Couple cleaning questions

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2021, 05:17 PM
Default Couple cleaning questions

Hi. We moved in about 4 weeks ago. We have 2 items that the home warranty dept can't really address. 1st our brand new standard Samsung dishwasher leaves a light brown colored film inside the dishwasher after its cycle. I've tried cleaning it and even running long cycles but nothing works. Has anyone ever experienced that? Next step will be to have a Samsung tech come out to have a look. 2nd, our shower grout on the floor tile is white and each time you get it wet (either by taking a shower or just to clean it), it seems to have small rocks protruding from the tile so the tile looks SUPER dirty. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen! I'm sure I will get wise cracks on this. However, after the shower floor becomes dry, the rocks disappear. Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellbell View Post
Hi. We moved in about 4 weeks ago. We have 2 items that the home warranty dept can't really address. 1st our brand new standard Samsung dishwasher leaves a light brown colored film inside the dishwasher after its cycle. I've tried cleaning it and even running long cycles but nothing works. Has anyone ever experienced that? Next step will be to have a Samsung tech come out to have a look. 2nd, our shower grout on the floor tile is white and each time you get it wet (either by taking a shower or just to clean it), it seems to have small rocks protruding from the tile so the tile looks SUPER dirty. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen! I'm sure I will get wise cracks on this. However, after the shower floor becomes dry, the rocks disappear. Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.
Attaching pics to the post might help...
Old 05-10-2021, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellbell View Post
Re: your dishwasher
We have hard water. Translation dissolved limestone. Vinegar, a mild acid will easily dissolve it. You may want to try a different dish-washing product and or one of the rinsing products.

Sorry, you did say you expect it. You just moved in. Perhaps like a husband or a wife you did not see the wrinkles. Small rocks protruding from the tile? I think you mean the grout. Grout is sand plus????? Perhaps, what you used to have had a finer texture. Disappears? You got me on that one.
Closed Thread

Tags
tile, shower, dishwasher, rocks, cleaning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.