quite nicely off the rental market, both seasonal and long-term.

Not saying this is going to happen or even advocating it, just bringing up the point for discussion.

Fire away!
Old 09-22-2016, 02:14 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBoo54 View Post
Reading through the forum, one common theme is the folks who are very concerned that it is so crowded in the "on-season" and only getting worse. Has anyone ever considered that one solution to that problem might be to no longer allow seasonal rentals?

I am sure that wouldn't be a popular solution as many residents own more than one home and do quite nicely off the rental market, both seasonal and long-term.

Not saying this is going to happen or even advocating it, just bringing up the point for discussion.

Fire away!
They bring a lot of money to the businesses.

Tags
duck, sumter, southern, lake, address

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.