Covid 19 Mentality

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2021, 12:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Sure, with ZERO previous posts in the TWO YEARS of the trolls membership, at least 2 total posts including at least one reply by the troll in the thread the troll started because s/he had so much interest in the posted topic.. Yea, that! Then s/he gets the badge of approval. Sound reasonable?

I guess there are busybodies concerned about what others are doing and if they are qualified to be posting, even on here. I guess if one does not have anything to contribute to the subject, one can always cut down on another poster. Good way to keep someone you don't agree with from posting in the future.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
But is 3% a small number that should make you feel safe?

A 3% difference in gas prices would make me drive to the next station. A 3% increase in taxes would make me quite unhappy. A 3% increase in social security payment is about double what it has been likely. A 3% chance of being in a car crash would keep me off a busy highway. A 3% chance that a bridge might fail would have me finding a different way around.

A 3% chance of winning the lottery is something I would run towards; a 3% chance of being hospitalized and possibly dying is something I would run away from.
SERIOUSLY??!?!? You are telling me that if someone came and tried to sell you some form of protection (say lightening strike roofing material to ground your home in event of a strike) you would buy it with a 3% chance of it being worth the money and a 97% chance you overbought????? Sorry, but doubt if you are honest you would.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I've been vaccinated, yet I oppose vaccine mandates... How's that?
I'll take "Because you are a red blooded American that believes in personally responsibility and choice" for $2000 Alex.....
Old 09-27-2021, 12:32 PM

I "personally" know 5 people that have died from COID. I also personally know probably 200 folks that have suffered from it. All 5 of those that died had SERIOUS PREEXISTING HEALTH ISSUES. Sad, but true. Of those that I personally know if that have had it, maybe 10-15% had preexisting health issues, but it is hard to tell because that is those I KNOW have chosen to disclose vs being private about preexisting issues. Bottom line, YOU need to decide and do what is best for YOU...not your spouse, not your kids, not your neighbors, but YOU....because if you are WRONG in your choice, it will be YOU that pays the price.
Old 09-27-2021, 12:34 PM
Default Ask the rich vax companies.. they are honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Fun question:

If you get COVID what are the chances that you will be hospitalized?

A. 85-100%
B. 70 - 84%
C. 55 - 69%
D. 40 - 54%
E. 25 - 40%
F. 10 - 25%
G. 3 - 9%
H. 0- 2.99%

It's H, less than 3%

Let's think about this..PCR test was recalled by the FDA..Who knows..Oh I know, ABC NBC, CBS, CNN....
Old 09-27-2021, 01:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koapaka View Post
SERIOUSLY??!?!? You are telling me that if someone came and tried to sell you some form of protection (say lightening strike roofing material to ground your home in event of a strike) you would buy it with a 3% chance of it being worth the money and a 97% chance you overbought????? Sorry, but doubt if you are honest you would.
I would like to answer but I don’t understand your analogy at all.

I can say, honestly, that even though the chance of my house being hit by lightning is far less than 3% I am considering a protection system. That is just to protect possessions, I would/will/did take a vaccine to protect my life well before the risk rises to 3%.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-27-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I was amazed to see in the Orlando newspaper that Orange County (Orlando) approximately 80% of Firefighters were not vaccinated. That number “blew me away” and I had to ask myself why? In most cases it’s your choice and Firefighters are a homogenous group and I suspect that is the why. Still, the number (if accurate) is a surprise. I read recently that it is estimated that 25% don’t wear seatbelts on a regular basis. We humans are a strange bunch…. It shouldn’t be a surprise that some just won’t get a vaccine shot.
Does not surprise me....The firefighters/paramedics are more up to speed on the negatives of the vaccine than most older doctors...such as those on this forum perhaps.
Old 09-27-2021, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
Does not surprise me....The firefighters/paramedics are more up to speed on the negatives of the vaccine than most older doctors...such as those on this forum perhaps.
and you I suppose:1r otfl:
Closed Thread

Tags
protected, unprotected, covid, forcing, protection

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.