Covid-19 and the town squares

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2020, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Sorry. There are MANY examples of spiking after an OUTDOOR event. The Tulsa campaign event was one. Outside is better, but there is still spread.
The Tulsa rally was INDOORS.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notes View Post
The Sturgis motorcycle rally was another. The nomination ceremony the White House held outside in the rose garden for his supreme court pick....the list goes on and on....
There was an INDOOR reception for Judge Barrett prior to the gathering in the Rose Garden.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

So my question is, does anyone actually believe Covid is suddenly more under control then when everything was shut down last a March? I personally think not, people are just burned out from the whole thing and have decided to make like an ostrich and bury their head in the sand and pretend the pandemic doesn’t exist? I guess time will tell?
Old 10-12-2020, 09:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notes View Post
The Sturgis motorcycle rally was another. The nomination ceremony the White House held outside in the rose garden for his supreme court pick....the list goes on and on....
Sturgis was traced to inside bars.

The press showed people scattered at the rose garden but transmission traced to the indoor reception prior.

The beast is airborne, mask up and minimize time in interior spaces with recirculated air.

The uncertainty of relying on testing only was clearly demonstrated.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Sorry. There are MANY examples of spiking after an OUTDOOR event. The Tulsa campaign event was one. Outside is better, but there is still spread.
Really? Tulsa was inside...
Old 10-13-2020, 08:22 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post
It was my understanding that the town squares would open with entertainment and require masks be worn by EVERYONE. How can the Village Entertainment be so careless with peoples lives. The last time I checked, Florida's positive test rate and death rate is still increasing. This virus is NOT going away, in fact, it will get worse as the winter months approach until a certified vaccine is developed.

Stop giving in to a few who still believe this virus is a hoax.
Whatever happens, it's up to the DEVELOPER who controls the Squares and Entertainment. It's up to the individual whether they shall attend or not due to safety concerns. No one is forced to attend!
Old 10-13-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Wish people would be wearing masks at the entertainment venues but nobody is enforcing it.

We plan to wait some time and see if people start catching the virus before we decide to go.
I am not wearing a mask outside. Or while in a car. The longer you stay isolated from people, the easier you will catch a cold.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
It's been about 9 months now and I still do not personally know of anyone that got the virus let alone died from it and I know a lot of people that really don't give a sh-- about social distancing or wearing a mask. I'm not saying it's a hoax but just stating my personal observation. I do the distancing and carry sanitizer in my pocket, wear the mask when i feel it is needed but not always.
Our neighborhood has had 8 positives, 2 hospitalized and several have friends and family that have died in other states. Our neighborhood has an agreement that if you are positive you make it public to the rest of the neighborhood so we can can contact trace.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-14-2020, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Our neighborhood has had 8 positives, 2 hospitalized and several have friends and family that have died in other states. Our neighborhood has an agreement that if you are positive you make it public to the rest of the neighborhood so we can can contact trace.
Not that I know of in our small village. But I have told you about two friends in Country Club Hills and two long time friends in Ohio. The first two were badly sickened and hospitalized and the second two, married so happily for years died within ten days of each other.

I just heard of neighbors that attended the rally in Sanford.

It is a microbe, a little infectious thing that passes in the air and is capable of serious complications. Much like the old fashioned measles.

I would not take a precious little person anywhere that I knew had the possibility of causing serious illness. No matter what was happening or wonderful the event. I would not want my older friends who I cherish to be exposed to an illness that could place them in ICU. It is really quite simple. Have we forgotten the diseases that many of us older people witnessed before there were treatments and vaccines for them?

There is yet to be found an answer to Covid-19. It mercifully doesn't seem to target small children, although some have died. 80% of it's victims are over 70.

I still wouldn't say to folks in their fifties or younger to just "run and play".

I am not a medically trained person. I taught little ones for decades and we were very careful of them in the classroom. That was before both parents worked outside the home.

I am not paranoid. I am not frightened but I am doing what the center for disease control suggests. (or at least the latest things they suggest) They can't help it. The world is STILL in the fact finding mode about this little ******* killer.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:12 AM
Default You need to check again. Your facts are wrong.

The death rate in Florida is WAY down. The only reason the positive rate is high is the fact that Florida is testing many more people than most states. The more people tested the more positive results. Testing positive is not a death sentence. A great many people have positive results with no symptoms, or very mild ones. The survival rate is 95% even in people over 75. People have free will. Let people who want to go to the squares go. You are welcome to stay home.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaj523 View Post
The death rate in Florida is WAY down. The only reason the positive rate is high is the fact that Florida is testing many more people than most states. The more people tested the more positive results. Testing positive is not a death sentence. A great many people have positive results with no symptoms, or very mild ones. The survival rate is 95% even in people over 75. People have free will. Let people who want to go to the squares go. You are welcome to stay home.
Out of 100 people over 75 that contract Covid-19, five will die.

FIVE WILL DIE.

Tags
squares, entertainment, town, virus, rate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.