Dashcam video I took on Friday driving on Buena Vista

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2015, 08:22 PM

Thank you for going to the trouble to put that on Youtube so we can all see it. Good job.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I installed a dashcam in my car last week. It automatically turns on when you start your engine and runs the entire time and makes an 8 hour loop. Just yesterday, we were headed north on Buena Vista and when we reached the Stillwater roundabout a couple of drivers in front of us decided they would make up their own rules. I pulled out about 2 minutes of video from the trip and put some music behind it and downloaded it to Youtube. If you want to see it, just click on the link below.

About 45 seconds in, keep your eye on the white convertible in the right lane and then the white van straight ahead.

https://youtu.be/VNUrsIcSSZU
Nice footage, thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Either idiots or people who are not from around here. I just had some take the third exit off the round about from the right hand lane while I was in the left hand lane beside her. Good thing I was paying attention. Even with that I almost hit her and the the behind me had to slam on his brakes.

I think that I've decided that the safest thing to do is to stay in the right hand lane unless you intend to take the third exit.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:47 PM
Gold member

Why doyou record your travels?
Old 03-21-2015, 10:23 PM

Yes, I was wondering the same thing? Just curious about why you would want to record. Actually, would come in real handy should you have an accident.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
I installed a dashcam in my car last week. It automatically turns on when you start your engine and runs the entire time and makes an 8 hour loop. Just yesterday, we were headed north on Buena Vista and when we reached the Stillwater roundabout a couple of drivers in front of us decided they would make up their own rules. I pulled out about 2 minutes of video from the trip and put some music behind it and downloaded it to Youtube. If you want to see it, just click on the link below.

About 45 seconds in, keep your eye on the white convertible in the right lane and then the white van straight ahead.

That pretty much sums it up doesn't it....and with one word I say "YIKES"!!!!
Old 03-22-2015, 03:10 AM
Gold member

More like a couple of drivers were "confused".
Old 03-22-2015, 05:33 AM
Sage

The bad part is that it also records all of the drivers cursing as well.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:10 AM

Nothing surprises me at a roundabout anymore. I just assume everyone else has the rightaway, and keep aware of all vehicles around the area. I sometimes wish my neck could do a 360!
Old 03-22-2015, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It is almost April. Continue to drive as if everyone else is crazy, because they are. There will be less traffic soon and many of the folks brand new to circles will go home. I want you all to be here once the high season is over.

Great webcam John. Thank you so much.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:06 AM
Gold member

Dash cams are typically used to prove you innocent in a crash. I suppose that if you cause the crash, then the video is erased.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:22 AM
Veteran member

I drive like I am invisible, cause I believe the other drivers can't see me !! I don't think I ever go out in the car and not have someone pull right out in front of me !!! it is unreal..and scary.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:

Boy this would be a great idea for parents with new teen drivers. Nanny cam "accidentally" off - no keys.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

On our second visit here (we were still trying to find a house) we were headed south on Buena Vista from Old Mill Run, we had just cleared the round about and were in the merge left area, when a car from the bypass lane did a U TURN in front of us to get back to the circle. They stopped, we missed them, and we still bought a house!!! Every time we go through that area I look for someone making a U turn.

Jaggy, I drive a bright red convertible, with daytime running lights, and I have determined that this combination is completely invisible. I know this because the fire department regularly makes the same complaints.

Best to drive very defensively.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:44 AM
Gold member

I am glad the white convertible was not a Corvette. That would be embarrassing.

When I am in a circle I am really paying close attention to the other cars and ready to move or break in a split second. What are people thinking about when they are driving.
God forbid they should have to around the circle again.

So we all want to know the scoop on the type of camera you bought and where you got it.
The video looks very good. Was it a GoPro?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.