COVID Vaccination Priorities at Safe Restart Site

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2021, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida20 View Post
I agree, wish you could list health risks. My husband currently is dealing with cancer and blood clots both lungs but he gets no priority.

I'm not a doctor. Perhaps, obvious. You should contact your doctor to discuss if in a weakened condition he would be wise to take a covid vaccine. I too have a pre-existing condition. Fortunately not as severe as yours. Stated elsewhere I have the code, no appointment and received the form e-mail that they are out of vaccines. I contacted my doctor's office and was told they do not expect to get any vaccines till about March.
Cancer. I would assume he is being treated by an Oncologist. I would expect a hospital would have an EMERGENCY supply and/or will get it first.
Old 01-17-2021, 05:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Seriously? Florida will vaccinate people from other states? Is that because this is a federal program?
Canadian snowbirds chartering private jets to fly south for faster COVID-19 vaccine access | CTV News
Old 01-17-2021, 06:54 PM

I agree. The governor's plan was announced quite a while before the product was available, so we all had ample opportunity to get ourselves on a waitlist. (I am not one that did, because I couldn't figure out until recently how to sign up, because NO ONE was answering the phones, NOR did they ever return my phone calls. With the millions of voice mails I am sure they received, one would think they would have recorded instructions on how to 'get in line'. I am happy that we finally figured it out, and are among the 7500 on the list. (and, yes we are over 65 with pre existing conditions). I accept where ever my place is in line, based on when I registered, as long as everyone is 65 or older, and no one is allowed to break line because they decided to show up on the wrong day or time (i.e. in advance of their appointment day/time)
Old 01-17-2021, 09:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

They may be flying south but have any Canadians have actually been vaccinated here in Florida? How can they be eligible?
Old 01-17-2021, 10:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,465 Times in 3,090 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
They may be flying south but have any Canadians have actually been vaccinated here in Florida? How can they be eligible?
Because that's how Florida chose to distribute the vaccine. They made that decision, very explicitly. Proof of ID (not proof of residence) is the only requirement.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:17 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john352 View Post
I recently read several posted comments about suspected anomalies in the scheduling priorities for the Safe Restart Site COVID vaccination site on CR-466 for 65 and older people; to some, they appear to have a scheduling priority that is different from giving the first-registered priority.

For the last 300 days, I have been analyzing the published COVID data from the state of Florida; I hope that Safe Restart is given a higher priority to the older people in the group of 65 and older.

The following information is based on the data for the state of Florida over the 61-day period of Oct 28 to Dec 27 Over that period, there were 4,661 new COVID deaths and 473,861 new cases reported for all age groups; the ratio of deaths to cases (D/C) is 0.98%. However, for the 65 and older group the D/C ratio is 5.4%; for the group under 65, the ratio is 0.18%. This implies that, if you are in the 65+ group and test positive, you are 29 times more likely to die than if you were in the group under 65. These numbers should make obvious why DeSantis gave priority to the 65+ group.

Now let us look at the age subgroups in the 65-and-over group. The D/C ratio for the 65-74 years group is 2.3%; 75-84 years, 6.8%; 85+ years, 15.8%. The data implies that, if you are in the group of 85+ that tests positive for COVID, there is a 15.8% chance that you will die; whereas, if you in the group of 65-74 years old there is only a 2.33% chance that you will die. In other words, if you in the 85+ group you are 6.8 times more likely to die if you have COVID than the 65-74 group.

I do not know how Safe Restart is prioritizing the appointments; however, it should be obvious that they should be giving oldest people in the 65 and over group priority. Safe Restart’s registration form did not request any preexisting medical condition, like COPD; but, we know that those people should have priority for receiving the vaccine.
Can someone please answer....why are you running to get this synthetic shot(I don’t call it a vaccine because it isn’t one) Has anyone read just what’s in the shot because this is not like the flu shot. Have you talked to a pharmacist about the breakdown of this shot.
Here is an interesting fact:
5% of the population is talking to a pharmacist about the Covid-19 so called vaccine
21% are talking to there doctor
51% are getting the information from the TV......oh boy
23% are getting the information from social media

