Crowler Claw Machinery for Clean Up

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2017, 04:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I'm very interested ... how is that possible?
I see a lot of people dropping there yard stuff and bags at the Bonita Mail station. Didn't think we were supposed to but there's quite a pile now
Old 09-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Threw it in the back of my pickup and dumped it into a big pile.
You drove your pickup to a big pile? Where was it located? Has the District established dump piles for residents?
Old 09-23-2017, 07:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RErmer View Post
I watched the crew cleaner our street with great fascination. The operator was a precision artist with the claw. I couldn't hear any clanking of the claw on anything. And, one of the crew was actually picking up yard waste bags and grouping them together for the claw. No muss, no fuss, no leftover debris. Pretty amazing! Note- I lived in South Flordia for many years and any number of hurricanes, and have never seen cleanup so quickly or smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
They don't want to hear this. They want to grouch.
Hmm, Who is They?
Old 09-23-2017, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Threw it in the back of my pickup and dumped it into a big pile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dumped it where?
Old 09-24-2017, 09:37 AM

did you call the debris removal company to see what day they will be on your street? that way you can be there to move the debris onto the street when the truck is there
Old 09-24-2017, 11:05 AM
Sage

VCDD e-Notification
Subject: Administrative Message - Special Notification to All Newsletter Subscribers
Date: 9/24/2017

Debris at Recreation Facilities

As units of local government, the Village Community Development Districts are eligible for reimbursement from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for storm debris collection resulting from Hurricane Irma. Each of the Districts located in The Villages have a contract in place with a FEMA approved debris hauler, Crowder Gulf, Inc.

Debris collection began for residential properties on Friday, September 15, 2017 and will continue until each residential area has a collection. Please do NOT place your storm debris or regular yard waste debris at any of the recreation centers or postal facilities. Moving debris from your residential property to recreation areas can be a safety hazard and it can impact the normal maintenance and upkeep of the recreation facilities.

We appreciate your cooperation and urge you to contact the District Customer Service Center should you have any questions on storm related debris pick-up or your regular yard waste collection. We can be reached Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (352) 753-4508. For additional information, please visit Village Community Development Districts.
Closed Thread

Tags
debris, claw, yard, driveway, pick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.