Darlin's Sweet Shoppe

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2022, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I went today. Had a slice of carrot cake. It was delicious, very moist, with a cream cheese frosting (which is really the only correct frosting to have on a carrot cake).

It was also way too small for the $8+ they charged for the slice. A terrific treat, but not something I'd do again. Winn Dixie also makes a delicious moist cream-cheese-frosted carrot cake, and it's only $4 for the same sized slice.
Cody's sells a slice of "mile high" carrot cake and they sell it for $8. The slice is HUGE and I honestly think Cody's carrot cake is better than Publix's carrot cake. Cody's cake is so much more moist than Publix. If you like carrot cake, it would be worth your while to try Cody's. You don't even have to dine in; just order the slice to go.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

For those who are freaked out about supplying a email, one can beat the fear, have always had a email created just for crap emails. So if a business, wants an email I use that account, I don’t monitor it. Once a month I delete all emails without reading, so those business who sell info gets them no where for me.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Cody's sells a slice of "mile high" carrot cake and they sell it for $8. The slice is HUGE and I honestly think Cody's carrot cake is better than Publix's carrot cake. Cody's cake is so much more moist than Publix. If you like carrot cake, it would be worth your while to try Cody's. You don't even have to dine in; just order the slice to go.
Been to cody's in LSL and service the worst we have ever seen. Rarely complain about a business but this one was off the charts terrible.
Old 08-08-2022, 10:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,512 Times in 3,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Publix's carrot cake isn't impressive, I wouldn't compare anything to their carrot cake with regards to "quality." They make awesome breads and various delicious confections (their chocolate fudge layer cake is to die for).
Old 08-08-2022, 11:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Assume you go there for a cookie. They give you a cookie and you take a bite out of it. They say it costs $3 and you offer them $3 in cash. Do they have to accept it?

On my money it says something like "legal tender for all debts". Does that mean the business owner has to accept the cash or can they call the police and have me arrested for stealing the cookie?
Even Disney is cashless now. It is easier, quicker and they don’t have to teach their employees to count change.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:28 AM
Sage

So at this point is this good free publicity or bad?
Old 09-08-2022, 06:56 PM
Default Darlin's Disappointment

I couldn't wait to go to Darlin's to try their desserts and hoped the online reviews weren't correct. Instead, the experience was a disappointment.
The smallest cookies and least expensive cookies are $3 which was ok as long as it was good. I made sure to ask which cookies were baked that day. The worker said only two flavors were baked that day, including the chocolate chip cookie. I chose it and it was dry. So dry that I didn't eat it. I asked if the the cakes and pies were made there and was told no. I didn't ask how old they were nor did I try them.
I paid with my credit card since they don't accept cash and told the worker that some people would like to pay cash. She Interrupted me and told me the owner already heard. Maybe it was an odd day but neither workers smiled throughout the entire transaction nor thanked me at the end. Hopefully someone else has a better experience.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:42 PM
Sage

Wonder how long before the owner figures out she has no choice but to either make changes or close?
Old 09-08-2022, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,667 Times in 1,504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
So I went to Books-A-Million in Leesburg Mall and had a caramel coffee and one cookie for 7:50 plus a dollar tip which they insisted upon and tax so they'll total became practically $10. It's really a crazy world today
A dollar tip that they insisted upon?? In what way did they try to intimidate you?
I am not doubting you, I'm just curious as to the tactics used when demanding money but calling it a tip. Weird stuff happens all the time.
Closed Thread

Tags
sweet, darlins, wife, shoppe, cookie

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.