Court Yard Villa Back Yard Drainage

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2021, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

This must be a thing on newer CYV because neither of the Villas I own has one. Of course the older one was part of the very first villas ever built in 1992, so they probably learned a thing or two as they went.

There is a little tiny drain, maybe 6"x6" that is attached to the downspout drain on the newer CYV but there's certainly not a real storm drain of any capability. That villa doesn't need it though since it backs up to a preserve that slopes away and we'd have to have Noah's ark level of flooding before it would get to the house.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:46 PM

I had the same problem. I was the 3rd owner of a villa built in 2006. Neighbors told me that every villa has a drain so I went looking at my next door neighbor's drains and saw that they were about 4 feet from the back wall and 5 feet from the fence. (Neighbors on another street in my villa neighborhood had them on the right). So go see what neighbors on YOUR street have. Then take a large stick/broom handle and poke the ground in your yard in those areas. I did and the first thing I hit was concrete. The drain has a dome like structure that sits in the center of a concrete base. My drain had been covered with landscape fabric and rock! Once I cleared that stuff away I have not had water collect again! Good luck in your search!
Old 09-20-2021, 08:10 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

The drain in my CYV occasionally gets covered by mower clippings and leaves from my neighbors bushes. When it rains real hard I have to go out and unclog it. If not, my back yard will be a lake in a hurry.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:19 PM

Call the District Government office on Lake Sumter Landing 352-753-4508. They will connect you with the department that has your site plan. You got a copy at your closing. It is also attached to your contract.

You DO HAVE A DRAIN in your backyard. It sounds like it might be blocked with grass or weeds. It is your responsibility to keep it clear.
Old 09-21-2021, 01:20 AM

My CYV flooded constantly after I moved in. Had to get French drains put in to alleviate the problem. Since it was in the first year , it took a lot of fighting with the villages but they finally paid to get one in. However, the backyard still floods and needs more put in . I am now finding out there is a high water table under our villas and the drains in the street need to be replaced since the road is cracking and rippling. It’s only 5 years old and we have been fighting to get it fixed for 4 of those years
Closed Thread

Tags
yard, problem, drainage, organization, heavy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.