Courtyard Villa Garage

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2019, 08:39 AM
Default Courtyard Villa Garage

We recently moved within the Villages from a designer home with a 2 1/2 car garage to a lovely corner unit courtyard villa that only has a 1 1/2 car garage. We're thinking (?) of adding an additional garage (1 1/2) on the other side (with ARC approval of course.)
We recently went to an open house that had the additional garage. Loved it. Got the name of the company that built it. They have an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau.
So we would love to hear from anyone that has done it, who you would recommend (or NOT recommend) and if you're comfortable to provide an address that we could ride by and see the finished work.
Thank you all.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:08 AM
Platinum member

Harbortown Homes Phone: (352) 259-3379 just did that for my neighbor. they also did my lanai enclosure, and several of my neighbors.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

I’ve used a few different remodeling companies here in the Villages, the last one being Harbortown. For now on they will be the only one I would use. Ontime and great work.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:35 AM
Veteran member

Xcel Construction did a 350 square foot garage addition for me 2 years ago. They are located in Fruitland Park. They put a second floor on a house on my street, and are currently putting a large room addition onto my next door neighbors house.
If interested send me a PM and I'll give you my address to see my addition.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:55 PM

Three courtyard villas in the Hampton Villas of Sabal Chase have had a garage added in the last year or two. Two are on corner lots. One is on an end lot. Sorry but don't have any more info, but perhaps you could do a drive by and gather some from the owners -- the garages are easy to spot!! Good luck. (In my opinion, they all look great -- our Villas are Stucco.)
Old 02-10-2019, 04:23 PM

Thank you for the tip about Hampton Villas. We cruised through there today and located all 3 with the golf cart garage additions. They all looked great. We located another one in Amberjack Villas and a couple in Bonnybrook. So many choices! Thank you again.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:29 AM

Hi kmspla1952, we actually just purchased a CYV that has a additional GC garage. It was one of our requirements among a long list of others. It actually connects to the main garage and also has a additional door that leads to the Backyard and pool area. Very nice addition indeed for a CYV.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmspla1952 View Post
We recently moved within the Villages from a designer home with a 2 1/2 car garage to a lovely corner unit courtyard villa that only has a 1 1/2 car garage. We're thinking (?) of adding an additional garage (1 1/2) on the other side (with ARC approval of course.)
We recently went to an open house that had the additional garage. Loved it. Got the name of the company that built it. They have an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau.
So we would love to hear from anyone that has done it, who you would recommend (or NOT recommend) and if you're comfortable to provide an address that we could ride by and see the finished work.
Thank you all.

I replied to your message to your private message this AM did you get it ?
Old 02-17-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmspla1952 View Post
Thank you all.
We also are in a corner CV villa with a 2 car garage and were able to add a small single ca/golf cart garage. We used T&D ( the construction division ) and are very happy with the result.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:35 PM

I'm arriving in TV this summer and have too many cars. Can someone tell me the width of the door opening of the golf cart garage? And I'll be buying a home only if I can add a garage so I'd be curious of the approx cost for a 1.5 car addition in that neck of the woods. A bit cheaper than CA no doubt.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by rhart; 02-17-2019 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:45 PM

Thank you all for your input. We have Harbortown Homes scheduled to come out this Friday and XCel Construction on 03/04. We have driven by many of the addresses provided and the golf cart additions seem rather small. Just enough to hold a single golf cart. I believe we have the lot size and location to accommodate an addition larger than just a single golf cart but we were told that The Villages changed their requirements in 2018 to only allow golf cart garage additions with a 6-ft door. We are just going to have the construction companies give us their proposals and see what happens in taking it to the ARC. Thank you all again.
Closed Thread

Tags
garage, 1/2, recommend, courtyard, additional

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.