Current roofing costs

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Gold member
Default Current roofing costs

Does anybody have recent estimates from roofing companies to tear off and replace a roof ? I am looking at what the price is coming in at per square (100 sq ft) from some contractors you may have chosen or favor. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Had ours done last year by Sack Roofing..... $225 Sq.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:14 AM

Recent quotes I received from 3 companies were $4.00+ sq. ft.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,879 Times in 2,425 Posts

Roofs? Funny thing I when to renew my insurance and they couldn’t give .2% discount or so cause my roof was over 10 years old, I asked? Are you going to pitch in? I think you know the answer to thatnow I’m going jump up and replace prefectly good roof to get the discount that will take over 10 years to recoup. When and if my roof get damaged they going to prorate it anyway. They also wanted me to replace my prefectly good a/c unit for another .02% discount. Not going to happen till they actually need replaced.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Roofs? Funny thing I when to renew my insurance and they couldn’t give .2% discount or so cause my roof was over 10 years old, I asked? Are you going to pitch in? I think you know the answer to thatnow I’m going jump up and replace prefectly good roof to get the discount that will take over 10 years to recoup. When and if my roof get damaged they going to prorate it anyway. They also wanted me to replace my prefectly good a/c unit for another .02% discount. Not going to happen till they actually need replaced.
Two-tenths of one percent and two one-hundredths of one percent...discounts?

I wouldn't rake a stray leaf...for those amounts.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

We thought our 10 year old asphalt shingle roof was nearing replacement time because it had discolored, had dark streaks and overall a dingy look. After some internet research I came across some articles on roof washing. I was of the opinion only tile roofs had this done. Anyway, for the cost of this as opposed to replacement i'm having my roof washed next Friday. I'll let you know how it comes out....

Ad..."Is your roof looking dirty? Have you noticed black streaks ruining the appearance of your roof? These black streaks are what is called gloeocapsa magma, which is an air borne type of algae that clings to your roof, slowly eating away at your roof, resulting in your roofs lifespan to shorten if left untreated."

Cost is $200 to $400 and supposed to last at least 5 years. There are several companies in the area that do this, it's NOT pressure washing it's no pressure chemical cleaning that is approved by all the major manufacturers of asphalt shingles...
Old 10-14-2018, 08:52 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
We have AAA and after Irma we lost 200 foot of oak kitchen floor, and AAA said our 20yr old roof should be replaced. No proration just my deductible. Got my check 10 days after submitting the paperwork from my roofer "Big D" and my flooring co "Floors R Us". Every thing was back to normal in less than a month. Len & Mary
Old 10-14-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
We thought our 10 year old asphalt shingle roof was nearing replacement time because it had discolored, had dark streaks and overall a dingy look. After some internet research I came across some articles on roof washing. I was of the opinion only tile roofs had this done. Anyway, for the cost of this as opposed to replacement i'm having my roof washed next Friday. I'll let you know how it comes out....

Ad..."Is your roof looking dirty? Have you noticed black streaks ruining the appearance of your roof? These black streaks are what is called gloeocapsa magma, which is an air borne type of algae that clings to your roof, slowly eating away at your roof, resulting in your roofs lifespan to shorten if left untreated."

Cost is $200 to $400 and supposed to last at least 5 years. There are several companies in the area that do this, it's NOT pressure washing it's no pressure chemical cleaning that is approved by all the major manufacturers of asphalt shingles...
Use "wet and forget" ,kills algae. Safe on all products. Also comes in power shot applicator, goes 30' up. No more black streaks, algae, litchen. Gone but not overnight. Even used on awning.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Veteran member

We had a neighbor use something like " wet and forget" and his roof came out very streaky, but it did clean the areas that got the correct application...for the money i'll let someone else do it and get the guarantee...We will see......
Old 10-14-2018, 01:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

///

Last edited by thelegges; 10-14-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

Highly recommend John McIntyre maintenance ( 352 751-2325 )
if your asphalt shingle roof needs cleaning.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	roof before washing.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	76967   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	roof after washing.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	76968  
Closed Thread

Tags
roofing, square, coming, contractors, favor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.