COVID Testing at Polo Fields on Tuesday, March 24th

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2020, 08:50 AM

Why are the quantity of tests so limited. I was under the impression there was sufficient tests available for everybody. How many people were tested the first and second day?
Old 03-24-2020, 08:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Besides ANYONE can answer those 5 questions as true which would allow them to get the NON STUDY test with no symptoms. It's all a matter of telling the truth period. I myself missed the cutoff date for the approved test by 5 days so I took the study test. Anybody can cheat just like in school. The study testing is not approved but will give quick results period.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:58 AM
Sage

Today is the 2nd day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizemo33 View Post
Why are the quantity of tests so limited. I was under the impression there was sufficient tests available for everybody. How many people were tested the first and second day?
Old 03-24-2020, 09:06 AM
Sage

There is a lot of bad information out there. The 50% false positive factoid is probably attributed to a Chinese test, not a WHO test. Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
My wife and I had the voluntary research (test used in Europe) asymptomatic test done today at the Polo Field. They are also doing FDA approved tests for those with symptoms. Signing up for the asymptomatic test is probably a good thing. If you are asymptomatic, consider signing up for the test. It only takes about 10 minutes.

Are those the WHO tests that had a 50% false positive result?
Old 03-24-2020, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Sometimes I have to just SMH.

So UF has a test kit that they are comparing to test kits that are approved. The UF kits have a shorter result time, and are running the tests at a controlled environment at UF labs.

They use those without symptoms as the control group, to have a base line. Those who have symptoms are in the other control group.

None of these people are entitled what they are doing is helping research and what can be done to control the virus.

The volunteers are UF 3rd year medical students, administering the swab test. Normally they would be in a hospital in surgery or on the floor.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage

They have 1st year med students administering the swab test. Normally they would be in class but are now limited to web-based learning. This was according to the guy who administered our test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Sometimes I have to just SMH.

So UF has a test kit that they are comparing to test kits that are approved. The UF kits have a shorter result time, and are running the tests at a controlled environment at UF labs.

They use those without symptoms as the control group, to have a base line. Those who have symptoms are in the other control group.

None of these people are entitled what they are doing is helping research and what can be done to control the virus.

The volunteers are UF 3rd year medical students, administering the swab test. Normally they would be in a hospital in surgery or on the floor.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:13 AM

We all have the chance to get it. You let people come to the stores in the squares that are still open. Also there are people from outside TV that go to the grocery stores. Are you going to refuse them access to food and supplies also. Please do not get blinded by your selfishness. The Lord may be punishing us for our ill treatment of our fellow man. Treat all the same in this time of need.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Great explanation. Thanks!
Old 03-24-2020, 09:25 AM

Yes, please for the sake of everyone. Please, please, please, stay away from testing sites if you are not symptomatic. Also, quit hoarding paper towels and toilet paper. You don’t need any more than you were consuming before because stores are open. If everyone would shop as they usually did, before this pandemic, all our lives could pretty much go back to normal with the exception of secluding yourselves from others. This will not last forever but as long as it does, be smart and do the right thing.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:31 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizemo33 View Post
Each test takes time. At PMA, they thought they did a lot when they did 15 in a day.
Old 03-24-2020, 09:33 AM

Biker1, I believe the ones taking test kits (approved) from those who really needed is what was referenced and not people like you. There are many people in The Villages who behave as though they are entitled. Just look around you in grocery stores, on the roads, everywhere. This behavior has to change so we can all coexist happily and in a very friendly way.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:54 AM
Sage

I was under the impression that you needed a Dr.'s order for the FDA-approved test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
Biker1, I believe the ones taking test kits (approved) from those who really needed is what was referenced and not people like you. There are many people in The Villages who behave as though they are entitled. Just look around you in grocery stores, on the roads, everywhere. This behavior has to change so we can all coexist happily and in a very friendly way.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:00 AM
Sage

They are looking for asymptomatic people for a research study.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
Yes, please for the sake of everyone. Please, please, please, stay away from testing sites if you are not symptomatic. Also, quit hoarding paper towels and toilet paper. You don’t need any more than you were consuming before because stores are open. If everyone would shop as they usually did, before this pandemic, all our lives could pretty much go back to normal with the exception of secluding yourselves from others. This will not last forever but as long as it does, be smart and do the right thing.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

You know....there was an insert in the paper two days in a row that explained what is available, who should or should not apply, where to go even with a map.

NO SYMPTOMS = NO GO!!

There is something more lacking. Do folks understand if you try to get tested today with no symptoms all that tells you is what you have or not TODAY. As soon as you leave the test area you are back to zero. NO SYMPTOMS....same as yesterday.....so what is the intent go get tested again. Really?

How much simpler can it get?

NO SYMPTOMS = NO GO!!
Old 03-24-2020, 11:10 AM

They are providing testing using appropriate guidelines. The Villages is a part of a larger community of Sumter, Lake & Marion Counties. Should a villager be exempt from a hospital outside of Villages? Remember the golden rule of do unto others as you would have done to you.
Closed Thread

Tags
testing, stay, people, covid, limited

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.