The Daily Sun

The Daily Sun

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 12:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
For me, the term fake news refers to news sources trying to pass themselves off as unbiased journalists. Often...even when basic facts of a story may be true to one degree or another...the “journalism” in presenting the story is anything but unbiased.

Sources trying to pass themselves off as unbiased journalists is rampant. I believe, to many, that is the meaning of the term fake news. And it’s everywhere every day.
AGAIN......example PLEASE

The term seems to be reserved for opinion pieces or something that someone does not like.

HOWEVER, saying a legitimate new source or newspaper MADE UP NEWS or faked news is a very very serious charge

Old 09-15-2019, 12:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
AGAIN......example PLEASE

The term seems to be reserved for opinion pieces or something that someone does not like.

HOWEVER, saying a legitimate new source or newspaper MADE UP NEWS or faked news is a very very serious charge
Covington Catholic..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2019, 12:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Covington Catholic..
ALMOST fair.....I assume that you have read the "results" of the lawsuits filed....to my knowledge they wereL ALL dismissed by the court.

i will agree that the initial reporting was a bit aggressive by some but all that did that reporting have explained, apologized or what needed to be done almost immediately. I read all the reports and followed it pretty closely especially the lawsuits

AND AGAIN...it was never FAKE NEWS......Legitimate news sources will always acknowledge anything reported wrongly and if it was a mistake, will "own up" immediately. I suggest you read the accusations and responses to such. especially in the lawsuit
Old 09-15-2019, 12:25 PM
Sage

I am desperatrly trying to stay on topic but since I keep asking folks to provide some link or back up...I offer this on Covington and the quotes are from legal documents

"The suit claimed there were "no less than six false and defamatory articles" in the newspaper about the encounter, which had gone viral almost immediately.

In his 36-page ruling, U.S. District Judge William Bertelsman examined each of the 33 statements in question and found none of them to be defamatory and the vast majority to be quoting opinion, which is protected free speech."

Judge dismisses Covington Catholic student's suit against Washington Post | NCR
Old 09-15-2019, 12:42 PM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA, ID and finally FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
AGAIN.....would you provide example PLEASE. NEWS that was purposely faked. I would be interested as we use that term, at least it appears so, to apply to news we do not like.....but true
CNN controversies - Wikipedia

The 7 Worst Examples of Fake News From the Mainstream Media

Duke lacrosse case - Wikipedia

The Washington Post - Wikipedia

The New York Times - Wikipedia

19 'Hate Crimes' in Trump Era That Were Hoaxes, Complicated

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 09-15-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:02 PM
TOTV Moderator

We have long since lost the intent of the original thread which is how the Daily Sun is viewed as a news source. Thread has devolved into a personal and political discussion.

Thread closed...after cleanup of off topic and political posts.

Closed Thread

Tags
sun, daily, start, found, reported