Dear Villages Leadership

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2020, 11:08 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Villagers take projections as promises. Not sure why you think the "owe" us anything other than projections. I assume, they assume, that we are adults and understand how construction can change, how regulatory bodies can impact schedules and how "business's" choose markets and make determinations based on revenue where they will put their stores. You bought into a dynamic community, one that will ebb and flow until you sections is built out. It might be difficult for you but the Developer owes you nothing and it is their business to manage.
I have the opinion that any business that sells houses based on projections has the moral duty to address - at least with information - significant failures of those projections.

I do not want to do business with anyone who does not feel that way.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 02-22-2020, 11:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

Yep, you can bet they do.

A perfect example was thread a while back, on the abominable conditions (and premature failure...sound familiar?) of the green street signs...with photo's attached.

Within just a few short weeks, those (and other) failing signs...were replaced.

Just a pure coincidence?

If anyone believes that...I have this bridge for sale.
"The Developer" did not take care of the street signs. So, no. I don't think that "The Developer" reads TOTV. And, I also don't believe that there is a bridge for sale.

I search for facts before forming an opinion. But, that's just me.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

So, generally speaking, I wave to agree with this one. I think that "The Developer" would be doing a good thing if they came across with an update. Even if it is not what we want to hear, at least we would have something. It's time.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
"The Developer" did not take care of the street signs. So, no. I don't think that "The Developer" reads TOTV. And, I also don't believe that there is a bridge for sale.

I search for facts before forming an opinion. But, that's just me.
You are correct in that it is the county's responsibility...to maintain the street signs.

It's beyond naïve to think however, that Da Family doesn't stay in close contact with the county...on those things that might reflect poorly on TV.

I'm still trying to reconcile however, your contradictory statements...in a single post.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, curious as to what "facts" you have found (after supposedly) searching...that Da Family doesn't read TOTV.

Please share...we'll wait.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Do you really think "The Villages Leadership" reads TOTV?
Honestly, I think they do.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Honestly, I think they do.
Honestly, I think they don't. My guess is they are way too busy.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I think that is an additional duty of the IT guy. Each morning he presents a PowerPoint briefing summarizing the previous 24 hours of TOTV and TV News. In attendance at said briefing is the vast team of spin doctors who then prioritize the issues into three categories, Raving Nut Cases, Just Whining, and Empire Threatening. Further prioritization is then accomplished within the last category and a team is implemented to either develop "feel good" solutions, nominate scapegoats, or, in some cases employ red herrings or smoke and mirrors. After enjoying cognac and Cuban cigars, secret handshakes are exchanged and everyone goes on their merry way.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:26 PM
Veteran member
Default Villages Leadership

Want to know the Villages's leadership? Google this: The Villages of Lake-sumter Inc

All the officers are listed there, along with their email addresses. There's a Mr. Lester listed who I believe is in charge of community relations. Maybe he will respond to your questions.

I'm always fascinated by how little the developer communicates. A town meeting once a year (limited, I believe, to HOA members), and with no Q&A, doesn't cut it. I speak as a former PR executive for a Fortune 10 company.

Of course, he/they don't have to communicate. It's a privately held business. Then again, I wonder whether the developer gives a hoot about his reputation.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

My guess is that it's a minimum wage employee, whose daily job duties include looking at TOTV, the online newspaper and certain other media (re: Tampa Times/local papers).

IMHO, it would be pretty ridiculous (and naïve/borderline dumb) to think that Da Family doesn't try to stay right on top of what the general feelings are...by both residents and non-residents.

And whatever else they may also be...Da Family isn't "dumb."

It's called "opposition/competitor research" and I challenge anyone to prove that any entity, political or corporate...that isn't fully involved in doing such.

So why would anyone think that TV...is any different?

Anxiously awaiting for...proof otherwise.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Ask any TV Sales agent and you’ll find they actually do read TOTV. Ask any TV Sales agent what TV upper management thinks of people that post on TOTV and you might be crushed, if you’re thin skinned.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
You are correct in that it is the county's responsibility...to maintain the street signs.

It's beyond naïve to think however, that Da Family doesn't stay in close contact with the county...on those things that might reflect poorly on TV.

I'm still trying to reconcile however, your contradictory statements...in a single post.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, curious as to what "facts" you have found (after supposedly) searching...that Da Family doesn't read TOTV.

Please share...we'll wait.
Seriously? That is what you took away from my statement. Whatever.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Rte .44 Brownwood Bridge

Those who benefit from negativity about the new areas are those who cannot sell houses in the new area. I always wonder about things like this.
I am sure there must be a conspiracy involved in some way.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiring View Post
Ask any TV Sales agent and you’ll find they actually do read TOTV. Ask any TV Sales agent what TV upper management thinks of people that post on TOTV and you might be crushed, if you’re thin skinned.
VERY true
Old 02-22-2020, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I think I would be frustrated also. But, I have seen other housing developments go a lot worse. I know people in Virginia who bought condos for $850K in 2006, and before the building was even finished, the new prices dropped to $650K. There are gated golf communities in the Carolinas that sat half empty for years because the developer couldn't sell them. At least The Villages property values seem to be holding up, so you can usually get your money back if you want.
This standard: "other places are worse" is pretty sad. I could live in Antarctica and be happy, if all I had to do was apply "other places are worse" to my primary set of criteria.

The fact that some people really do feel that we should be grateful because "other places are worse" indicates that some people have very low standards.

I don't expect a gourmet chef to come to my house and cook me my meals every day, but I do expect golf cart access to anywhere in the Villages. I don't even expect that access to be easy or quick. This is not an unreasonable expectation in a golf cart community. It should be a -minimum- expectation in a golf cart community.

If you can't even set your standards to that bare minimum, then I'd say it's your standards at fault, and not anyone complaining about the situation.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
The main takeaway from your post that any reasonable person should agree with is this: The developer owes updated and reliable information to the residents. They were quick to publish optimistic anticipated times in their sales literature and should correct it now that those estimates are long past.
Owes??

Tags
sell, villages, store, cart, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.