Is it as crowded as last year

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2015, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholman66 View Post
Have you tried to get a decent tee time lately?? Seems like more people playing golf.
What is decent?
Old 02-14-2015, 07:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I went to Mallory last night at 5:15pm and there was a 45 min wait. Perhaps because it was Valentine's Day. I worry when they build those Villages in Fruitland Park. I am afraid there will be a lot more people in The Villages and there won't be the infrastructure to support it. The town squares and Rec. centers will become more crowded.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:40 PM
Platinum member

//////////

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-14-2015, 07:42 PM

Something decent would be after 7:20am and 5:20pm!!!
Old 02-14-2015, 07:43 PM

Opps, and before 5:20pm,,
Old 02-14-2015, 07:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I went to Mallory last night at 5:15pm and there was a 45 min wait. Perhaps because it was Valentine's Day. I worry when they build those Villages in Fruitland Park. I am afraid there will be a lot more people in The Villages and there won't be the infrastructure to support it. The town squares and Rec. centers will become more crowded.

People have been worrying the same for all of the years I have been reading this forum.

AND it always works out. The developers are the smartest bunch of folks.

AND they are from Michigan. Imagine that!

Go Bucks.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
DH and I worry too. Hubby has been saying the last couple of years that this place is getting too large. Publix in Colony is going to be inundated once again when the Fruitland Park folks begin shopping there.

I surely hope Fruitland Park is the end of the building here. The major roads are going to become a crawl during the height of the season.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Graciegirl -- You make an excellent point. The fact they are from Michigan gives me hope. :-)
Old 02-14-2015, 08:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
//////////
I was thinking the same thing!
Old 02-14-2015, 08:28 PM
Sage

I'm not sure there will be enough execs to go around. The golfers that I met that were here 4 years ago say it was different.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
DH and I worry too. Hubby has been saying the last couple of years that this place is getting too large. Publix in Colony is going to be inundated once again when the Fruitland Park folks begin shopping there.

I surely hope Fruitland Park is the end of the building here. The major roads are going to become a crawl during the height of the season.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I doubt...seriously...that Fruitland Park will be the last of it. But it will all work out. Congestion here is still nothing compared to many other areas. And I don't think it will get significantly worse in our lifetimes.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:55 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholman66 View Post
Something decent would be after 7:20am and 5:20pm!!!
Really, I guess it must be easier for someone playing golf as a single. Hubby has been playing 6 days a week since we got here. 5 execs and one country club round every week always between 8 and 8:45 three times all by himself when he played the country club courses.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:46 PM
KittyKat
Angry

I think it is much worse this year. We must not be going to the same places to eat. Always have to wait at Bob Evans now at 5pm. Went to Oakwood Grill last Wed at 5pm after Mom's hair appt and there was a 55 minute wait!!! Drove down to Leesburg instead. Long wait at Carrabba's. We never eat at the Country Clubs--bad food and too expensive; no salad with meal; too noisy. Can hardly wait until May. Nothing against snowbirds, this place is just too big now.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

When our home was built in 2004 the population was 35,00.
Buena Vista was only open from 466 south to the second traffic circle. Morse did not go to the bridge going South.

Lake Sumter Landing was under construction but not much know about what it was going to be.

Ten years later three times bigger! I won't even attempt to list the retail and restaurants that were not here.

Yes. Bigger. Much, MUCH better.
Said another way we were happy to be here back then......no knowledge of what was to come. Much happier with what TV has become.

The slow season of today is significantly more populated than the busy season of not so many years ago.

Yes TV has evolved to handle the growth.
It may be approaching build out (again), but the commercial and other developments will continue.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I doubt...seriously...that Fruitland Park will be the last of it. But it will all work out. Congestion here is still nothing compared to many other areas. And I don't think it will get significantly worse in our lifetimes.

you might not worry about it, but it is a worry when you have trouble turning into and out of your neighborhood-whether it is on a golf cart or in a car. It is a worry when you are the 14th golf cart on the MMpath, and you can't hardly make a turn onto ST Charles. etc, etc... I think the new restaurants have helped some, but the more popular places still have 1 hr waits. And, I agree that congestion here is not as bad as many places, but that is one of the reasons a lot of people moved here--to get away from congestion. And I think it has already gotten significantly worse in the past 4 years.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.