SCAMMED out of $$$

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Default SCAMMED out of $$$

SCAM from Match.com
My very dear friend whom lost her husband not long ago unfortunately met someone on a dating site and now has been swindled out of thousands of dollars. She now realizes the person who pleaded and was manipulating her mind to feel sorry for him/her/them are scamming her.

Any suggestions as to measures or advice I may give..they are still emailing and asking as well as telling her how to get money out of her investments, home and CC...Very Sad..she is vulnerable and grieving her loss of companionship here in TV..she has stopped communication but they have not
Old 04-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

First contact the police, with any luck, they can trace this person. Do not delete any emails. With cooperation of police, you may be able to turn the tables, by having this person call your friend and having the line tapped by police. If money was sent by mail, then I think wire fraud attaches. Get in contact with the police ASAP.

I have heard from other people that Match was a site to be avoided.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Gold member

And I know a few couples who met and fell in love on match advice always use your head which means never lend money
Old 04-01-2015, 05:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Intervene. Call police. See if there are any county services. The sheriff may have a department to help the victim.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.