Dear Villages Leadership

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2020, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
To get from the northernmost end of Buena Vista to Red Fox Executive Golf Course is approximately 35 minutes by car. You can take 301 instead and shave off 14 minutes if traffic is light.

By golf cart it takes - never mind. You can't get there by golf cart. If there was connectivity, however, it would take approximately 2 hours to get there by golf cart.
And........that is one way!
Old 02-26-2020, 11:23 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlNads View Post
I have talked to dozens of people who are not happy, there have to be hundreds of people south of 44 who are not happy with the connectivity/plaza delays.

I was told in May 2019 that by January 2020, it was documented in the sales map. When deciding between 2 houses my realtor said: "what is 6 months", the short amount of time for connectivity was one of the factors in my decision.

There is one way to get the attention of the developer, and that would be a class-action lawsuit. A quick google shows many successful lawsuits against developers for failing to deliver promised amenities.

Any semi-retired lawyers out there?
If you're going to have a class-action lawsuit I'm assuming you have something from The Villages in writing that states when the bridge would be built.

This is something that was posted on NextDoor today:

I just had a conversation with DOT regarding the rumors about the "bridge" and the widening of the Turnpike. There is NOT any plans to widen the Turnpike.
DOT is working on final approval for the bridge to make sure that all required standards are in place and then construction will begin on the final work in late spring or early summer of this year.

I don't know what is true... but if this post is accurate The Developer is working with the DOT to put a bridge over the Turnpike. The DOT is reviewing... which is why the bridge is not being built.

Did everyone who is speculating about the bridge on this post do any research, like call the DOT, to find out the facts? You know... make a phone call? Or are you just speculating, suggesting a lawsuit, demanding information... stamping your feet?
Old 02-27-2020, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I feel the pain of everyone who wants that Bridge Today. I would probably be in alignment with you if we were living with you lucky people down south.

IF in fact the final approvals have not been given there is not much more that can be done until they are in hand. Keep the Faith. Once you get the Bridge you will

probably wish for the old days cause you are going to have a whole lot of company from everybody up yonder.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
If you're going to have a class-action lawsuit I'm assuming you have something from The Villages in writing that states when the bridge would be built.

I just had a conversation with DOT regarding the rumors about the "bridge" and the widening of the Turnpike. There is NOT any plans to widen the Turnpike.
DOT is working on final approval for the bridge to make sure that all required standards are in place and then construction will begin on the final work in late spring or early summer of this year.

I don't know what is true... but if this post is accurate The Developer is working with the DOT to put a bridge over the Turnpike. The DOT is reviewing... which is why the bridge is not being built.

Did everyone who is speculating about the bridge on this post do any research, like call the DOT, to find out the facts? You know... make a phone call? Or are you just speculating, suggesting a lawsuit, demanding information... stamping your feet?
Thank you for the factual report. Sadly the whining will continue.
Old 02-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Dear Villages Leadership,

Thank You.

dewilson58
Old 02-28-2020, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Do you really think "The Villages Leadership" reads TOTV?
Word by word
Old 02-28-2020, 12:52 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

Article in the Sun addressing the newest bridge and giving a new estimate for completion of the 3 previously planned. Coincidence? Maybe or maybe not.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 02-28-2020, 01:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Article in the Sun addressing the newest bridge and giving a new estimate for completion of the 3 previously planned. Coincidence? Maybe or maybe not.
I wondered the same thing -- did they read TOTV? I started a new thread to discuss the DS article: Connectivity Details Revealed
Old 03-01-2020, 12:26 PM

Lets get together and march on thew main office [SET A DATE] or get a Petition going !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2020, 12:32 PM

In Jamaica mon, we have a ol' sayin, "Soon come"......
Old 03-01-2020, 12:47 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeennyy View Post
Lets get together and march on thew main office [SET A DATE] or get a Petition going !!!!!!!!!!!!

And burn our bras.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Word by word

Pretty much do not believe they read any of the nonsense that comes out of most of these forums.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post

Un uh, you did not just put out some logical facts. Go to the corner, you are in time out for the rest of this forum. You can come back when you learn how to post outlandish, destructive, derogatory, blame the developer or crooked commissioners post.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeennyy View Post
Now where did I put my pitch fork?
Old 03-02-2020, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Wonder why Chitty Chatty and Bradford weren't first in the expansion. Then work south completing infrastructure and connectivity as you go.
It was my understanding (back when I was doing my due-diligence before buying) that when The Villages developers took over the development of the area of what is now called The Village of Fenney, it was already approved and ready for development. I can’t recall the original name, but it wasn’t “Fenney”. In any event, they clearly made a decision to continue to develop and that area was the quickest to market.

lt
-Tom Robbins
Closed Thread

Tags
sell, villages, store, cart, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.