Creation of a TOTV Clique

View Poll Results: Should all members of TOTV automatically become members of "The Clique?"
YES: All members of TOTV should automatically be members. 5 21.74%
NO: Only those whose club dues are paid in full should be members. 5 21.74%
MAYBE: I can't make up my mind. 3 13.04%
I'm too busy watching tomatoes go bad at the supermarket to vote! 13 56.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Default Creation of a TOTV Clique

As a followup to the "Rats and Alligators" topic, I am making a motion that all members of TOTV automatically become members of "The Clique!" Please cast you vote in this poll!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 08-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Gold member

count me in! Since the meetings are at Crispers...could the meetings be called "Crispers Cliquers Club Coffee Klatch"?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Gold member

Count me in, but only if we spell it Clicker, since we are, after all, on the computers most of the time. LOL I voted for all of them as I could not make up my mind which one would be the best. Hey, I think I will run for congress.

Trish, have you tried to say that really fast five times. *S*
NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Home Protection Instructor
Retired Army Military Police Investigator - 20 years, 4 months, 13 days
Retired Deputy Sheriff/Corrections Officer
IDPA Safety Officer Instructor
All skill is in vain when an Angel weewees in the flintlock of your musket.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica View Post
Count me in, but only if we spell it Clicker, since we are, after all, on the computers most of the time. LOL I voted for all of them as I could not make up my mind which one would be the best. Hey, I think I will run for congress.
Hey, being that was one of the choices, why in the world would you vote for all four? .....Oh, never mind! I figured out that it's because your qualified to run for congress.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Dancing Thyme

I really don't understand this thread??? Since when do we want to form a "clique" on TOTV?? If that had been the case back in '07, I never would have been accepted as a newbie here on totv... We have always kept our arms open to all new people as they come here to enjoy their retirement life, we have never turned our backs or made "newbies" to feel uncomfortable or not welcomed to join us. I really think this is the wrong attitude to take. To those who want to form a clique, so be it. I, for one, will never take that approach. When I have been in attendance at Crispers, we accept and welcome newbies and consider them immediately to be part of the family... Please explain to me why we would suddenly want to form a closed clique?? Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm totally misunderstanding the entire message in this thread, but if I am, please explain. This is not a good reflection to any newcomers...

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Question Not understanding too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I really don't understand this thread??? Since when do we want to form a "clique" on TOTV?? If that had been the case back in '07, I never would have been accepted as a newbie here on totv... We have always kept our arms open to all new people as they come here to enjoy their retirement life, we have never turned our backs or made "newbies" to feel uncomfortable or not welcomed to join us. I really think this is the wrong attitude to take. To those who want to form a clique, so be it. I, for one, will never take that approach. When I have been in attendance at Crispers, we accept and welcome newbies and consider them immediately to be part of the family... Please explain to me why we would suddenly want to form a closed clique?? Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I'm totally misunderstanding the entire message in this thread, but if I am, please explain. This is not a good reflection to any newcomers...
Well said, kathieI. I also am kind of confused by this thread?

Last edited by pzjay; 08-03-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelled kathie wrong!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzjay View Post
Well said, kathieI. I also am kind of confused by this thread?
Bravo!!!!!!ji
Old 08-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Gold member

This is a joke!! I think it was in response to someone commenting about there being "cliques" on TOTV. If you analyze the choices, you'll realize they are all meant to be funny....there are no dues on TOTV. It's all done tongue in cheek and I thought it was quite amusing.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
It's about Posts #111 and #153 in the Rats and Alligators thread......and how Tony the Moderator said on July 6 to "stop frisking people at the door and trying to run them off" by raising suspicion about posters' identity and implying their motives are nasty (for saying something is not all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows here in TV). That was in the thread, "Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate..."

People in the Rats and Alligators thread sympathized with Patlyn, who says she's done with this board and will not come back, because her identity and motives were questioned and made to look suspicious for posting concerns about seeing more rats lately. A few others agreed that there is indeed a "clique" (Inner Circle) here.

I thought "frisking people at the door" described it well. Just because you know more about TV or don't like somebody's opinion does not mean they should be treated as "suspect" or shunned when posting a comment or question.

I'm going to duck now, because of incoming rotten tomatoes.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:18 PM

Kathie,
Thanks for being a truly wonderful person. I don't find this thread funny but I think it is an attempt to mock. The world is full of wonderful people and a few jerks. Guess its the same with this board.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Default Cliques

I for one think that TOTV does not have cliques, BUT................I truly believe and have experienced cliques in so many areas of TV. Anything that I have tried to get into, I have had to be very persistent and keep going back to, even when my heart pounded and I could hardly breathe because I was so intimidated and felt like I was intruding on a group that was not welcoming and friendly. I have since found out that is exactly what I have to do, keep going back until my face becomes familiar to everyone. When I see a newbie in the different activities that I am into I practically run to them to make them feel welcome. There just is not a worse feeling than feeling like you are not welcome. I'm talking about, water volleyball, pickleball, different exercise classes, line dancing, and the list goes on. NO MORE CLIQUES PLEASE! That is the only part of TV that I HATE! Once in, your in, but getting there is so intimidating and difficult. Ok, thanks for listening and hearing me vent!!!!!!!!

I'm the type of woman that when I get up in the morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up"!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Sage

Does this mean.... I'm not going to be able to do my secret handshake????
Old 08-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Veteran member
Default Bravo to Kathie !!

As an outsider who remains the everlasting wannabee ~~ I perceived this topic to be an attempt at humor... however, the word CLIQUE represents something less than funny !! There were cliques when we were in school and I'm sure there are cliques everywhere people get together in clubs, communities, classes, especially on internet forums.

Thank goodness for people like Kathie who graciously welcome newbies

Old 08-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Sage

CIB

Long time no see - welcome back.

Just noticed your comment about being with Bambi; we currently have a small herd eating the wife's roses, any recommendations about protecting the roses from the dears.

Thanks

Chuck
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 08-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
This is a joke!! I think it was in response to someone commenting about there being "cliques" on TOTV. If you analyze the choices, you'll realize they are all meant to be funny....there are no dues on TOTV. It's all done tongue in cheek and I thought it was quite amusing.
Thank you Trish! You hit the nail right on the head and did not join the "clique" of those who I feel unfairly criticized me when I was only exercising my humor by spoofing my distaste for cliques.

If people were reading the posts that led up to this poll and if they have been reading my many post over the past months since I joined TOTV, then I feel they should have realized that I'm not a clique type of person nor an advocate of cliques. If they haven't then I can somewhat understand their reaction to a degree.

I mostly try to inject humor in most of what I post and now I have doubts as to weither it's appreciated enough to continue. I'll let future reactions confirm or dispell those doubts!
The Villages Florida
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.