Covid-19 and the town squares

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2020, 06:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post
It was my understanding that the town squares would open with entertainment and require masks be worn by EVERYONE. How can the Village Entertainment be so careless with peoples lives. The last time I checked, Florida's positive test rate and death rate is still increasing. This virus is NOT going away, in fact, it will get worse as the winter months approach until a certified vaccine is developed.

Stop giving in to a few who still believe this virus is a hoax.
Then stay home. Simple. Masks arent mandatory in the square thats why no one is enforcing it. And dont assume people arent distancing when you see several people close. They are most likely from the same family. I was pretty impressed to see anyone wearing a mask and most were distancing. If someone gets too close to you, Move!! Again, simple
Old 10-12-2020, 06:25 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
After 3 weeks of retirement, Covid hit, and I was asked to come bac, to the OR. Those with young children wanted to stay Away. Not a problem.

For 5 months wore a 95, plus a surgical mask, plus a face shield. Sometimes used more than once. Unless you developed symptoms you were not tested.

Those who I know that tested positive, returned to work with very little issues, other than using all their vaca time.

Did three types of masks help some, NO. Was there a pattern on who tested positive, NO. We felt it was the luck of the draw. I don’t read the stats or watch the news on Covid, real life is so much better

Do I wear a surgical mask around those I don’t know, when indoors, yes. Outside not so much. Am I going to wait until a vaccine is available to resume my life, NO. But it’s my choice on how I live what is left of my life.
Finally! A voice of reason! Logical thoughts and actions and not the usual hysteria
Old 10-12-2020, 06:37 AM

If your afraid Don’t Go. Lock yourself inside
Old 10-12-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The problem is this. Most people are in agreement with wearing masks. It is the enforcement of that, that is at issue.

Who would the Entertainment Department call to throw out non mask wearing folks? It is not a law.

Especially those with a snoot full? It is the same everywhere. And it is far deeper than mask wearing. Most people of our age follow rules, except those who don't.

Me and mine are avoiding gatherings until our PCP says to get a vaccine.

It is a matter of personal responsibility. Please stay safe you and everyone.

I don't believe for a minute that "most agree with the mask". There is just as.much science that disagrees with the mask as there is that supports it. The media is unfair and you won't read or hear about it though.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:49 AM
Sage

Based on the Florida coronavirus dashboard, there is considerable variance in the number of cases reported each day for the last month. However, the overall trend does not appear to be increasing but does appear to be flat. The death rate is in a sharp decline, even when allowing for the fact that the deaths associated with any particular day take a while to be reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageuser View Post
There are plenty of articles in reputable news sources that mention the people who think that COVid worries are over-inflated and, yes, even a hoax. QAnon, for example, is one conspiracy group whose numbers of followers have exponentially grown in the last few years, who embraces that belief.

Also, the death rate may be down, but the cases are increasing, even with It becoming harder to get tested. There are possible long-term medical consequences to this disease, and I’m not referring to transmission, though that’s also a concern. So death is not the only serious result with which we need to be concerned.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:56 AM

To correct your lazy thinking - The mask is basically to protect others from your spittle - if everyone wore a mask no one would catch the virus from breathing the air.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:57 AM

The use of intelligence concerning masks is a bit over the top as the facts show masks have shown zero effect in slowing virus any more than the quarantine did , these facts were accrued by a physician who visited every dashboard in the country that had one working , the pandemic according to this physician is now at endemic status and vaccines are at best 60-70% effective
Old 10-12-2020, 07:06 AM

You nailed it. The developer could alternate square nights to satisfy both the mask and unmask residents. There are solutions in this divided country to be fair to all. However people would rather verbally abuse each other than look for solutions. The Villages use to be known as the Friendliest Hometown. Now a lot of residents on all sides have lost that part.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:06 AM
Sage

Please provide a reputable scientific reference to support your claim.

Here is a summary of the latest CDC thinking:

The coronavirus is airborne -- what that means for you - CNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinson View Post
To correct your lazy thinking - The mask is basically to protect others from your spittle - if everyone wore a mask no one would catch the virus from breathing the air.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiltongrizz11 View Post
I don't believe for a minute that "most agree with the mask". There is just as.much science that disagrees with the mask as there is that supports it. The media is unfair and you won't read or hear about it though.
Gallup poll: Most in U.S. wear mask in pubic 'always' or 'very often' - UPI.com

Poll Finds Record Number Of Americans Are Wearing Masks

More Americans now say they regularly wear masks in stores, businesses | Pew Research Center

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-12-2020 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Simple Question

What is the payback for those who insist Mask's are not needed. Is it just plain stupidity, or to compensate for an inferior complex and want to appear smarter than they are, etc? All serious and knowledgeable experts agree they are the first protection against a spread
of the serious health risks. Again, what is their payback for trying to mislead people from their beliefs?
Old 10-12-2020, 07:47 AM

I am uncomfortable with the inconsiderate people who refuse to believe in science like the Big Boss.

The fix is simple: The squares have barricades, no one gets in without a mask. If you don't want to wear a mask....STAY AWAY!
Old 10-12-2020, 07:55 AM

It’s not a law to wear a shirt in a store, but we do. It’s a policy, just like wearing a mask.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:57 AM

You truly believe most people are in agreement with wearing a mask?
Old 10-12-2020, 07:58 AM

I was at Lake Sumter Saturday and there was no masks at square
Closed Thread

Tags
squares, entertainment, town, virus, rate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.