cutting cable

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2015, 11:05 AM
Gold member
Default cutting cable

going to try using only Roku, Netflix, and Amazon Prime so tired of paying so much for all those channels I never watch. If it doesn't work out, I figure Comcast will start sending me "we want you back" deals eventually.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Platinum member

We "cut the cord" a few years ago and use Roku boxes for Netflix and Hulu+ (and a bunch of other Roku channels). We also pull in stations from Orlando with an over-the-air antenna. Works well for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
going to try using only Roku, Netflix, and Amazon Prime so tired of paying so much for all those channels I never watch. If it doesn't work out, I figure Comcast will start sending me "we want you back" deals eventually.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Sage

Being a sports addict, I need cable television for all of it's channels.

I still will take the best deal as I think all cable companies are raking us over the coals in terms of their charges and their wonderful customer service. NOT

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-19-2015, 01:12 PM

Today roku.com has a special for Sling TV so you don't lose channels..and other benefits..$20 mo. You still need hi speed internet but no more expensive cable or satellite TV. It sounds good unless we are missing something!
Old 02-19-2015, 03:57 PM
Gold member

my other thought is that if I do go to another company for tv eventually, I will be getting the most up to date equipment--they seem to offer that to new customers. my comcast stuff was so outdated and beginning to get buggy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.