Daily Sun Digital

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2021, 03:48 PM
Default Daily Sun Digital

So how can we get the Daily Sun to join 2021 and offer a real digital subscription like the Orlando Sentinel.
Old 09-22-2021, 08:38 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,083 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
So how can we get the Daily Sun to join 2021 and offer a real digital subscription like the Orlando Sentinel.
Although I don't read it every day, I enjoy the paper. Your question made to check their web page:

Trusted Villages, FL, news & more | The Villages Daily Sun | Trusted Villages, FL, news, weather, events, and more.

It looks to me like most of the current content is there for free, except I can't seem to find the funnies. The main thing that's missing as far as I'm concerned is experience of holding a paper.

On the other hand, it bugs me how fast all that paper stacks up between trash days. I'm not a big ecology nut, but the waste does bother me. When I was a kid, we used to stack them in the basement and then run the stack down to the paper's recycling operation a couple of times a year, where they paid a few cents per pound. When did newspapers quit doing that? Are trees cheaper today than they were in the 50's, or did the fake recycling that cities do nowadays ruin the real recycling that newspapers use to do?
Closed Thread

Tags
daily, digital, sun, orlando, subscription

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.