thinking of relocating from northern KY. 60 year old divorced man - need help...

Closed Thread
Old 07-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Default thinking of relocating from northern KY. 60 year old divorced man - need help...

from someone to point me in the right direction. was there on vacation about 8 years ago while married - loved it..
Old 07-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Default Re: thinking of relocating from northern KY. 60 year old divorced man - need help...

Dusty,

Did you order the "package" from thevillages.com? It comes with a lot of information on the villages plus a video. That and calling the toll free number on that site would get you in touch with a sales person. They can coordinate a visit to take you around The Villages to see if it's the place for you. Our sales lady's name in Lorraine Anderson. She's a super person or they'll pair you up with someone else.

We live in Colorado now but are waiting until our home sells here before we relocate to the Villages. We have been down twice and fell in love with everything!!!! ;D

Good luck to you and maybe we'll meet sometime down there!
Old 07-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Default Re: thinking of relocating from northern KY. 60 year old divorced man - need help...

Yes I do have the package and video - thanks for asking - good luck to you..
Old 07-05-2007, 05:39 PM

thanks Dusty!
Old 07-06-2007, 05:37 AM

And when you come to the Villages for a visit be sure to bring the packet with you and carry it so it is visable. We then know you are looking and a lot of us Villager will come up, welcome you, and help you in any way we can. This is the greatest place on earth and we love to talk about it. Fair number of folks from Kentucky here!!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 04:23 PM

You might want to consider renting before you buy. It would give you a chance to try a neighborhood and style of home. It would certainly give you some idea of what you might be looking for when you do purchase. Good luck....
Old 07-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Veteran member

Dusty, this is a great place to live either single or partnered. The lifestyle is simply wonderful. So much to do where you can meet other people with similar interests. There are hundreds of clubs of every kind and one for each of the states. You can be as active as you want to be because no one will push you into doing anything you don't want.

I have noticed that there are far more single ladies than gentlemen here simply because, apparently, we ladies live longer!! LOL !!!! There are many single clubs here in different neighborhoods and in the various churches locally.

People are very friendly and won't be strangers to you for very long.

You should check into the Recreation bulletin that is published each Thursday just to see the variety of "things" going on here.

I wish you the best of luck an can tell you, there is no place like this place any other place!!!! :joke:
Old 07-11-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Dancer
You might want to consider renting before you buy. It would give you a chance to try a neighborhood and style of home. It would certainly give you some idea of what you might be looking for when you do purchase. Good luck....
Thanks - great idea. Who do I contact about renting something for a month or two...
Old 07-11-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frangyomory
Dusty, this is a great place to live either single or partnered. The lifestyle is simply wonderful. So much to do where you can meet other people with similar interests. There are hundreds of clubs of every kind and one for each of the states. You can be as active as you want to be because no one will push you into doing anything you don't want.

I have noticed that there are far more single ladies than gentlemen here simply because, apparently, we ladies live longer!! LOL !!!! There are many single clubs here in different neighborhoods and in the various churches locally.

People are very friendly and won't be strangers to you for very long.

Thanks for the reply - House is sold here and my golf leagues are over in September so I'll be looking for something to rent then until I fine a place. Do they have condo's to buy there?

You should check into the Recreation bulletin that is published each Thursday just to see the variety of "things" going on here.

I wish you the best of luck an can tell you, there is no place like this place any other place!!!! :joke:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.