Dear Villages Leadership

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2020, 04:15 PM

I would advise anyone ask me about by here down South to ask for promises related to infrastructure and connectivity in writing. And that's what we should be doing. Rather that complaining we should be warning new potential residents. If they start losing home sales in Chitty Chatty and other new areas because of this the problem will miraculous be solved.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithDB View Post
I would advise anyone ask me about by here down South to ask for promises related to infrastructure and connectivity in writing. And that's what we should be doing. Rather that complaining we should be warning new potential residents. If they start losing home sales in Chitty Chatty and other new areas because of this the problem will miraculous be solved.
Careful what you wish for, could the value of your house go down with your little protest?
It will only move as fast as the permitting will allow……….
Did you miss post #107?
Old 03-02-2020, 04:53 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
They won't be losing home sales in Chitty Chatty, 39 lots sold the first day it was opened, that is one village that will sell out fast, no turnpike, close to shopping, closer to Brownwood than the other villages south of 44, it will be the first to have golf car connectivity, close to Rohan and Everglades Rec. Centers, close to Leesburg Hospital, the only thing it doesn't have is natural gas.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Careful what you wish for, could the value of your house go down with your little protest?
It will only move as fast as the permitting will allow……….
Did you miss post #107?
Continued lack of development and infrastructure down here is a far greater threat to the value of my home. I will advise those who ask me about buying down here as I suggested. The lack of commitment by The Villages leadership to the development of infrastructure and connectivity down here is self apparent and I will make them pay for it in any way I can.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Continued lack of development and infrastructure down here is a far greater threat to the value of my home. I will advise those who ask me about buying down here as I suggested. The lack of commitment by The Villages leadership to the development of infrastructure and connectivity down here is self apparent and I will make them pay for it in any way I can.
I cannot see the fuss about connectivity. All The Villages have always been connected.
The newer area just not by golf cart. Yet!
As previously pointed out, read post #107
Old 03-03-2020, 08:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
The main takeaway from your post that any reasonable person should agree with is this: The developer owes updated and reliable information to the residents. They were quick to publish optimistic anticipated times in their sales literature and should correct it now that those estimates are long past.
Actually, the privately owned developer, once he has delivered the title to your home, owes you absolutely nothing.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I cannot see the fuss about connectivity. All The Villages have always been connected.

By that criteria, we're also "connected" to Antarctica..."just not by golf cart. Yet!"
Old 03-03-2020, 01:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
By that criteria, we're also "connected" to Antarctica..."just not by golf cart. Yet!"
Only if Google says so!
Old 03-03-2020, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Only if Google says so!
Well, it looks like Google Maps says we're...outta luck.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Antarctica.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	83074  
Old 03-03-2020, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

The golf car issue in today's Villages magazine can always be saved for future reference.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwick2112@yahoo.com View Post
Fenney broke ground three years ago with the promise that soon there would be infrastructure and two bridges connecting us on the South side of SR 44 to Brownwood and golf cart assessable activities. Since then, over 1,500 homes have been built, new ones pop up daily, Magnolia Plaza continues to be a waste land, no infrastructure other than cart paths that go in circles, no grocery store, no drug store, only one small restaurant that holds maybe 150 people (although the food is good) and no truthful or published response from The Villages Leadership or Family about when these promises will be addressed. Can't someone publish a schedule about when construction will commence. Why is it so hard to be truthful and honest with Villagers south of SR 44? My perception, the family's focus is on getting Chitty Chatty ready to build houses so they can sell, sell, sell, sell and reap profits. Why else would the second bridge over SR 44 be the focal point? Hey, don't forget about us down in the Fenney, McClure, Isles, Marsh Bend and Deluna areas. We bought on a promise, now will someone deliver?
You’re one day closer to these infrastructure improvements being in place than you were yesterday. (Hope that helps)
Old 03-04-2020, 06:42 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwick2112@yahoo.com View Post
We bought on a promise
who promised??
he/she actually said, i promise??...........or was "planned".
what was your due diligence??
Old 03-04-2020, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Connectivity refers to golf cart connectivity, not automotive vehicles.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfan View Post
You’re one day closer to these infrastructure improvements being in place than you were yesterday. (Hope that helps)
It does not help. Today was another day when nothing was done with Magnolia Plaza. Yesterday was another day when nothing was done. This week was another week when nothing was done. Last week was another week when nothing was done. This month was another month when nothing was done. Last month was another month when nothing was done.

The crickets have been chirping in Magnolia Plaza for the better part of half a year now. Half a freaking year! If the ball is not rolling, it's not getting closer to anything.

And that is my complaint. I wouldn't say anything if they were working, and working hard at it. They are not. They are doing NOTHING, and nothing has happened there for nearly half a year.

We should be furious about this, and doing all we can to damage The Villages' reputation because of this. We should be attempting to harm sales of Southside homes, because that is apparently all they care about.

Perhaps it is time to start picketing with signs the entrance to Chitty Chatty. Maybe that will get the attention of those who are ignoring the infrastructure of this area.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:42 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
It does not help. Today was another day when nothing was done with Magnolia Plaza. Yesterday was another day when nothing was done. This week was another week when nothing was done. Last week was another week when nothing was done. This month was another month when nothing was done. Last month was another month when nothing was done.

The crickets have been chirping in Magnolia Plaza for the better part of half a year now. Half a freaking year! If the ball is not rolling, it's not getting closer to anything.

And that is my complaint. I wouldn't say anything if they were working, and working hard at it. They are not. They are doing NOTHING, and nothing has happened there for nearly half a year.

We should be furious about this, and doing all we can to damage The Villages' reputation because of this. We should be attempting to harm sales of Southside homes, because that is apparently all they care about.

Perhaps it is time to start picketing with signs the entrance to Chitty Chatty. Maybe that will get the attention of those who are ignoring the infrastructure of this area.
Wow. You're really angry.
Did you get those promises in writing from The Developer? Because if you did I would also be frustrated that they didn't happen. You probably have a good reason to protest.
If what you were told is from someone other than the Developer (and I don't think the salespeople are the voice of the Developer), then I think you have a tougher argument.
I think, eventually, everything you were "promised" will happen. Things just don't happen in the timeframe you want them to.
If that doesn't work for you... then I think maybe The Villages wasn't the right choice for you.
Don't be angry... find a place that makes you happy. Life is too short.
Closed Thread

Tags
sell, villages, store, cart, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.