Crowder Gulf sub-contractors have pulled out of The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2017, 04:35 PM
Sage

The title of this thread is NOT CORRECT. The pace might have slowed - none of us can measure this - but "pulled out" implies that it has stopped.

VCDD e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 9/26/2017

Debris Removal – UPDATED 9/26/2017 5:02 PM

Storm related yard debris removal is continuing throughout The Villages community. All storm related yard debris should be placed curbside on residential property, but not in roadways. Please do NOT place debris in plastic bags. It may be un-bagged or in paper biodegradable bags.

While the storm related debris is collected, normal yard waste collection is suspended. As the storm debris is collected, Districts will begin receiving their normal yard waste collection the following Wednesday.

· Due to the limited amount of debris in Districts 9 and 10, normal yard waste collection will resume Wednesday, September 27th. Should there be large amounts of debris/tree limbs/stumps, they will be left and collected by Crowder-Gulf.

· VCDD Nos. 3 and 4 will resume normal yard waste collection this Wednesday, September 27th as storm debris will be removed from residential properties.

· The collection in VCDD No. 3 is now complete for all residential properties.

· The collection in VCDD No. 4 began on the east side of Buena Vista and residential areas are now substantially complete. Collection is now underway for the portion of VCDD No. 4 on the west side of Buena Vista.

· The collection for VCDD No. 2 will be conducted west to east following the completion of collection in VCDD No. 4.

· The collection in the Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages began September 22nd. Once that area is complete, the contractor will begin work in VCDD No. 1.

· Collection in VCDD Nos. 5 – 8 will begin once all residential areas north of CR 466 are complete.

In addition, please do not take your vegetative debris to postal and recreation centers due to safety concerns.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the District Customer Service Center at (352) 753-4508.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
The title of this thread is NOT CORRECT. The pace might have slowed - none of us can measure this - but "pulled out" implies that it has stopped.

VCDD e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 9/26/2017

Debris Removal – UPDATED 9/26/2017 5:02 PM

Storm related yard debris removal is continuing throughout The Villages community. All storm related yard debris should be placed curbside on residential property, but not in roadways. Please do NOT place debris in plastic bags. It may be un-bagged or in paper biodegradable bags.

While the storm related debris is collected, normal yard waste collection is suspended. As the storm debris is collected, Districts will begin receiving their normal yard waste collection the following Wednesday.

· Due to the limited amount of debris in Districts 9 and 10, normal yard waste collection will resume Wednesday, September 27th. Should there be large amounts of debris/tree limbs/stumps, they will be left and collected by Crowder-Gulf.

· VCDD Nos. 3 and 4 will resume normal yard waste collection this Wednesday, September 27th as storm debris will be removed from residential properties.

· The collection in VCDD No. 3 is now complete for all residential properties.

· The collection in VCDD No. 4 began on the east side of Buena Vista and residential areas are now substantially complete. Collection is now underway for the portion of VCDD No. 4 on the west side of Buena Vista.

· The collection for VCDD No. 2 will be conducted west to east following the completion of collection in VCDD No. 4.

· The collection in the Lady Lake/Lake County portion of The Villages began September 22nd. Once that area is complete, the contractor will begin work in VCDD No. 1.

· Collection in VCDD Nos. 5 – 8 will begin once all residential areas north of CR 466 are complete.

In addition, please do not take your vegetative debris to postal and recreation centers due to safety concerns.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the District Customer Service Center at (352) 753-4508.
I was going to mention this too, but I was afraid I might have missed some piece of information somewhere. My take was that Crowder was having trouble getting enough subcontractors to haul debris. I did not think that Crowder pulled out of TV.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Maybe before we all tee off tomorrow we take a knee in silent protest over the lack of debris pickup!
Or Villagers could get down on TWO knees and thank their higher power that debris removal trucks are not needed in the Villages as seriously as they are needed in all of the hardest hit hurricane areas!

