Course Closures...Not For Me

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2019, 04:00 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I don't play free golf, it costs $37 to play on the championship courses. Most of this summer on the championship courses, they've had one ambassador for 18 holes, you might see him once. They had one starter shack open for two nines, for example at Bonifay if you're playing Pensacola, you go check in at Destin starter shack. I think most of us can operate without assistance. I wish it was free golf, in January it will go up to about $57.
Tell me oh wise one..........what do you think would happen without Starters or Ambassadors?
I'll accept your "opinion"
Steve
Old 09-03-2019, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Tell me oh wise one..........what do you think would happen without Starters or Ambassadors?
I'll accept your "opinion"
Steve
For one, it wouldn't be any different. I played on 7 different courses in NE Maryland and southern Pennsylvania until 2011 when I moved to TV. None had ambassasors, a beer girl on the course was the only employee you would even come across, and most of the courses only had a starter during the morning rush.

My favorite course was Pilgrim's Oak in Delta, Pensylvania just across the state line from Maryland. For those over 50 it was $33 to play including cart. You could get a great pulled pork BBQ sandwich on a bun with drink and chips for $7 on the turn. It was owned and maintained by the Amish. It was 36 miles from my home and I had to drive across a dam to get there, but we went at least once a month. It was beautiful!

The Villages Florida
Old 09-03-2019, 04:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
For one, it wouldn't be any different. I played on 7 different courses in NE Maryland and southern Pennsylvania until 2011 when I moved to TV. None had ambassasors, a beer girl on the course was the only employee you would even come across, and most of the courses only had a starter during the morning rush.

My favorite course was Pilgrim's Oak in Delta, Pensylvania just across the state line from Maryland. For those over 50 it was $33 to play including cart. You could get a great pulled pork BBQ sandwich on a bun with drink and chips for $7 on the turn. It was owned and maintained by the Amish. It was 36 miles from my home and I had to drive across a dam to get there, but we went at least once a month. It was beautiful!

The Villages Florida
That's a non answer.
Steve
Old 09-03-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I play in a foursome every Friday afternoon at one the championship courses. Last Friday we only in 6 holes at Havana before the rain came, and the golfthevillages.com website said all courses closed thru Friday. They already projected this morning on the news we should get about 0.64 rainfall. That's just a normal afternoon? Why they can't reopen at least half of the nines tomorrow or Thursday is ridiculous.
Courses are opening Thursday
Old 09-03-2019, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
No.
Steve
That was sarcasm..lol

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
That was sarcasm..lol
Sorry, I got caught up in the moment.
Steve
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, closed, nice, day, entitled

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.