Crafting in TV

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Question Crafting in TV

I have gone to some of the craft shows in TV, but I have found many of the crafters aren't residents. With a JoAnn's Fabrics & A Michael's where are the crafty people displaying and selling their beautiful works???
Old 07-03-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Terri View Post
I have gone to some of the craft shows in TV, but I have found many of the crafters aren't residents. With a JoAnn's Fabrics & A Michael's where are the crafty people displaying and selling their beautiful works???
Being a crafter who hopes to be moving to TV this fall I am very interested in this information as well. I love looking at local crafts and also maybe selling some.
Suzanne
Old 07-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Default October?

I think there will be a craft show and sale in maybe October at a couple of the rec centers. That will be residents from The Villages. I believe they do these two times per year.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Gold member
Default Check out Recreation News

every week for a while - and go to the craft groups that interest you, ask questions, and you will learn a lot. There are some VERY crafty people in TV.

I suggested looking every week because each week's Rec News only has that week's activities, and there are some groups that might meet bi-monthly or monthly, and you won't see them in there every week.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:48 AM
Sage

You do have to watch closely for the rec center craft shows. The shows are quite spectacular, all residents
Old 07-04-2011, 06:34 AM
Platinum member

Supposed to be one in LSL next weekend, July 9 & 10, I think. My wife makes jewelry and I do glass flameworking. We hope to be getting into some of these soon also. Still unpacking and haven't get everything set up yet.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Sage

I think the one in LSL next weekend is the regular twice yearly commercial craft show
Old 07-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
Supposed to be one in LSL next weekend, July 9 & 10, I think. My wife makes jewelry and I do glass flameworking. We hope to be getting into some of these soon also. Still unpacking and haven't get everything set up yet.
Your avatar is an example of that glass flame working isn't it Greg? That lovely frog??

I think that goes beyond crafting to artistry!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Default Just wondering...

...and certainly not trying to change the topic but I used to do stained glass years ago and really enjoyed it.

Does TV have a stained glass group or a place to do this? I would like to get back into it someday.

I made lamps. Thats all. Just lamps. I have this "Functional Dis-functionality"
about me. I dont care to make something just to look at. It has to DO something! Be useful. You know...functional.

So...I make a beautiful stained glass lampshade...put it on a nice lamp base...turn it on and (you guessed it) LOOK AT IT.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

We make Christmas ornaments. Have about 50 different ones we have made over the years. Come up with a new idea every year and make around 75 to give one to all Holiday visitors who come to the house. We now have people who collect them. Lately we have been on a wine cork scheme and each ornament somehow uses a wine cork. Have to have some excuse to drink all that wine.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Your avatar is an example of that glass flame working isn't it Greg? That lovely frog??
Yes he is and thank you.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-07-2011, 10:23 AM

You know, if you can find an Italian to date he'll take your mind right off crafting.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Straz View Post
You know, if you can find an Italian to date he'll take your mind right off crafting.

Not sure who you were responding to, but it would take a really special guy to take my mind off crafting....burnt once twice shy.....
Suzanne
Old 07-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PylutDood View Post
...and certainly not trying to change the topic but I used to do stained glass years ago and really enjoyed it.

Does TV have a stained glass group or a place to do this? I would like to get back into it someday.

I made lamps. Thats all. Just lamps. I have this "Functional Dis-functionality"
about me. I dont care to make something just to look at. It has to DO something! Be useful. You know...functional.

So...I make a beautiful stained glass lampshade...put it on a nice lamp base...turn it on and (you guessed it) LOOK AT IT.
i have purchased stained glass pieces that hang on chains - we place them in front of our full-size windows for a designer effect that we love to look at! we love the way the glass is always changing with the different amounts of sunlight that shine thru - or doesn't! those pieces DO a lot for our enjoyment!

Old 07-08-2011, 07:08 AM

Suzanne,
I guarantee once you move to TV you will come out again and embrace a Male friend. No one is perfect in any relationship, but we do BOTH participate. Correct what he didn't like about you and you will regain your confidence enough to try again.
You can't stay in the house all day just because you got caught in the rain once. Your life will be happier here, and you're now in my prayers. Smiles are better than frowns, TV will make you smile again.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.