Covid 19 Vaccine ID Card

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2021, 06:56 AM

The issue is that while Desantis originally sued the Federal government to allow
Cruising, he also made an Executive Order that NO business I. Florida can require the
Covid vaccinations. Now
The cruise industry will have
To sue him OR not dock in FL.
Totally illogical.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:57 AM

Its my understanding that everyone who was vaccinated was provided a card with the date or dates. I took a picture and saved it on my computer and phone as well as placed the original card in my passport. issue solved. I think we are making a lot out of a small issue. If you lost it, I would think a replacement is possible.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
How will cruise lines be able to come back to Florida if we don't allow ID proof of vaccine? All cruise lines will require proof, which we in Florida are not allowed to have if they become available.
We support an ID proof of vaccine. Yes, like money, licenses & other documents they can be forged. However, that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be used. Stiff penalties would be required for falsifying.

As much as we’d like to cruise now, we will not because too many ports of call are still closed to tourists.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Who told you that?
"Lots of people are saying"
Old 05-01-2021, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Anti vaxxy, used in reference to those who think others are wrong in their beliefs, their medical issues, or advice from their personal physicians. Those who use Anti Vax are the ones who stayed at home, those who you are speaking of are still taking risks, in Covid units, and for that I am greatly in debt to them.

I didn’t stay in my house like many for the last year, I worked exposed everyday, Never in fear. Remember essential workers had to be there so everyone else could stay safe in their homes.

White card have no reference to being a legal document, and yes they are on the net
Why in the world would anyone attempt to obtain a blank vaccine card and present it as showing they were immunized? That would be like painting a wide stripe diagonally across the chest so that it appears they were wearing their seatbelt. Craziness! I'm glad you have taken the reckless route of not being vaccinated without suffering the consequences, but you are playing with fire, just as the 570,000+ people did who are now pushing up dasies.
Old 05-01-2021, 06:59 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
Didn't you get a card or slip of paper with the date and type of vaccine you received when you got your shot(s)? Everyone that I know who went through Publix got that card. I've saved mine, including taking a photo of it on my phone. Some people have even said they had theirs laminated.
You got a shot "record" when you got each Covid shot. That IS NOT a national Covid "passport."
Old 05-01-2021, 07:01 AM
Thumbs down Infringement of rights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiltongrizz11 View Post
You guys are all nuts! There's no way in the world anyone should be okay with having to prove your papers to anyone. This is a kin to a mark on the wrist. Unbelievable of gullible people are.
Anyone who says vaccination passports would be an infringement of their rights must not use drivers licenses, passports, SS card, medical card, etc. Must be an interesting life.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnberg View Post
The issue is that while Desantis originally sued the Federal government to allow
Cruising, he also made an Executive Order that NO business I. Florida can require the
Covid vaccinations. Now
The cruise industry will have
To sue him OR not dock in FL.
Totally illogical.
I don't understand this post at all.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Oh, those people who did not get the vaccine should be punished! Should we start wearing yellow stars? Maybe we should get chipped! We can pledge allegiance to the vaccinated!
Not one person on this thread said anything at all close to this.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:12 AM

Florida will not allow vac cards. Vac cards are unconstitutional. Please turn off the MSM, you are being played.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Huh? I can think of one reason: They have chosen not to get vaccinated but want to go on a cruise ship. A quick Google will show that apparently there is interest in fake cards. Something better than a cardboard card is needed and is being worked on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
Why in the world would anyone attempt to obtain a blank vaccine card and present it as showing they were immunized? That would be like painting a wide stripe diagonally across the chest so that it appears they were wearing their seatbelt. Craziness! I'm glad you have taken the reckless route of not being vaccinated without suffering the consequences, but you are playing with fire, just as the 570,000+ people did who are now pushing up dasies.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
How will cruise lines be able to come back to Florida if we don't allow ID proof of vaccine? All cruise lines will require proof, which we in Florida are not allowed to have if they become available.
I expect that each passenger will have to sign something acknowledging that they have been vaccinated before they can sail. (similar to the paper that you now sign saying you are in good health). If they lie about bein vaccinated, then the cruise line could sue them to recover the cost of dealing with the situation if they come down with COVID.

Since 95% of the passengers are required to be vaccinated before they can sail, The cruise lines have to have a system to calculate that number. If you say you have NOT been vaccinated, then I'm sure you will not be permitted to sail. There are probably some passengers that can not be vaccinated for medical reasons (or children/infants) and it will be interesting to see if the cruise lines will allow them to sail.

I'm looking forward to cruising this year!
Old 05-01-2021, 07:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Anti vaxxy, used in reference to those who think others are wrong in their beliefs, their medical issues, or advice from their personal physicians. Those who use Anti Vax are the ones who stayed at home, those who you are speaking of are still taking risks, in Covid units, and for that I am greatly in debt to them.

I didn’t stay in my house like many for the last year, I worked exposed everyday, Never in fear. Remember essential workers had to be there so everyone else could stay safe in their homes.

White card have no reference to being a legal document, and yes they are on the net
Your profession holds great weight with people. People like me look up to people like you. More than once you have stated you didn't get the vaccine and I remember that you said that you had a reaction to other vaccines. Would you have a reaction to this vaccine or either of the two KINDS of anti-covid vaccines. Usually people site "eggs" or some other substance that makes their body go into an allergic reaction, but I read these are made differently.

I thank you for risking your life. If I could not be vaccinated, I would have to reconsider employment in the health industries.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Not one person on this thread said anything at all close to this.
Being denied access or treated like second-class citizens might be interpreted as being punished. And since it is necessary to identify the unclean in order to separate them there will need to be some form of identification.

You may not like the comparison, but whenever we start grouping people and giving more rights to one group over the other it almost always turns ugly. We should have learned that lesson by now but we just aren't all that bright sometimes.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-01-2021, 07:34 AM

Requiring a vaccine "passport" is one thing and I applaud the governor for saying he will not mandate it for the state of Florida. Everyone who gets vaccinated gets a vaccine card as proof of which vaccine and what date they received them. It's their own personal property and no reason why you can't show that to the cruiseline as proof of vaccine.
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, florida, lines, proof, vaccine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.