COVID Testing at Polo Fields on Tuesday, March 24th

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2020, 05:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam&rog View Post
Daily Sun said 300 entitled villagers showed up for unneeded tests. At 300 times 4 days that's 1200 test kits that could be used where they are really needed.
They should be ashamed but are probably not.
Were these 300 Villagers turned away? If they were asymptomatic, they should not have been tested. I don't understand why people do not listen to the criteria for being tested.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:32 PM
Sage

Sigh ... Read post #34.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Were these 300 Villagers turned away? If they were asymptomatic, they should not have been tested. I don't understand why people do not listen to the criteria for being tested.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizemo33 View Post
Why are the quantity of tests so limited. I was under the impression there was sufficient tests available for everybody. How many people were tested the first and second day?
The tests for this virus are good for any given moment in time. If a person tests negative one day that does not mean they will not be positive the following day. I have been hearing this over and over by the experts on TV.

How can there possibly be enough tests to test all asymptomatic people on a daily basis? Think about it. We will never know how many carriers there are in this country that are asymptomatic at any given time.

This is truly a scary thought until we have a vaccine or treatment that works. Just my thoughts and concerns.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
Yes, please for the sake of everyone. Please, please, please, stay away from testing sites if you are not symptomatic. Also, quit hoarding paper towels and toilet paper. You don’t need any more than you were consuming before because stores are open. If everyone would shop as they usually did, before this pandemic, all our lives could pretty much go back to normal with the exception of secluding yourselves from others. This will not last forever but as long as it does, be smart and do the right thing.
Hoarding is causing people to go to several stores several times of the day to try to "hit it right". This is actually exposing people more than they should be exposed. We are supposed to be practicing minimal exposure when it comes to grocery stores.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Thanks for your post. This is the first time I’ve heard it detects antibodies or possible exposure. We have reason to think we may have been exposed although we’re not now ill.
Heck.....I've been to Publix several times, Target a few times, Home Depot, Walmart Grocery, and Winn Dixie several times. I ASSUME I've been exposed. How can I not assume that?

I take precautions and wash my hands thoroughly when I get home and several times while I'm home. I NEVER touch anywhere on my face and I'm so attuned to that now, and I wipe down surfaces in my kitchen that my shopping bags touch with a solution that kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. I have yet to wipe down my entire grocery order. I just have to hope the employees of these stores are taking proper safe precautions with the handling of all the food supply and products the public is purchasing.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
if it's free forget it,
If it wasn’t free there wouldn’t be line
Old 03-24-2020, 06:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Sigh ... Read post #34.
biker.... Yes, I have read post #34. My response was to another post which was written before you explained about the study of asymptomatic people. I have been educated since reading further into this thread that you participated in a study of asymptomatic people. No need to sigh. Take a deep cleansing breath. Thank you for participating in the study.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:08 PM
Default So . . . .

Quote:
Hoarding is causing people to go to several stores several times of the day to try to "hit it right". This is actually exposing people more than they should be exposed. We are supposed to be practicing minimal exposure when it comes to grocery stores.
I have quite had it with the TV Publixes. Today I went down 44 to a local Leesburg Publix which had EVERYTHING I needed (except tp, pt, meat, and canned vegetables). The place was NOT crowded--and this was at 3 PM! Many shoppers wore masks across their noses and mouths. The store is the one in the same plaza as Popeye's.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:16 PM
Default By the way . . .

Quote:
The tests for this virus are good for any given moment in time. If a person tests negative one day that does not mean they will not be positive the following day. I have been hearing this over and over by the experts on TV. .
Not quite the same thread, but.... a nurse told me that the pools in TV are not chlorinated. Rather they are salt water. However, even if they WERE chlorinated, I haven't heard a single "expert" say that all viruses would automatically be killed in a pool such as ours. Anyway, I have gone by about nine local pools, and N O B O D Y was in any of them. Thanks goodness for having heads on their shoulders.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:39 PM
Gold member

The pools are closed ...and it’s my understanding the pools are not salt pools
Old 03-25-2020, 07:32 AM
Sage

Using state and federal funds, it must be open to everyone.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

OK IF you go online to register there are questions to answer. IF you meet the qualifications without lying for the test you get tested period. IF you don't meet the qualifications for the actual test you can opt to enter the study. Two different tests & not wasting supplies of test kits period. You'll get your results within 72 hours. Quick, easy & painless. You Don't have to go, you Don't have to be tested. If nothing else it's piece of mind. Yea I know if you test negative there's nothing saying you can't come down with it anyways just like the flu, pneumonia etc. Don't want to do it no problem don't !
Old 03-25-2020, 09:37 AM
Location: Pickerington ,Oh during the summer. Fenney during the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
Not quite the same thread, but.... a nurse told me that the pools in TV are not chlorinated. Rather they are salt water. However, even if they WERE chlorinated, I haven't heard a single "expert" say that all viruses would automatically be killed in a pool such as ours. Anyway, I have gone by about nine local pools, and N O B O D Y was in any of them. Thanks goodness for having heads on their shoulders.
FYI. Commonly referred to as chlorine generators, salt water pool systems make an electrolysis process with a control box and a salt cell. As pool water passes through the salt cell its exposed to a low voltage of electric current sent from the control box, which turns dissolved salt into sodium hypochlorite and hypochlorous acid. Hypochlorous acid is the same sanitizing component produced when any type of chlorine is added to pool water
Old 03-25-2020, 03:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
I thought all the pools in The Villages are closed.

About our salt water pools.....I googled information about how salt water pools are filtered. This is what I found and I've read this on several different websites........

What is a Saltwater Pool? Chemistry, Lifespan, Cost, & More
Old 03-25-2020, 03:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
The pools are closed ...and it’s my understanding the pools are not salt pools
The pools are salt water filtered. I swim all the time in the sports pools and my bathing suits do not fade out like they do in a chlorinated pool. The chlorination in a salt water pool is not nearly as strong as a pool filtered with chlorine. Believe me.....my bathing suits are the proof. They look good as new and they have been worn over and over in our pools here.

Tags
testing, stay, people, covid, limited

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.