Crisper's Monthly Meeting

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2016, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would have loved to be with both of you. My back was acting up today and I had to miss.
I was Doctoring. I want to be there for new people the way they were there for us. Our first meeting at Crispers was wonderful. I was bleeding sweat that day...it was rough. We'll be there next month. Take Care. Take Care Mrs Gracie.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I do not think I have been to one of these since my then neighbor just to the South here in Lynnhaven was going too. She passed a few years back. I think of her every time I walk past where she used to live with her husband. This was Donna.
We all miss dear Donna with the beautiful smile.
Donna and KathieI were very close friends.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We all miss dear Donna with the beautiful smile.
Donna and KathieI were very close friends.
Yes. I remember that about those two.

KathieI showed up at Doggie Doo Run Run (DDRR) with her dogs in tow a long time ago. I was very glad and surprised to see her.

I am only going to DDRR rarely now trying to broaden my social horizons so maybe I will run into KathieI some where else.

Beau and I have a lot of exploring to do.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Yes. I remember that about those two.

KathieI showed up at Doggie Doo Run Run (DDRR) with her dogs in tow a long time ago. I was very glad and surprised to see her.

I am only going to DDRR rarely now trying to broaden my social horizons so maybe I will run into KathieI some where else.

Beau and I have a lot of exploring to do.
Is Beau a black lab by any chance?
Old 08-20-2016, 02:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opmoochler View Post
Is Beau a black lab by any chance?
No. He is a surprise. There maybe many Beaus in the Villages though. I have met many Baileys.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
No. He is a surprise. There maybe many Beaus in the Villages though. I have met many Baileys.
I think the Beau we met must be a snowbird since I haven't seen him for quite a while.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:17 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
I do not think I have been to one of these since my then neighbor just to the South here in Lynnhaven was going too. She passed a few years back. I think of her every time I walk past where she used to live with her husband. This was Donna. https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...rs/donna-5624/

Cannot say I remember her husband's name but seem to recall he was/is a helicopter pilot.
Tal, his name was John, he was about 6'4" and Donna was barely 5'3" but they were adorable. Everytime you guys talk about her, I cry a lot. She was my bestie and I moved here for her and then she left me. Fond memories.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Donna  2-29-2008 12-08-54 AM.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	61592   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Donna and Kathie.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	61593   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	P7180070.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	438.6 KB
ID:	61594   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Donna 2 2-29-2008 12-07-40 AM.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	61595  

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Tal, his name was John, he was about 6'4" and Donna was barely 5'3" but they were adorable. Everytime you guys talk about her, I cry a lot. She was my bestie and I moved here for her and then she left me. Fond memories.
Is John still alive?
Old 08-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Everything about Donna was adorable, from her smile to her ponytail! She had a glow about her.
Kathie, I know she was your bestie and I can only imagine how much you miss her.
But we keep her alive in our hearts.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This club was started by TOTV readers more than nine years ago and people who were interested in the name behind the screen name and personality of posters on TOTV began to meet at a restaurant next to Publix on 466 every month called Crispers.. I can't name all of the hostesses over time, but Barefoot was one of the folks at the beginning, Samhass, KathyI, were there.. We have never in my memory ever had anything but pleasant times, never a disagreement. It is on the third Friday of the month at three in the afternoon, and the group usually meets on the outdoor patio.Nametags are provided. It has been so hot, that attendance does drop in the really hot months. Eileeny, who has been to many, many, meetings over time and many with her beloved Skyguy, now gone, will be the hostess today. In the past couple of years, maybe longer Ellen and Don have hosted but they are on vacation so Eileen has graciously stepped in this month. Folks usually get something cold to drink, some have a late lunch or early dinner and we usually sit in a circle and introduce ourselves and a bit about us, and just chat, many times for two or three hours. Very warm group. Anyone who reads TOTV is welcome. It is a different group each month.
Thanks for the recognition Gracie. That is where you and I met and embraced for the first time.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Is John still alive?
Oh sure, he lives up in PA. Donna's daughter, Donna Marie comes to visit the villages periodically. They still own the house in Hadley.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-21-2016, 06:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Oh sure, he lives up in PA. Donna's daughter, Donna Marie comes to visit the villages periodically. They still own the house in Hadley.
That's good to hear. I remember she was doing stuff with ghost hunters up in PA as well as here in the Villages. I mean Donna.

Weird Florida
Old 08-22-2016, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Wish I saw this earlier. I'll have to pay more attention next month.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
don, ellen, invitation, meeting, needed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.