Crimes Committed by Young Adults living with Elderly Parents

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 07:45 AM
Default Crimes Committed by Young Adults living with Elderly Parents

Every day in The ************* a story about a young adult or an older adult living with their elderly parents are either robbing, stealing, abusing ,violent, or creating some criminal acts within The Villages and the surrounding areas. When is this issue going to be addressed, these so called children are under the guise of attending to the needs of their parents, but somehow this is far from the truth. Many of these parents have been enablers and the end results are the crazy behaviors and lack of discipline of these children, which obviously leads to boredom ; the majority aren't working and they create chaos throughout our communities. There has to be a way to WEED OUT some of these troublesome people.
ANY SUGGESTIONS ????
Old 03-27-2020, 08:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

This dead horse has been beaten repeatedly over the years on ToTv. You are right, most of the time the parents are enablers. For some people that's easier than actually being a parent. Many things have been suggested, even by me a few years ago. But in reality, over nineteen year old children can't be stopped from living here. If you see a law being broken, or a disturbance happening, call the police.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

The dot com news source is primarily the local police blotters.
Fortunately over 98% of TV residents do not have this problem.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:37 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
Every day in The ************* a story about a young adult or an older adult living with their elderly parents are either robbing, stealing, abusing ,violent, or creating some criminal acts within The Villages and the surrounding areas. When is this issue going to be addressed, these so called children are under the guise of attending to the needs of their parents, but somehow this is far from the truth. Many of these parents have been enablers and the end results are the crazy behaviors and lack of discipline of these children, which obviously leads to boredom ; the majority aren't working and they create chaos throughout our communities. There has to be a way to WEED OUT some of these troublesome people.
ANY SUGGESTIONS ????
Howzabout you post your legal suggestions first?

Old 03-27-2020, 03:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
ANY SUGGESTIONS ????
I agree with you but I don't know to get the bad one's out.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

I don’t know where you lived before, but what was done where you used to live to eliminate this problem?
Old 03-27-2020, 05:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
ANY SUGGESTIONS ????
No, I don't know what can be done.

In the "old" days when life was a bit rougher, the offending kid would have been dealt with by the community or forcibly expelled.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA;1734774a
No, I don't know what can be done.

In the "old" days when life was a bit rougher, the offending kid would have been dealt with by the community or forcibly expelled.
In my old days noone I knew of adult age lived with/off their parents. Just never happened, ever !!!
Old 03-27-2020, 07:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
In my old days noone I knew of adult age lived with/off their parents. Just never happened, ever !!!
Yes, I concur with that. Rare, if ever. And if it did, adios to the kid.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Every day a story about a young adult or an older adult living with their elderly parents are either robbing, stealing, abusing ,violent, or creating some criminal acts within The Villages and the surrounding areas...
This has been a problem for many years, and the only murder I'm aware of in TV was caused by a daughter living with her parents. It happened in 2006 and it has it's own page in wikipedia.

Murder of Diana Miller - Wikipedia

Villages victim's loved ones want killer executed - Orlando Sentinel

The last person I know that has died as a result of a Villager's child was in 2017, when a visitor fell out of a golf cart driven by a drunken 36 year old. Here's the story on that one.

Sumter County woman dies from golf cart fall, man charged, police say

The case went to court last year. I cannot put a link to the online newspaper, so here is the story.

Villagers’ son gets off with probation in woman’s fatal fall from golf cart

May 20, 2019

A man who was visiting his parents in The Villages and left a woman to die after she fell from their golf cart will not spend any time behind bars.

Timothy Jacob Foxworth, 38, on Monday morning in Sumter County Court pleaded no contest to two misdemeanor charges in connection with the July 16, 2017 incident which claimed the life of 51-year-old Shelly Osterhout.

Foxworth said little as he stood before Judge William H. Hallman III, who sentenced the North Carolina man to one year of probation and 50 hours of community service.

“It stinks,” Osterhout’s eldest son, Jacob, said after the hearing.

The 28-year-old from Tampa sat near the front of the courtroom with his mother’s mother and sister.

Shelly Osterhout
“My mother raised three sons to be strong men. He is weak,” Jacob Osterhout said of Foxworth.

Foxworth was accompanied to court by his father, Roger Foxworth, who sold his Village of Gilchrist home and moved to North Carolina after his son’s arrest.

Father and son had been drinking together at City Fire at Brownwood on that fateful night in 2017 when the younger Foxworth met Osterhout, who was visiting The Villages from Fort Myers. They left together in his parents’ golf cart from which she fell, suffering the fatal head injury. Foxworth told police he “panicked,” dragged her body into a flower bed and drove away. She was discovered by Good Samaritans who called for an ambulance. She later died at Ocala Regional Medical Center.

Foxworth offered no words of remorse as he stood before the judge. Foxworth was accompanied by his attorney Andrew Moses, who skillfully and methodically over the past several months negotiated the charges down from DUI manslaughter and hit-and-run felonies to misdemeanor charges of culpable negligence and DUI impairment. Moses relied on case law that dictated his client could not be charged with leaving the scene of an accident because there was no crash – Osterhout fell from the golf cart when Foxworth discovered he was traveling in the wrong direction and cut a sharp U-turn.

Assistant State Attorney William James Catto admitted that because of this detail, the state could not prove a case against Foxworth.

“There is no Good Samaritan law in the state of Florida. He wouldn’t be required to help her,” Catto told Judge Hallman. “I feel badly for the family.”

Osterhout’s father, Richard Chapman, had submitted a written victim impact statement to the court. Judge Hallman read it silently.

“I read this and I know the pain. It is a horrible situation,” Hallman said after he put down the document, which is sealed in the court file.

“Part of this is the folks in Tallahassee made a law and we have to follow the law,” Hallman added.

Chapman, like Foxworth’s parents, has also moved out of The Villages.

There was an indication that Foxworth will be required to make restitution to Osterhout’s family, but no amount was discussed at Monday’s hearing.

In October 2017, Foxworth announced on his personal Facebook page, he was “self employed” working for Golden Considerations Inc., a funeral planning business.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:46 AM
Gold member

Not just in "The Villages". It's a problem everywhere in the country. Very sad indeed.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:39 AM

The extra large waste of space highlighted on the noted online news source caught stealing from a restaurant tip jar is a good example. Multiple arrests for multiple offenses over the years but here he is still continuing the behavior. As has been said this subject has been discussed many times. Still is frustrating though.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Shame Charles Bronson is not around anymore!
Old 03-28-2020, 11:54 AM
Sage

change dead restrictions, parents have to leaveTV, if proved an adult child is a repeat offender
Old 03-28-2020, 01:35 PM

Limit the stay time two 1 month. That should give them enough time to get off their 36 old asses from their parents couch and GET A JOB. Also Mom and Dad STOP ENABLING THEM.
Closed Thread

Tags
parents, children, adult, elderly, living

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.