A Couple of Young Men

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2021, 07:51 PM
Veteran member
Default Uhaul website

If you go on UHaul to rent a truck, they will provide a list of movers that can help you unload furniture. They have reviews and ratings as well. The rates vary but they start off at reasonable prices.

You don't have to go through with the rental to get their information.

Last edited by ithos; 09-23-2021 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:37 PM
Default I haul moving help website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodBoy View Post
We will be moving to the Village of Pine Hills the first of November. We have bought most if not all of our new furniture in N.C. this past Feb. so that will be delivered whenever. I'm driving down from Michigan with a 15ft U-haul (and a car trailer) with boxes and "misc small stuff." I could definitely unload this myself, but if there were a couple "kids" around that I could help out and wanted to make some "flash cash" I would welcome that.

Any leads?
N

Uhaul has a moving help web page to unload/load trucks. You don’t have to rent a truck to use the service. I have used it several times. Check it out!
Old 09-24-2021, 07:45 AM
Default No kids

Quote:
We will be moving to the Village of Pine Hills the first of November. We have bought most if not all of our new furniture in N.C. this past Feb. so that will be delivered whenever. I'm driving down from Michigan with a 15ft U-haul (and a car trailer) with boxes and "misc small stuff." I could definitely unload this myself, but if there were a couple "kids" around that I could help out and wanted to make some "flash cash" I would welcome that.

Any leads?
No kids are one of the perks living here!
Old 09-24-2021, 09:11 AM

Ok, thanks all. Let's end this post.

All I was trying to do was help out a couple kids by teaching them that one must work to earn money by having them unload some boxes (NO furniture).

See you when I get there!
Old 09-24-2021, 10:25 AM
Smile

Quote:

All I was trying to do was help out a couple kids by teaching them that one must work to earn money by having them unload some boxes (NO furniture).

Just an FYI - when we moved from OH to FL, you are to stop at the border even in a UHaul/Penske rental. We only had household goods (boxes, small storage container etc.) My husband passed the station and they came after us, stopped us & searched the truck. They are primarily looking for plants etc. They were very nice in their explanation (& my husband was a retired police officer). The guy was also very apologetic for stopping him.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:24 PM

I could help you out with this project.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	TVBBC.png
Views:	245
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	90945  
Old 09-24-2021, 07:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasandvalr View Post
No kids are one of the perks living here!
Have you looked at your tax bill? Those taxes for schools are for the crypt keepers.

OP the high school is just around the corner. We have used couple of high school kids to do small things for us. Always polite, and appreciate the cash.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:10 AM
Default Moving Help

Quote:

Any leads?
We used Local Movers: Hire Move Help By The Hour | HireAHelper
Old 09-25-2021, 08:45 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:

Good luck trying to teach kids anything nowadays.
You must watch "The Villages Newcomers".... See you when you get here...
Old 09-25-2021, 08:48 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad329 View Post
Just an FYI - when we moved from OH to FL, you are to stop at the border even in a UHaul/Penske rental. We only had household goods (boxes, small storage container etc.) My husband passed the station and they came after us, stopped us & searched the truck. They are primarily looking for plants etc. They were very nice in their explanation (& my husband was a retired police officer). The guy was also very apologetic for stopping him.
We used a Penske and they never stopped us. I've seen them going by lots of times.
Maybe you looked like drug runners... Just kidding... Maybe spot checking???
Old 09-25-2021, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
...You must watch "The Villages Newcomers".... See you when you get here...
You definitely should watch Village Newcomers, you could learn a lot. They've been here about two years and every week they have a new video on youtube. If I saw a couple of young men walking around my villa street and they weren't cutting grass, I would call community watch.

Here's Jerry & Linda from Sept 23, they have probably a couple of hundred more on youtube. They live near you, I believe they're off Hillsborough. This one is about carting.

Carting With Jerry and Linda - YouTube
Old 09-25-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:

Trying to find a place to keep your hotrods will be your biggest problem. moving help, not so much.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Any leads?
https://www.uhaul.com/MovingHelp/

Worked well for us.
Old 09-27-2021, 07:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad329 View Post
Just an FYI - when we moved from OH to FL, you are to stop at the border even in a UHaul/Penske rental.
You must have come through during the day. . . We have moved furniture down twice in a UHaul and never once stopped or was pulled over, of course is always after 11 PM when we come through or on Sunday in 2019, . . We were directed to stop over for COVID in 2020, but no trailer.

I wouldn't stop unless I was told to pull over. . they don't know if your furniture is used or purchased, as a non commercial driver.

YMMV,

non commercial trailering guy
Old 09-28-2021, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts
Default Excuse me but when did it become

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
You definitely should watch Village Newcomers, you could learn a lot. They've been here about two years and every week they have a new video on youtube. If I saw a couple of young men walking around my villa street and they weren't cutting grass, I would call community watch.

Here's Jerry & Linda from Sept 23, they have probably a couple of hundred more on youtube. They live near you, I believe they're off Hillsborough. This one is about carting.

Carting With Jerry and Linda - YouTube
a law that made it illegal for non residents to walk around our community , especially when there taxes help to pay for much of the inter structure
Closed Thread

Tags
couple, unload, car, trailer, boxes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.