Covid 19 Vaccine ID Card

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2021, 07:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Yes, it is fair. Anyone who does not feel safe to have this "unapproved experimental" vaccine can opt not to have the vaccine. The fact that those folks will not be able to board a cruise ship is the consequence of making the decision not to be vaxxed.

Life isn't fair sometimes. We all have to live with that mantra. Don't we?
But CDC says 5% of the guests does not have to be vaccinated. And 2% of staff. Do you think they will be outed by the cruise line. So, will that keep you from boarding a ship
Old 05-02-2021, 07:04 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Yes, it is fair. Anyone who does not feel safe to have this "unapproved experimental" vaccine can opt not to have the vaccine. The fact that those folks will not be able to board a cruise ship is the consequence of making the decision not to be vaxxed.

Life isn't fair sometimes. We all have to live with that mantra. Don't we?
I’m okay with not getting on a cruise ship in the short term. Especially if it turns out that two years from now, studies show that people who received the vaccine have a higher incidence of cancer or some other immune system issues. That’s a trade off that I’m willing to make. But if it does, I promise you that I will not tell you: “Life isn't fair sometimes. We all have to live with that mantra. Don't we?”...
Old 05-02-2021, 08:29 PM

Quote:
That is a very valid question. I have lived in NY, NJ and Florida and have always had to show ID in order to vote. Are there really states that do not require ID to vote? I had no idea if that is the case. That sounds so fishy to me that anyone can vote and not have to prove they are a US Citizen. I've never had to show my voter's registration card though.
You've got to be joking here, right? EVERYONE has heard about the alleged 2020 voter fraud. I'll humor you though with a genuine response.
Voter Identification Requirements | Voter ID Laws
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture1.png
Views:	141
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	89297  
Old 05-03-2021, 04:47 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Does the letter state that the cruise ships will be allowing 5% non vaccinated passengers? Someone did mention the staff can have 2% non vaccinated also. So who keeps track of those numbers if it’s true. I don’t care, a cruise is nowhere on my horizon, but there are many who are frequent cruisers. Would it freak you out that 5% of passengers, and 2% staff will not be vaccinated?
One of my friends is VP in Guest relations for a major cruiseline. I called and asked about this. That small percentage is for people who, due to medical issues, cannot take the vaccine shot 2 after having an allergic reaction to shot 1.

It is not for any other reason. No other medical or religious reason will let you use the loophole.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:50 AM
Veteran member
Location: Dhahran, Duesseldorf, Hemel Hempstead, Phoenix, Grand Rapids, Washington DC, and now TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca9800 View Post
You've got to be joking here, right? EVERYONE has heard about the alleged 2020 voter fraud. I'll humor you though with a genuine response.
I'll just say this, so it doesn't go political - We received 12 mail-in voting ballot from Maryland last year - 4 for us and 8 for a bunch of people we don't know. 'nuff said.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
No, not joking and yes, I have heard of the alleged 2020 voter fraud. I really had no idea there are states that do not require ID. Thank you for enlightening me.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Just looking closer at the graphic and it shows NJ does not require ID to vote. I lived in NJ for 16 years and was always requested to show my ID.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:25 AM

maybe the cruise line will have you sign a document saying you have been vaccinated. Those that lie could be liable.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
I’m okay with not getting on a cruise ship in the short term. Especially if it turns out that two years from now, studies show that people who received the vaccine have a higher incidence of cancer or some other immune system issues. That’s a trade off that I’m willing to make. But if it does, I promise you that I will not tell you: “Life isn't fair sometimes. We all have to live with that mantra. Don't we?”...
I guess I'm more of a realist and do understand that life is not fair sometimes. That is how I was raised. This way, I don't turn out to be a "Karen" and act entitled when things don't go my way all the time.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The real question is what would have happened if you chose not to show an ID.

Quote:
Just looking closer at the graphic and it shows NJ does not require ID to vote. I lived in NJ for 16 years and was always requested to show my ID.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnascar View Post
maybe the cruise line will have you sign a document saying you have been vaccinated. Those that lie could be liable.
Honor system isn't going to work. If someone wants to cruise, they'll lie and the lawsuit and bad press will target the cruiseline for failing to provide documentary proof.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
Honor system isn't going to work. If someone wants to cruise, they'll lie and the lawsuit and bad press will target the cruiseline for failing to provide documentary proof.
That's sooooo true. Who is a lawyer going to sue? Some guy who saved 2 years to come up with a few grand to go on a vacation, or a multi-billion corporation that carries many millions in insurance to protect against these things
Old 05-03-2021, 07:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
The real question is what would have happened if you chose not to show an ID.
Good question. I have no idea because I have always complied with the request to produce my ID.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Absolutely agree. People lie all the time on their health questionnaires to get on the ship. Of course, answering the question of vaccination status certainly has more gravity but I have no doubt there will be people who will lie.........like a rug.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:25 AM

Quote:
I'll just say this, so it doesn't go political - We received 12 mail-in voting ballot from Maryland last year - 4 for us and 8 for a bunch of people we don't know. 'nuff said.
You might want to do some homework before believing what "some people are saying". Maryland isn't immune, concerns go back awhile.

Election Fraud List: Which States Had Voter Fraud Allegations? | Heavy.com

Maryland Voter Fraud Concerns

In May, Maryland state officials moved to decertify the election results in Baltimore’s primary. The number of ballots cast on April 26 amounted to hundreds more than the number of voters who were checked in at polling places, The Washington Post reported. There were also 80 provisional ballots that weren’t considered at all. The article stated that such discrepancies aren’t unusual, but the size prompted the state to intervene. One possible source of the discrepancy might have been provisional votes scanned early.

More disturbing allegations were brought up in 2014. An article by the Washington Post in 2014 showed that tens of thousands of voters had registered in both Virginia and Maryland, and many may have crossed state lines and voted twice.
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, florida, lines, proof, vaccine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.