Crowder Gulf sub-contractors have pulled out of The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
When I saw that FEMA was involved in the pickup equation I thought why? This isn't going to end well as we got off a lot easier than much of Florida and we had a debris removal company already. Economics played a part, I'm sure, but we're back to taking care of ourselves which is our strong point as Villagers.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
This isn't in answer to your post but I just read it on Facebook and it was too good not to share.

All DEBRIS Matters.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Typical.....impatient, inconsiderate and judgemental posts. I guess for some, TV is considered their personal slave organization.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-26-2017, 02:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This isn't in answer to your post but I just read it on Facebook and it was too good not to share.

All DEBRIS Matters.
Maybe before we all tee off tomorrow we take a knee in silent protest over the lack of debris pickup!
Old 09-26-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
My sister sent me a link to an article from **************.com but the website has "imploded" evidently. I can't get on and neither can my sister. This is the headline I copied and pasted from my email.......

FEMA hauler’s subcontractors head south rather than pick up Villages debris | **************.com
Why not? Why should the very rich owners of TV have to resort to FEMA help when far more deserving people need it in many other places
Old 09-26-2017, 03:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Why not? Why should the very rich owners of TV have to resort to FEMA help when far more deserving people need it in many other places
Because we pay taxes too? Most of us are willing to wait because we are nice people, and you are wrong about the very rich people of TV. Most are just ordinary people who worked 16 hour days for many years.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Because we pay taxes too? Most of us are willing to wait because we are nice people, and you are wrong about the very rich people of TV. Most are just ordinary people who worked 16 hour days for many years.
I'm referring to the Morse family that can probably afford it better than FEMA
Old 09-26-2017, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Until your share of the cleanup shows up on your bill.....if you're ok with that then I support that comment, but I somehow believe that if FEMA doesn't help and the residents are asked to contribute the positions here might be slightly different. FEMA makes the rules, FEMA requires the certification, FEMA determines disposal and because of that they reimburse for expenses. TV, I suspect, does not have a budget for hurricanes, so payment needs to come from someplace.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-26-2017, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Until your share of the cleanup shows up on your bill.....if you're ok with that then I support that comment, but I somehow believe that if FEMA doesn't help and the residents are asked to contribute the positions here might be slightly different. FEMA makes the rules, FEMA requires the certification, FEMA determines disposal and because of that they reimburse for expenses. TV, I suspect, does not have a budget for hurricanes, so payment needs to come from someplace.
It's my amenity money that pays the bill. Guess what, we have all contributed. O ****, don't use our money when millions of Americans are in despair in Puerto Rico. Give me a break.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:38 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
But TV had no problem with using amenity fees to defend both the IRS lawsuit and the learning Center lawsuit, which by the way included The Villages of lake -sumter , Inc. Hmmmm
Old 09-26-2017, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
The reason Crowder Gulf pulled out is because they are going where they will be paid more money per cubic foot of debris. It's all about the money and that is the bottom line. It has nothing to do with the need of the area.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

NEWS FLASH!
I just saw and heard on the TV that we (government) are doing a wonderful job in Tx, FL, LA, Al and now PR.
What's to complain about?
Remember that time we heard "Scotty you are doing a great job".........................
Old 09-26-2017, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
16 hour days? I'm not sure that most Villagers worked that many hours. Eight hour days is more the norm, I would say. Maybe some overtime here and there but not double shifts every day.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
The reason Crowder Gulf pulled out is because they are going where they will be paid more money per cubic foot of debris. It's all about the money and that is the bottom line. It has nothing to do with the need of the area.
Wow!
Old 09-26-2017, 03:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
It wasn't Crowder but their sub contractors.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
No, they're going down there because they are being paid double per truckload than what's being paid in Tampa. And I don't know what they were being paid here, but I would think less than in south FL (I'm assuming that's the Keys).

My take (only my opinion): if TV has to pick up all its own debris, the cost will be borne by TV, and any taxes you paid that go to FEMA will now not be helping TV. And for sure the accelerated cost for TV to pick up its own debris will eventually be passed on to us owners. So TV was trying to do the right thing by using FEMA. This isn't their fault, IMO.

But I acknowledge that this is only based on what I read from the district.gov updates that I signed up for online. And the article I read in the Tampa newspaper.

Tags
sister, villages, pasted, email, copied

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.