Crazy Golf Course Rules

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2013, 05:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkei View Post
Why not get a cheap set of clubs and let her hit a ball off the tee and then pick It up after each shot? Maybe then you can keep your 4 dollars and find something else to complain about?
If a child over 12 plays golf, then you are charged for golf green fees. They must have a valid ID.

These posts find fault with how our courses are run and this is just the standard way of doing business at every golf course I have golfed on in the 40 years I have played golf , not just here. No one is being picked on with these rules.

In fact when I read these posts I realize just how little people who move here and begin to play golf for the first time HERE realize what a bargain golf is on the executive courses in the villages.

Outside in most other golf courses,there are many more rules. You are expected to wear a collared shirt, no jeans, ladies must be suitably attired and no short shorts, etc, etc, and those will be asked to leave if they do not keep the pace of play, hit into the group ahead, etc. etc. or don't act like a gentlemen or lady.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:22 AM
Gold member
Talking

opc orn:Time for the Popcorn, Bill!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 AM
Default totally agree

You hit the nail on the head. I also don't want children on the golf course. Last evening we were out on El Diablo getting ready to tee off when a gentleman and small child went breezing by on their bikes being noisy. I duffed my shot and swore under my breath. Why were they on the golf course in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
So, you recommend cheating a system that the vast majority are in favor of. As a dedicated golfer, I do not want children nor spectators on or even near the tee boxes and greens. As an avid golfer, I view golfing as a sport and not an amusement park.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
You hit the nail on the head. I also don't want children on the golf course. Last evening we were out on El Diablo getting ready to tee off when a gentleman and small child went breezing by on their bikes being noisy. I duffed my shot and swore under my breath. Why were they on the golf course in the first place?
a mulligan would be appropriate in this case.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren kiefer View Post
i just became aware of some executive golf course and recreation center rules that seem a bit over the top. I met some friends at a executive golf course, one of the couples had their 12 year old grandson along. The young man had a guest pass and planned to spend an hour or two in the recreation center while the grandparents played golf.. The rec center monitor informed them the grandson would have to be 19 to use the rec center facilities. Now the grandparents had a problem, grandson was not permitted in the rec center, and could not ride along in the grandparents golf cart as a spectatorbecause three persons to a cart isn't permitted. It gets more goofy now, if the grandparents were in separate carts, the grandson could ride along as a spectator with one of them but would have to pay a $4.00 trail fee. Why should a non playing family member have to pay a trail fee to ride along with a grandparent in the grandparent's cart?????? A trail fee for doing what ????????
no this isn't over the top. It makes perfectly good sense. Seems to me like someone needs to read the rules..... Trail fees are just that -" trail fees." they are in place for persons using the trails regardless of their age. Why is any of this questionable???? Lastly, a 12 year old child should not be dropped off at any rec center or anywhere without adult supervision......
Old 03-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I just became aware of some executive golf course and recreation center rules that seem a bit over the top.
Hate to say it...err...no I don't ...but nothing in your OP sounds out of line to me. Just reasonable rules considering the nature of TV.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Platinum member

It is not my intent to be tacky, but since grandchildren are allowed here (by the rules in place) a limited number of days each year, why not do your golfing another time and entertain him yourselves? You could take him to Johnny Rockets for lunch, the movies, golf cart riding with you doing the driving since he is not old enough (14) to drive, outside TV for minature golf, Silver Springs, etc. Spend your time with him....he'll grow up soon enough.

Breaking rules and/or expecting exceptions to them is not setting a good example for him. Life is full of rules and kids need to learn to accept and abide by them at an early age. Nobody at any age should be allowed to pick and choose which rules/laws to abide by.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 03-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Gold member

Just my 2 cents worth.

Places I play in So. Fla. charge someone (usually) $10.00 for a person to just ride along in a cart.

Right, wrong or indifferent, that's the way it is!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Sorry, but I see every rule mentioned to be spot on and should be strictly enforced. This is a retirement community for adults, not a day care center.
I agree, if someone doesn't like the rules there's not a requirement to play the course or use the facilities.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantwaittoarrive View Post
I agree, if someone doesn't like the rules there's not a requirement to play the course or use the facilities.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
I just became aware of some executive golf course and recreation center rules that seem a bit over the top... It gets more goofy now, If the grandparents were in separate carts, the grandson could ride along as a spectator with one of them but WOULD HAVE TO PAY A $4.00 TRAIL FEE. Why should a non playing family member have to pay a trail fee to ride along with a grandparent in the grandparent's cart?????? A trail fee for doing what ????????

Originally posted by CatskillBill.
You struck a nerve for me too with that one Warren. I totally agree. RIPOFF!! Spectators should NOT have to pay to just ride around the course. Same thing applies for example if my wife (who doesn't play golf) just wants to take in the view and watch me golf. She wouldn't be taking up anyone's tee time, using my gas, and would get to see some of the nicest scenery in TV like the Heron course along Lake Miona, that's unavailable if you don't play golf.
One reason for having a trail fee is to pay for fairways; carts/tires are an important contributor to the total costs of fairway maintenance. Let's take CatskillBill's statement that "Spectators should NOT have to pay to just ride around the course" and push it to the extreme. So, a foursome decides to play golf. Each brings along a non-playing guest (wife, grandson, neighbor, whoever) for free. Now we've got four carts instead of the normal two carts you'd expect in a foursome, resulting in twice the wear and tear on fairways. Now, let's push that rule just one teensie bit farther. Since spectators shouldn't have to pay to just ride around the course, and people want to see some of the nicest scenery in TV, why not let non-golfers ride the fairways to view the scenery?...afterall, even non-golfers pay the monthly amenities fee? Incremental rule changes are pavers on the proverbial slippery slope.

Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit. Aristotle
Old 03-20-2013, 06:22 PM

I agree that this is a retirement community not a day care. A 12 year old should not be left alone at a rec center for any reason. Spend the time with the kid. He came to visit you. You can golf when he has gone home.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:23 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

I think the whole rant started because their nefarious plan to make the Rec Center Staff be their unpaid babysitters for two hours failed. The golf cart balderdash was icing on the cake.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I think the whole rant started because their nefarious plan to make the Rec Center Staff be their unpaid babysitters for two hours failed. The golf cart balderdash was icing on the cake.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Veteran member

I don't play golf and know very little about the game, so if these questions seem stupid..please excuse me.

(If someone could explain to me if I'm wrong on any of this) If I understand things correctly if you live in TV & pay your monthly amenity fee you can play gold for "free" on any of the "executive" courses. However, "free" only applies IF you are walking the course. If you are driving a golf cart you are charged a $4 trail fee. Correct?

However..the cart trail fee is not for the "cart" it is charged per person. So if two people are playing golf using one cart the fee is $8 and not $4? And 3 people cannot use 1 cart even though some carts seat 4 people, correct? Now if two people are riding in the cart and only one is playing, the fee is still $8. Correct or wrong?

If the trail fee is collected to help pay for the costs of maintaining the trails and fixing up any cart damage, would it not make sense to have less carts on the trail? So if two people are riding in one cart and pay $8 for a trail fee, there is no real encouragement to ride together and thus have less carts using the trail..and I guess..less wear & tear. Correct?

As they say on talk radio..I'll hang up & wait for the answer.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.