Old 09-26-2017, 04:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Or Villagers could get down on TWO knees and thank their higher power that debris removal trucks are not needed in the Villages as seriously as they are needed in all of the hardest hit hurricane areas!
Clapping to you for this one, nj.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
It wasn't Crowder but their sub contractors.
Yes, that's right. I did read that.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I was going to mention this too, but I was afraid I might have missed some piece of information somewhere. My take was that Crowder was having trouble getting enough subcontractors to haul debris. I did not think that Crowder pulled out of TV.
I am the starter of this thread. I hope this is the case that Crowder-Gulf has not pulled out of The Villages. The name of this thread is directly from the headline from an online TV News source. I have since come to find out that TOTV censors this website so I can't even give the name of the source. I apologize if this information was incorrect. That is what happens when you believe everything that is written on line.

From what my understanding is now is that Crowder-Gulf is trying to get more sub contractors to do the hauling in The Villages. Is that correct?

I edited the title of this thread. Hope that is more accurate information.

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-26-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:07 PM
Sage

The edited title thread does not show up on the main page with all the thread listings but it is changed in the thread itself. I don't know how to change the title on the main page.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,355 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I am the starter of this thread. I hope this is the case that Crowder-Gulf has not pulled out of The Villages. The name of this thread is directly from the headline from an online TV News source. I have since come to find out that TOTV censors this website so I can't even give the name of the source. I apologize if this information was incorrect. That is what happens when you believe everything that is written on line.

From what my understanding is now is that Crowder-Gulf is trying to get more sub contractors to do the hauling in The Villages. Is that correct?

I doubt if they ever stopped trying.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:30 PM
Sage

Quote:

Actually, this was their headline:
FEMA hauler’s subcontractors head south rather than pick up Villages debris

I think your misconception came from the fact that Crowder was not a subcontractor. They were the contractor, who in turn were using subcontractors to help with the hauling. The hauler never pulled out; the subcontractors did, to go south where they would make more money.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Actually, this was their headline:
FEMA hauler’s subcontractors head south rather than pick up Villages debris

I think your misconception came from the fact that Crowder was not a subcontractor. They were the contractor, who in turn were using subcontractors to help with the hauling. The hauler never pulled out; the subcontractors did, to go south where they would make more money.
Thank you for clearing all this up.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:39 PM

Saw several Davey tree service trucks driving in TV today. Maybe they have been hired to help us with the clean-up.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:24 PM
Sage

From The Villages Daily Sun Facebook page:

Piles of storm debris left in Hurricane Irma's wake should be gone from The Villages within three weeks, district officials hope after adding a $2-per-cubic-yard bounty to the cleanup contract Tuesday.
The delays that have frustrated Villagers could last months longer in other parts of Sumter and Lake counties as labor and equipment shortages plague the company paid to do the job. More details in Wednesday's Daily Sun.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
My sister sent me a link to an article from **************.com but the website has "imploded" evidently. I can't get on and neither can my sister. This is the headline I copied and pasted from my email.......

FEMA hauler’s subcontractors head south rather than pick up Villages debris | **************.com
Do I understand that FEMA is paying for the pick up and disposal of tree and plant debris in Villages? Please tell me this is not so that there is some other reason FEMA is mentioned.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
Do I understand that FEMA is paying for the pick up and disposal of tree and plant debris in Villages? Please tell me this is not so that there is some other reason FEMA is mentioned.
Well, this is one of the things FEMA is there for. You pay for FEMA through your tax dollars.

If TV had to pay its haulers all the extra money for the many extra truckloads of debris dumped, you would feel that in your wallet.

I don't get why people are so upset about this.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
According to today's Daily Sun: "The cleanup is overseen by (FEMA), which reimburses local governments for at least 75 percent of the cost."

My opinion is that when Washington designates a Federal Disaster Area, this is one of the factors that becomes effective.
Closed Thread

Tags
sister, villages, pasted, email, copied

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.