CYV Parking

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Default CYV Parking

Deed restrictions in CYV's only allow parking in garages, driveways or visitor parking areas. However, there are lots of cars parked in the dead-end streets, blocking delivery vehicles & the emergency access gates. Also, residents park in the visitor parking areas. Any thoughts on how to get TV to enforce the restrictions?
CLOD
Old 09-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Veteran member
Default Have double car garages

Quote:
Originally Posted by clod View Post
Deed restrictions in CYV's only allow parking in garages, driveways or visitor parking areas. However, there are lots of cars parked in the dead-end streets, blocking delivery vehicles & the emergency access gates. Also, residents park in the visitor parking areas. Any thoughts on how to get TV to enforce the restrictions?
CLOD
I just do not understand why they didn't build them that way. There are a few around but not many. JJ
Old 09-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
I just do not understand why they didn't build them that way. There are a few around but not many. JJ
HUH?
Old 09-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Veteran member
Default huh??build CYV with small garages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooper View Post
HUH?
I think the parking in the driveway issue for CYVs is because the fast majority of CYVs are built with small 1.5 car garages. There are a very few with two car garages. It seems to me retired people may have some things to store and toys to buy.. bikes, motorcycles, kayaks and canoes, maybe two ladders, tool box, bench, lawn mower even for small yards, and with small garages, it forces people to park their cars and sometimes their golf carts in the driveway. The villages are beautiful but cars left outside in driveways detracts from the beauty in my opinion.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
I think the parking in the driveway issue for CYVs is because the fast majority of CYVs are built with small 1.5 car garages. There are a very few with two car garages. It seems to me retired people may have some things to store and toys to buy.. bikes, motorcycles, kayaks and canoes, maybe two ladders, tool box, bench, lawn mower even for small yards, and with small garages, it forces people to park their cars and sometimes their golf carts in the driveway. The villages are beautiful but cars left outside in driveways detracts from the beauty in my opinion.
Are you talking about the beauty of a row of closely spaced homes all the same color? In MY opinion the occasional car in the driveway breaks up the monotony of the view. I guess that is why they say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is a good thing us residents do not decide what looks good or not because no one would like my idea of it.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Glad my car detracts from your vision of beauty.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelZ View Post
The only thing wrong with your car Mel is that it's yours and not mine. What a beauty!
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 09-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Veteran member
Default I was not just referring to the CYV.. but

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelZ View Post
Boy this place is tough.
I was not just referring to the CYVs but I do have a problem. I would prefer a CYV but I want a big garage. What's a boy with toys to do. JJ
Old 09-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Rules are rules, I agree people shouldn't park wherever they damn well please.

Contact the Deed Compliance Office with VCCD. They'll come out, issue a *ticket* and if you see repeat violations, call 'em again and they'll talk to the people.
There's a hard copy form, or an email one.

There is another link/discussion on this somewhere in TOTV.
I'm sorry I don't have it right at hand.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...standards.aspx

go there, then click on "deed compliance"
Old 09-05-2010, 04:15 PM

Thanks, will give it a try.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
Rules are rules, I agree people shouldn't park wherever they damn well please.

Contact the Deed Compliance Office with VCCD. They'll come out, issue a *ticket* and if you see repeat violations, call 'em again and they'll talk to the people.
There's a hard copy form, or an email one.

There is another link/discussion on this somewhere in TOTV.
I'm sorry I don't have it right at hand.
How would Deed Compliance know who to ticket? Run the plate number? How about out of state registrations? The vehicles may not even belong to a TV resident. Even if they are residents I don't know how the vehicle owner can be identified.
It's a good idea but I don't think it's workable.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
How would Deed Compliance know who to ticket? Run the plate number? How about out of state registrations? The vehicles may not even belong to a TV resident. Even if they are residents I don't know how the vehicle owner can be identified.
It's a good idea but I don't think it's workable.
Village Watch told me they check license plates in CYV guest parking lots. If a vehicle parks there for more than a few days, they investigate! So that residents don't use the guest parking for their own second vehicle.

Perhaps they rely on disgruntled neighbors for their info.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:37 PM

According to the Deed Compliance Office, no one is allowed to park on the street or at the "dead End" areas at the end of the street where the Court Yard Villages are. This is because the streets are more narrow than other streets in TV. The Deed Compliance Office will investigate and ticket cars not complying with existing covenant.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Quote:
Boy this place is tough.
I was not just referring to the CYVs but I do have a problem. I would prefer a CYV but I want a big garage. What's a boy with toys to do. JJ
JimJoe,

The CYV known as Tierra Grande all have 2-car garages. Some of those villas are even 2-stories. There always seems to be one for sale, too! Keep your eye on them -- they go quickly. They are located on Palo Alto Drive.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.