Dear Villages Leadership

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2020, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandB View Post
We found a cure for the golf cart concerns south of 44. Now keep in mind were non golfers so the GC would be strickly for shopping, visiting friends, Town Center visits, ect.
Ok here it is are you ready "DON'T BUY A GOLF CART"

Building new home with GC garage that will sit empty till the access to north of 44 is a reality not current "who knows" The other nice thing about The Villages many seem to not consider is you can go anyplace by car in 10-15 min. Granted its not as enjoyable as use of GC but you can do it.

We rented for 2 months in Oceola Hills last year (Aug-Sept) and went every place by GC. It was great fun and easy way to get around we hardly used our car.

We still bought in Monarch Grove knowing there is no connection between north and south other than info given by the sales hype of "bridges by mid to 2020" . Are we dissapointed the reality does not match the hype..of course but hey life does go on and we will survive the wait.

In the mean time the his and hers golf carts will be put on hold till we can actually use them like we did last year. On the bright side we now will have a nice big area for storage with its own mini garage door....like having a rental storage unit on site..lol

We will just pop the top and use car till it makes sence to buy and use GC.

Happy trails yall and don't sweat the little things but be greatful for what you have.
The 441/27 corridor of retail store and restaurants, medical facilities and TV Regional hospital is further than that. Sorry. So glad to be living within 10 minutes of the corridor. But.....to each his own. South of 44 is more lovely and out doorsy than north of 44.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The 441/27 corridor of retail store and restaurants, medical facilities and TV Regional hospital is further than that. Sorry. So glad to be living within 10 minutes of the corridor. But.....to each his own. South of 44 is more lovely and out doorsy than north of 44.
Actually with the addition of the two emergency centers, Brownwood Specialty Center (opening soon), three care centers, urgent care and the UF Leesburg Hospital medical facilitates are now better and closer down this way. There is also shopping and eating on 441/27 south which can be reached in 15 minutes or so. I suspect in a few years, there will be a"corridor" down here that will be competing with the "corridor" up there Below 44 has a nice vibe but I contribute that to the focus on outdoorsy and a more active and younger demo.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-23-2020, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

I would appeal to The Villages Leadership to place a Wegman's, Costco, Trader Joes, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, TopGolf, Walmart Neighborhood Market, Turnpike Entrance/Exit off of Buena Vista Boulevard within 20 feet of the Hillsborough gate. In addition, I would also like a daily Farmer's Market within 20' of my home. That being said, I don't want any additional vehicular traffic affecting my neighborhood. Thank you!
Old 02-23-2020, 06:05 PM

Thank you for giving us the best retirement community in the US. My taxes are less, I have a nicer home, I will probably live longer with all the activities, I do not touch a snow shovel and we have made some fantastic friends. Ignore the gripers. Keep going as planned. We all owe you a big thanks.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Sometimes, things don't go as planned.
Sometimes, completion dates are over optimistic.
Sometimes, planners and developers meet up with delays with permits from county or state etc.
Sometimes, developers are a litte shy with the truth.
Sometimes, shortage of craftsmen is a problem.
Sometimes developers are assett rich, but cash poor.

Probaly among all the sometimes, are the facts.
One thing for sure, all that was promised will arrive. Sometime!!
We don't live down yonder yet. We hope to be busting a move to the other side about a year from now. I will accept the shortcoming that everyone speaks of because I know that in the end everything will work out just fine as it always does.

Two Bills hit the Nail On The Head in the 2nd post on this thread. The Villages needs approval from agencies that no matter what The Villages Worst CRITIC of the Developer says is NOT under their control. That causes delays. Speculation gets everyone juiced up. Chill out GrassHopper, The Dream Bridge will appear in exactly the time it takes. NOT ON YOUR SCHEDULE OR THE SCHEDULE PROMISED TO YOU!

Maybe the DOT wants a center support on the Turnpike Bridge? More Speculation! Chill, its gonna happen.

If anyone is stuck in the new section without food, water or in need of medical help call us up north we'll come down and save you!
Old 02-23-2020, 06:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

What rocket scientist came up with the name Chitty Chatty. Did they poll the 3rd graders?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-23-2020, 06:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
What rocket scientist came up with the name Chitty Chatty. Did they poll the 3rd graders?
Named after the Creek
Old 02-23-2020, 08:04 PM

Well my mistake, next time that’s what I’ll do but I made the mistake of selling my home north as “ by x- mas you’ll be able to go any where you want.. that was in Early April. I guess that we could have a x mas in June but I may be June 2022. Not so sure that flys as far as why the should tell us something bill , the told us wrong and wrong is wrong in my book, guessing you live north of 44.... working on 4 years in the villages and things are great but there but not as we were told.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqtlow View Post
Well my mistake, next time that’s what I’ll do but I made the mistake of selling my home north as “ by x- mas you’ll be able to go any where you want.. that was in Early April. I guess that we could have a x mas in June but I may be June 2022. Not so sure that flys as far as why the should tell us something bill , the told us wrong and wrong is wrong in my book, guessing you live north of 44.... working on 4 years in the villages and things are great but there but not as we were told.
Was the Kool-aid delicious? I've been here 5 and while a little behind, everything we were told is now here.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-23-2020, 08:28 PM
Veteran member
Cool Chitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Maybe they had an employee contest. Second place winner was Boaty McBoatface.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqtlow View Post
But if you are so unhappy you can move. People do it everyday in TV. We are in house #3, and it may not be the last. We are looking at chitty chatty. More tranquil environment, less shopping, cart paths
Old 02-23-2020, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
But if you are so unhappy you can move. People do it everyday in TV. We are in house #3, and it may not be the last. We are looking at chitty chatty. More tranquil environment, less shopping, cart paths
Some people sink a hefty chunk of their retirement savings into their retirement home. Some people would LOVE to move to a different part of the Villages. Perhaps you can start the line of those willing to donate to the cause.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Villagers take projections as promises. Not sure why you think the "owe" us anything other than projections. I assume, they assume, that we are adults and understand how construction can change, how regulatory bodies can impact schedules and how "business's" choose markets and make determinations based on revenue where they will put their stores. You bought into a dynamic community, one that will ebb and flow until you sections is built out. It might be difficult for you but the Developer owes you nothing and it is their business to manage.
Great reply, totally misses the point! Chitty Chatty and Bradford will have full golf cart connectivity to ALL the amenities (championship golf, dining, shopping, BROWNWOOD) almost immediately upon purchase, when the “original” villages south of 44, that are ALMOST COMPLETE having none of this all sold on FALSE PROMISES! Yes, promises (read the sales information from the period)!
Old 02-23-2020, 11:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,071 Times in 2,743 Posts

Since the title of this thread is dear villages leadership, can I add my wish to the list? Please build more Championship golf🙏
Old 02-24-2020, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

Admittedly purely anecdotal, but all my buddies who have looked for jobs in TV (set up/take down for events, event security, golf ambassadors, Etc.) have told me...that the pay was extremely low.

I also recall most of them saying that a lot of the jobs...WERE minimum wage.

Which was $8.46 per hour until this year, when it shot all the way up...to $8.56 per hour.

But hey, maybe for the highly technical and intellectually demanding position of perusing all media/internet sources on a daily basis, that discuss TV or Da Family...the pay might even get all the way up to $10.01 per hour.

There is no shame in working, even for low pay. Many do it here.

Keeping costs low is how you curb inflation, generally and I doubt that someone as smart as the Morses must be would hire someone to feel the pulse of The Villages. They have many, many, relatives out working here in The Villages and not in cushy jobs either.

Tags
sell, villages, store, cart, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.