COVID Testing at Polo Fields on Tuesday, March 24th

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2020, 11:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
They have 1st year med students administering the swab test. Normally they would be in class but are now limited to web-based learning. This was according to the guy who administered our test.
Actually we know some of the students from UF, yep they are 3rd year. Helps when your grands are in med school
Old 03-24-2020, 12:05 PM

Biker1 is correct. My wife and I also volunteered to be tested so that the FDA will get stats showing if the UF Tests are accurate. Hopefully thanks to the willingness of us "entitled ones" more test kits and tests will be available for the general public. Even those that have No Idea what they're talking about...
Old 03-24-2020, 12:09 PM
Sage

There are 3rd year students and 1st year students. How do I know this? The guy who administered the test was a 1st year student. He told me he was. The first guy we talked to (who pointed us the way) was a 3rd year student. Is there really a need to belabor this anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Actually we know some of the students from UF, yep they are 3rd year. Helps when your grands are in med school
Old 03-24-2020, 12:11 PM
Sage

Are you paying attention? They are looking for asymptomatic patients to take the non-FDA test for a research study. This means people without symptoms. They are accumulating data. This was in the paper and is on the website. If you have no symptoms and can spare the time, sign up to take the non-FDA test. If you have symptoms, they are running a different test in a different section of the Polo Fields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
You know....there was an insert in the paper two days in a row that explained what is available, who should or should not apply, where to go even with a map.

NO SYMPTOMS = NO GO!!

There is something more lacking. Do folks understand if you try to get tested today with no symptoms all that tells you is what you have or not TODAY. As soon as you leave the test area you are back to zero. NO SYMPTOMS....same as yesterday.....so what is the intent go get tested again. Really?

How much simpler can it get?

NO SYMPTOMS = NO GO!!

Last edited by biker1; 03-24-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
...How much simpler can it get?

NO SYMPTOMS = NO GO!!
Apparently it’s not quite simple enough.

What biker1 said.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:59 PM

They are puzzled because TV has NO/very low infection of Covid-19. The test is being done to see if there are many infected people in TV but somehow they do not show symptom or cured without ever showing symptom. Also, if there are no infections showing in TV, they want to know what exempted TV from getting COVID-19 when TV gets a lot of visitors from all parts of the world.
If you can, please participate whether you have the symptom or not. If you had the virus but cured and built up immunity without showing any symptom, you might just be the answer for the pandemic they are looking for..
Old 03-24-2020, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

My guess is that being older, and not having many proponents of the “Boomer Remover” mentality, many people in TV took the warnings about coronavirus seriously, right from the beginning. And now the consequences are showing.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:30 PM
Veteran member

I am quite sure If there were village residents on the Titanic.
The cry would have been women,chrildren,and village residents first
Old 03-24-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
If you had the virus but cured and built up immunity without showing any symptom, you might just be the answer for the pandemic they are looking for..
How would they know this? If you were infected and are now "cured" would you be free of the virus or would it still show up somehow?

I did the test today. I believe if you answered the questionnaire with symptoms of fever, chest congestion/shortness of breath and a bad cough you were in the "A" group.

I have had serious congestion/shortness of breath and a nasty cough since visiting Disney 14 days ago. Since I did not have a fever I was in group "B" which is the so-called "Clinical Arm" of the testing.

I should get results in 24-48 hours.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddyharm4554@gmail.com View Post
If you do not have symptoms.....stay home and stay away from the testing site. There are people in TV who may need the limited number of tests more than you do.
How many showed up?
Old 03-24-2020, 04:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAndre View Post
How would they know this? If you were infected and are now "cured" would you be free of the virus or would it still show up somehow?

I did the test today. I believe if you answered the questionnaire with symptoms of fever, chest congestion/shortness of breath and a bad cough you were in the "A" group.

I have had serious congestion/shortness of breath and a nasty cough since visiting Disney 14 days ago. Since I did not have a fever I was in group "B" which is the so-called "Clinical Arm" of the testing.

Thanks for your post. Please come back and let us know your results and how you are doing. God bless you.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAndre View Post

The test can detect the virus as well as the anti-body which proves you had the infection or at least were exposed to the virus at some point.

Last edited by Scbang; 03-24-2020 at 04:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-24-2020, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
There is a lot of bad information out there. The 50% false positive factoid is probably attributed to a Chinese test, not a WHO test. Who knows.
Close, it was also attributed to the very first CDC testing. While it could identify COVID-19 it gave many false positives for other illnesses.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
The test can detect the virus as well as the anti-body which proves you had the infection or at least were exposed to the virus at some point.
Thanks for your post. This is the first time I’ve heard it detects antibodies or possible exposure. We have reason to think we may have been exposed although we’re not now ill.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:26 PM
Sage

UF Health video describing activities at the Polo Fields
COVID-19 Testing
Closed Thread

Tags
testing, stay, people, covid, limited

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.