That is very scary to me that only 26% of the population is talking to the professional
Before you jump on the shot wagon, ask questions to your pharmacist after all they are really the only ones that understand the components in the shot.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:22 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida20 View Post
I agree, wish you could list health risks. My husband currently is dealing with cancer and blood clots both lungs but he gets no priority.
Talk to your pharmacist first before you have anyone with health issues get the shot. This is not a true vaccine so be very careful getting the shot with love ones that have health issues.
I pray he wins his battle with cancer🙏🏻💙🙏🏻💙
Old 01-18-2021, 06:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Because that's how Florida chose to distribute the vaccine. They made that decision, very explicitly. Proof of ID (not proof of residence) is the only requirement.
I'm stumped. How could our governor make such a bad decision to do this?
Old 01-18-2021, 06:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz View Post
Talk to your pharmacist first before you have anyone with health issues get the shot. This is not a true vaccine so be very careful getting the shot with love ones that have health issues.
I pray he wins his battle with cancer🙏🏻💙🙏🏻💙
The vaccine neutralizes the virus and makes it unable to replicate in the human body. That's all I need to know but thank you for your advice.
Old 01-18-2021, 06:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,557 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Right at the top of the Florida Covid-19 Response page:
- Long-term care facility residents and staff
- Persons 65 years of age and older
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact
- Persons deemed to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 by hospital providers
And you have to have documentation from a hospital, not a dr for the covid provision. Hard to get.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

From all that I’ve read, the priority is pretty simple... reservations accepted only for people 65-years or older. After that first-come-first-served.

The Governor ignored all the CDC recommendations and over-simplified the rule to “65 and older”. Forget about all that 1a, 1b, 1c stuff. I wonder whether as much thought went into the governor’s rule as the CDC put into their recommended sequencing?
Old 01-18-2021, 07:50 AM

The older you get the higher your chance of dying. When it's your time, it's your time. Don't waste precious vaccines on folks with months to live with or without Covid. Give priority to folks 50 to 75.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:54 AM

Why should someone that smoked for 45 years and now has COPD because of smoking have priority?
Old 01-18-2021, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john352 View Post
I recently read several posted comments about suspected anomalies in the scheduling priorities for the Safe Restart Site COVID vaccination site on CR-466 for 65 and older people; to some, they appear to have a scheduling priority that is different from giving the first-registered priority.

For the last 300 days, I have been analyzing the published COVID data from the state of Florida; I hope that Safe Restart is given a higher priority to the older people in the group of 65 and older.

The following information is based on the data for the state of Florida over the 61-day period of Oct 28 to Dec 27 Over that period, there were 4,661 new COVID deaths and 473,861 new cases reported for all age groups; the ratio of deaths to cases (D/C) is 0.98%. However, for the 65 and older group the D/C ratio is 5.4%; for the group under 65, the ratio is 0.18%. This implies that, if you are in the 65+ group and test positive, you are 29 times more likely to die than if you were in the group under 65. These numbers should make obvious why DeSantis gave priority to the 65+ group.

Now let us look at the age subgroups in the 65-and-over group. The D/C ratio for the 65-74 years group is 2.3%; 75-84 years, 6.8%; 85+ years, 15.8%. The data implies that, if you are in the group of 85+ that tests positive for COVID, there is a 15.8% chance that you will die; whereas, if you in the group of 65-74 years old there is only a 2.33% chance that you will die. In other words, if you in the 85+ group you are 6.8 times more likely to die if you have COVID than the 65-74 group.

I do not know how Safe Restart is prioritizing the appointments; however, it should be obvious that they should be giving oldest people in the 65 and over group priority. Safe Restart’s registration form did not request any preexisting medical condition, like COPD; but, we know that those people should have priority for receiving the vaccine.
I am thankful that I do not make these decisions. Someone does need to choose. No matter what choice is made there will be valid points as to why it is wrong. Recently,
they discovered people dying from the vaccine. The commonality was older and with health issues. We hope we demand perfect answers-they simply do not exist.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:05 AM

Yes this was so frustrating to have signed up at 3:30 Monday afternoon and see that people who signed up on Tuesday were getting shots. I learned that 140,000 people tried to sign up early so that resulted in the computer error. There has to be a better way!
Closed Thread

Tags
group, covid, priority, safe, older

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.