Old 07-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default aquitted

http://news.yahoo.com/casey-anthony-...182149052.html
Old 07-05-2011, 02:24 PM

unbelievable
Old 07-05-2011, 02:47 PM

My son once said, "Do you know how dumb the average person is? Well, half the people are dumber than that!
Old 07-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Default Injustice for Cayley

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj1213 View Post
unbelievable
How the hell did they disregard the defense' opening statement with regards to the death being a drowning? At least an admission that she (and George if you believe Baez) was present with the child when she died. Then the body was found in the woods. She should be at least guilty of manslaughter; or is that the way everyone in Florida disposes of dead children? The jury failed in it's duties because they were tired of being locked away from their families for more than a month. I guess a young childs death has little meaning as compared to getting back home. Even the "finger" in court receives a stiffer penalty.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Veteran member

The burden of proof is on the prosecution. It's all about the "reasonable doubt." Do you think those gloating defense attorneys have a conscience or is it all about the fame and fortune?
Old 07-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Platinum member

Having been exposed ad nauseum to the trauma and drama of the Anthony Family since 2008, I studiously tried to avoid watching any portion of the trial! The few bits which I was "forced" to see on the late news each night persuaded me that neither side had a valid case; that a thoughtful jury would, of necessity, decide that there was "reasonable doubt."

That said, I am frankly rather shocked that there seems to have been absolutely no acknowledgement that Casey must have indeed had some negative impact on poor Caylee's future! A lesser charge than murder seemed to me inevitable!

I personally applaud the jurors for their forced dedication. May they never again be required to give up their personal freedoms just so they may have to make such a terribly difficult decision!

SWR
Old 07-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post

I personally applaud the jurors for their forced dedication. May they never again be required to give up their personal freedoms just so they may have to make such a terribly difficult decision!

SWR
My feelings, exactly, Steve. There are all sorts of jokes about jurors and their mental abilities...maybe those who joke have never been selected for that civic duty. If so, they might take exception to being characterized in such a fashion. I, too, applaud them for their time served. In the minds of the jurors, guilt was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Frankly, I'm glad I wasn't part of that particular panel.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Sage

Casey didn't do it. She had no connection with Callie's death. Apparently, that is reasonable to believe.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Gold member

Makes me wonder how ANYONE is ever convicted of first degree murder. This certainly may prove that the old adage "crime doesn't pay" is mistaken. This woman is going to become quite wealthy before too long.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Sage

Actually does not surprise me. In the TOTV poll, 15 out of 88 votes were either innocent or not sure. That means about 1 out of 5 posters here would not convict. It takes 12 of 12 to convict.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Actually does not surprise me. In the TOTV poll, 15 out of 88 votes were either innocent or not sure. That means about 1 out of 5 posters here would not convict. It takes 12 of 12 to convict.

And it took 12 of 12 to agree on each of the not guilty verdicts.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post

Ever seen "Twelve Angry Men"?
Old 07-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Ever seen "Twelve Angry Men"?
Ah yes, Hollywood's version of our justice system. In that movie, the audience was certain beyond a reasonable doubt that the suspect did it. That movie played on and helped propagate the romantic and erroneous notion that a defendant must be found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Hurray for Hollywood.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Ah yes, Hollywood's version of our justice system. In that movie, the audience was certain beyond a reasonable doubt that the suspect did it. That movie played on and helped propagate the romantic and erroneous notion that a defendant must be found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Hurray for Hollywood.
Good point.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post

As i heard somebody say today,"they found the only 12 people alive that still thinks the world is flat."
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.