Furniture Prices in the area

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Veteran member
Default Furniture Prices in the area

We bought a new Ranch and now we need to furnish it completely ???. We did a little looking right after we bought and it seems like the prices at Southern Living were as good or even better then most places in Ocala and Leesburg. I couldn't believe the cost of a bedroom set WOW- a blow up mattress is looking better all the time When we come back down in Dec we will get serious about buying. We are snowbirds and don't want to give away ( whats left of ) our kids inheritance YET on furniture. Any comments or recommendation on where to get furniture or not get it. ???
Old 08-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Default Re: Furniture Prices in the area

Besides helping you with golf balls (see another post...) I heard that they had a consignment place in TV. There are a lot of homes that have been sold "turn key" but the people had their own furniture so they placed the other furniture there to sell. I think in some cases that has been fairly new furniture.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Sage

We will also be looking for a house full of furniture at the end of October .. everything from beds and sofas to linens to patio furniture and kitchen forks. I heard Bargains and Treasures is a good place. I would welcome any suggestions as to where to find used furniture .. newpapers? websites? I'm sure there are some bargains if we know how to find them.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:12 AM

We are also in the process of moving here. Need living room, dining room and kitchen furniture. We have been to Leesburg and Ocala looking for good prices on furniture. Our recommendation is to stick with Southern Lifestyle. They have comparable prices and excellent service. You will always find a "sale" here or there, but to save time and aggravation (I hate furniture shopping) go to SL. If you don't see it on the floor, there are many catalogs to look at. If your furniture is here before you are (in our case) , they will deliver when you need it.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:20 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Southern Lifestyle is a great place..We bought our patio villa 3 years ago, we went in to SL picked the furniture and after our closing they had it delivered and all in place when we came back again...

That is a great service..We walked into a fully furnished house... :#1:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Veteran member

I also bought some things at SL. They were in the house at closing. Had bought a rug that I loved but found it didn't go with anything and was able to return it. One thing I found was all the bedroom furniture was massive. I didn't want a br filled with furniture. So went to Leesburg and found a bedframe I liked (smaller metal). Mattresses at another store. Then dresser and nightstand at another. Dresser and nightstand to be delivered next week when I am down.

Now if I could only figure out how to get the coffee table and end tables I bought up here down there!

Becky
Old 08-15-2007, 11:34 AM
Eternal Member

Rooms to Go in Ocala is good and not as expensive as Southern Life Styles. Babcock is not bad.

There are consignment places around for used furniture. There is one in Spruce Creek Plaza?? (across from Wal-Mart).

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:51 AM

I don't know if you're aware, but there are huge markups on furniture. If you go to a furniture place like Blockers for example, up in Ocala, and see something on the floor you like, you can always get a discount if you ask, at least 20%, maybe more if you're buying a lot of stuff. You won't get that discount at Southern Lifestyles. We bought a lot of our furniture in the Carolinas, but they charge shipping and now also charge tax, so there was some savings, but not all that much. For example a Broyhill bedroom suite we had looked at that was retailing for $2600, we got for $1750, but by the time we paid the tax and shipping we paid around $2200 or $2300. Also, there are a lot of used furniture items posted in the Villages Daily Sun, if you're not in a rush to buy. We bought a beautiful chair and coffee table at a garage sale. Good luck!
Old 08-15-2007, 11:55 AM

Where is Bab:edit: ??? (Nobody likes a SMART:edit: I'm so embar:edit:ed! :chillout

(I think the TOTV programmers need to work on the :edit: program code - like maybe not deleting a SEGMENT of a word like BABCOK - I had to misspell or it would have happened to me!)
Victoria &amp; Vancouver, B.C.<br />China Lake, Ca<br />Pasadena, Ca<br />Several cities in Orange Co., Ca<br />Bakersfield, Ca<br />Indiana, PA<br />West Palm Beach, FL<br />TV&nbsp; (Mallory Square)!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:28 PM

i completely furnished my villa the one week i had family with me at closing.
furniture from blockers, electronics from office depot, and walmart. odds and ends from target. at the time( 8 years ago) that meant lots of trips to ocala and leesburg but it all got done and delivered and set up in a week's time.
we told blocker's our timeframe and they were very accommodating.
since then i've bought a few pieces from southern lifestyle.
not sure if they still give a villager discount but i enjoyed their selection from suppliers catalogues, delivery and setup.
i've also purchased a few living room additions over the phone from blockers to match my original pieces.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Eternal Member

Good catch on the Bab.... place. I gess thaey are msissing out on some free advertising.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:10 PM

souhern lifestyles best there is

drd

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.