crazy drivers

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2017, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
GG, it's not like you to make such a sweeping generalization.
I hope you're referring to renters who are inexperienced driving in TV; and NOT to seasonal residents.
Just MORE people....AND THE SAME PERCENTAGE OF BAD DRIVING AMONG MORE PEOPLE.

LOTS of people ....ohhh bunchs and about 90 percent of all present during the crowded times are not believers in stop signs and red lights and NEED to pass you.(I love to exaggerate)

STAY SAFE. I WANT TO COUNT ALL OF YOUR noses come April.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-26-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I think there are various ways of looking at the driving here in TV.

For starters those of us who live here year round are used to the type of drivers here, good and bad.

For those that winter here they are used to their home town way of driving and are shocked when they get here and see how we drive and think we are just a bunch of old fuddy duddies.

Also, many winter residents are in "party mood". They get in those golf carts and become teenagers again, they forget that they are in an actual vehicle and should obey the traffic laws.

Then add in the really large number of people who should not be driving for either health or eye problems. Add in people who have never had to drive a traffic circle, or if they have it may be much bigger than ours. Add in locals who are cutting through our Village and really don't give a damn about anyone living here.

We are going to add an enormous number of people immediately after Christmas - who are hell bent on having a great winter - who have no intention of ever becoming a resident so we should all smarten up and drive accordingly if we want to see 2018. The best way to do that is to drive defensively. IMHO there is no point in b*****g about it, because it is not going to change EVER.

For years I was a winter resident on the Gulf Coast and was only there to get out of the cold, walk the beach, eat out and enjoy myself so I think I know what I am talking about.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 09-26-2017 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbb View Post
What can be done about the weird drivers?

Saturday a couple in a fancy cart, pulled up behind us at a stop sign, honked and started yelling, "Hey get going you *****"
Then after moving out, he roared up about one foot from our rear bumper.
Then, at the next opening for a recreation center, he sped into the open lot, roared across the lot and then at the next exit from that lot he pulled out in front of us at a very aggressive speed and came very close to causing an accident.
So, my question to the occupants of this fine Village, do you know of or care abut the wild stuff going on?
It is almost impossible to go for a nice bike ride and not get nearly swiped by some one who does not like bicycles.
On the MMP we always yield to carts and any pedestrians, we all need to use the MMP units.
State law we understand is the autos are to be 3 feet from a cart when passing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, OK that sounds good but?
One guy at a Recreation center said he wanted to put his boot through my bike spokes, Really?
So, for those of you who care, do you have any suggestions? If you do not care, that is fine too.
How many happy hours does it take to produce a safe driver with some courtesy and common sense?
That's outrageous. Get a picture with your cell phone, then call the Sheriff.

I drive the Morse paths a lot, and I like to drive at 16-17 mph--it's quieter and more enjoyable view-wise. If I see someone approaching from behind me, and if I see a clear view for a couple hundred feet ahead, I slow down more, hug the right shoulder, wave them to pass and wave again as the do. Mostly, they wave back.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
1230 today I'm at light at 466a & Morse waiting to make left turn & head North on Morse when my light changes. I'm facing eastbound....motorcycle heading southbound on Morse approaching intersection & some dizzy broad turns left in front of him. I saw his back wheel wiggle as he locked up his brakes. She grimaced & continued on. If it would have been an accident I would have had it all on dash cam video. I was nervous as hell and wasn't even involved. Thank God he cleared her.
I used to ride a motorcycle for years up north, but I decided to sell it and give up riding before we bought a place down here.
After spending time down here and seeing how people drive, I would never consider riding a motorcycle in or around TV.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
R U really Happi-now??

Yup...really am!!
Closed Thread

Tags
drivers, weird, crazy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.