Crossing 441/27 in a cart

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
I see Stonecresters doing it all the time to get to Walmart and Lowes.
Stonecresters don't need to cross the street for Walmart and Lowes, they are on the same side. Also they have 2 electronic gates that open directly to each end of Walmart.

You must be talking about Spruce Creek. They have an approved State crossing at the light in front of their community.

There are no other approved light crossings along that stretch of 441/27,
Old 07-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
I have seen several golf carts driving up Rolling Acres from Recreation Plantation. The limit there is 35 mph. It was frightening to see them in the road with cars since there isn't a cart lane. Is this legal?
IF they are registered, licensed and have ins. they can travel on streets/roads with a 35 mph speed limit. Don't know that I'd want to on Rolling Acres Rd though...especially as you say, without a golf cart lane! It's a bit "hairy" doing it on Buena Vista and Morse but at least they have 2 lanes.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:49 AM
Email Reported As Spam

As pertains to The Villages 441 466 466a have a bridge or tunnels for the expressed purpose of preventing people from crossing those roads...go over or under them but not on them
Old 07-18-2017, 06:03 AM
Veteran member

A golf cart can only travel on roads with a max speed of 30MPH, with a top speed of 19.5MPH
A LSV can go on road marked 35MPH, but can only go 25MPH. Many other restrictions apply.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:09 AM
Gold member
Default If, i recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlhig View Post
Using the search function, I was not able to find a real answer to the question: Other than using the bridge, can you cross over 441/27 at one of the stop lights by a non-street legal cart?
I found a lot of answers, "Why would you want to?" and "You're taking your life in your own hands," etc etc, but what I'd really like is a factual answer (with a link, if possible, also) Thanks!
There have been soooooo many threads on cart issues, speed, insurance etc.
It seems to me-CHECK BEFORE YOU GO-one of the posts said there is a golf cart safety presentation at the Savanna Center the third weds of every month.

If, my memory is right, you may want to ask the people who KNOW.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:19 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
IF they are registered, licensed and have ins. they can travel on streets/roads with a 35 mph speed limit. Don't know that I'd want to on Rolling Acres Rd though...especially as you say, without a golf cart lane! It's a bit "hairy" doing it on Buena Vista and Morse but at least they have 2 lanes.
Not quite accurate. LSVs can travel on roads with a maximum speed limit of 35 mph BUT a municipality can restrict movement (and many do). Lady Lake has flat out refused to allow LSVs to cross Rolling Acres to get to the Best Buy parking lot or to Home Depot or Sam's Club. Fruitland Park and Wildwood both are golf cart communities but still restrict LSV and golf cart movement on several roads and streets. It is important that those who drive LSVs find out exactly where they are permitted to operate, not just where they think they can or should.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Not sure about that, as I recall, there are strict limits on street legal carts, as I recall, they are NOT allowed on or crossing roads with posted speed limits above 35 mile per hour.
incorrect. Street legal carts may cross any road where the speed limit is post above 35 mph as long as the road on the other side is post at 35 mph or lower.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
I have seen several golf carts driving up Rolling Acres from Recreation Plantation. The limit there is 35 mph. It was frightening to see them in the road with cars since there isn't a cart lane. Is this legal?
If they are golf carts, no. If LSV, yes.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:19 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9930 View Post
incorrect. Street legal carts may cross any road where the speed limit is post above 35 mph as long as the road on the other side is post at 35 mph or lower.
That is what I have heard too.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Not quite accurate. LSVs can travel on roads with a maximum speed limit of 35 mph BUT a municipality can restrict movement (and many do). Lady Lake has flat out refused to allow LSVs to cross Rolling Acres to get to the Best Buy parking lot or to Home Depot or Sam's Club. Fruitland Park and Wildwood both are golf cart communities but still restrict LSV and golf cart movement on several roads and streets. It is important that those who drive LSVs find out exactly where they are permitted to operate, not just where they think they can or should.
I have not heard they restricted LSVs. I do know they opposed letting golf carts cross. I would expect restriction signs posted if they banned an LSV and do not see any. I have seen LSV crossing all over that area.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:35 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
I see Stonecresters doing it all the time to get to Walmart and Lowes.
I prefer calling them "Stoners"
Old 07-20-2017, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Looks like a lot of opinions on this. I don't own a LSV, and even if I did I doubt I would cross 441 lest I become practice target of the day.

I would suggest that someone who owns a LSV and crosses these roads check with the appropriate county's sheriff's dept. and get the FACTS.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Copied directly from Lady Lake Muni Code

Authorization to operate low-speed vehicles. Low-speed vehicles may be operated within the Town limits where the posted speed limit is thirty-five (35) miles per hour or less. Pursuant to F.S. § 316.2122(1), this does not prohibit a low-speed vehicle from crossing a road or street at an intersection where the road or street has a posted speed limit of more than thirty-five (35) miles per hour.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Copied directly from Lady Lake Muni Code

Authorization to operate low-speed vehicles. Low-speed vehicles may be operated within the Town limits where the posted speed limit is thirty-five (35) miles per hour or less. Pursuant to F.S. § 316.2122(1), this does not prohibit a low-speed vehicle from crossing a road or street at an intersection where the road or street has a posted speed limit of more than thirty-five (35) miles per hour.
I thought that may be the case as there are no signs in Lady Lake indicating a restriction on LSVs.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD View Post
I prefer calling them "Stoners"
Best canibus in the area!
Closed Thread

Tags
answer, 441/27, cart, hands, taking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.