Dear Villages Leadership

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2020, 08:52 AM

I agree with the original poster. It's NOT a lack of understanding about how construction dates can get pushed back, it's a TOTAL lack of any type of OFFICIAL updated information from the developer that's the issue. When i bought my land to build on in Fenney my sales person "promised" me several times that we'd be fully connected in a year in a half "at most," this was in November 2017. I didn't "hear what I wanted to hear" as some have said, this is what I was literally told. Obviously that date has already been long past. I do understand things happen in the real world however the thing that angers me is that we're left with rumors and gossip, no facts, no solid information. I think we south of 44 deserve some official communication regarding golf cart connectivity. I bought in the Villages because they sold me a LIFE STYLE. I've been living here going on 2 years and still need to drive my car everywhere, shopping, banks, entertainment, ... everywhere. Even golfing on the north side of 44 is a major pain due to not being golf cart connected. We deserve at the very least some honest, official, and ON GOING communication. Maybe a once a month update / article? Since we're paying our full month amenities fees (just like people on the other side of 44 who are connected) and aren't receiving the full LIFESTYLE villages experience I think it's the least the developer can do.

Last edited by rrlavigne; 02-24-2020 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:57 AM

Ok I’ll buy into all of that, but I’ve heard so many dead lines, that have come and gone, the last was from a sales person at the new rec. center that June for sure, all set with the state, and All paths complete. Well that hasn’t gone yet, but I here grumbling that 2022, yes 2022 and big problem with the state. I worked in construction for 40+ years so you can sell all that bs about dead lines but I truly believe that the state is holding up the deal, due to the bruised feelings from the Spanish springs bridge. Sssssoooo please tell me WHY the HECK we can not go over the Morris boulevard bridge over the thru way??? Doing south there is plenty of room to push the cars to the left, create a barrier or elevate the path like lake Sumter bridge, install roundabouts or stop signs to slow vehicular traffic ( as speed signs don’t work lol) and let’s be done with it.... grandiose bridges are nice but don’t do a dam good sitting along side the road. If 2022 is a real number please tell me as I have a lot of choices that leave me NEAR the villages .
Old 02-23-2020, 09:32 AM

Florida Dept of Transportation owns builds the bridge over the toll road. State beauracracy is in charge
Old 02-23-2020, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,232 Times in 1,062 Posts

Why would the Developer have to tell anyone anything.
Their ball, their game.
This place is not a democracy!
Old 02-23-2020, 09:50 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 2,648 Times in 884 Posts

My guess is that Chitty Chatty and Bradford are going to sell out really fast and that is why they are working so hard over there and forgetting about the other side of the pike for now. Even the county is not working like they should. Why is it that work as all but stopped on the far end of Warm Springs and the 301 intersection? If they are not going to be allowed to install that bridge, they have to be scrambling trying to figure out just what to do. My guess would be to strengthen the existing cattle bridge and get cart paths down to it as soon as possible. All in all though, updates should be available to those that live both north and south along with prospective buyers.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:57 AM
Sage
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchristie View Post
Cash poor, permit delays? You are talking the billionaire developers who control the county commissioners and I highly doubt are cash poor. Get real.
IMO Difference between cash in hand and assets. They got big payroll to meet. When you have cash flow problem you sell off some assets.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,232 Times in 1,062 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimchristie View Post
Cash poor, permit delays? You are talking the billionaire developers who control the county commissioners and I highly doubt are cash poor. Get real.
You become a million/billionaire, by using the banks money, (especially when you own the bank), not your own!

Last edited by Two Bills; 02-23-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:48 AM
Default WE NEED A PETITION DOWN, We NEED TO MARCH ON THE MORES,S. FINISH THE BRIDGE NOW!

This message is to the villages,,, get it dunn now, bridge to brownwood !!, plus the magnolia plaza,, and quit lying or misleading us> the to rebuild some confidence in you again<if thats possible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2020, 11:37 AM
Sage

Wonder why Chitty Chatty and Bradford weren't first in the expansion. Then work south completing infrastructure and connectivity as you go.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:38 AM
Default South of 44 golf cart dilemma

We found a cure for the golf cart concerns south of 44. Now keep in mind were non golfers so the GC would be strickly for shopping, visiting friends, Town Center visits, ect.
Ok here it is are you ready "DON'T BUY A GOLF CART"

Building new home with GC garage that will sit empty till the access to north of 44 is a reality not current "who knows" The other nice thing about The Villages many seem to not consider is you can go anyplace by car in 10-15 min. Granted its not as enjoyable as use of GC but you can do it.

We rented for 2 months in Oceola Hills last year (Aug-Sept) and went every place by GC. It was great fun and easy way to get around we hardly used our car.

We still bought in Monarch Grove knowing there is no connection between north and south other than info given by the sales hype of "bridges by mid to 2020" . Are we dissapointed the reality does not match the hype..of course but hey life does go on and we will survive the wait.

In the mean time the his and hers golf carts will be put on hold till we can actually use them like we did last year. On the bright side we now will have a nice big area for storage with its own mini garage door....like having a rental storage unit on site..lol

We will just pop the top and use car till it makes sence to buy and use GC.

Happy trails yall and don't sweat the little things but be greatful for what you have.

Last edited by CandB; 02-24-2020 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:42 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 4,772 Times in 1,819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandB View Post
We found a cure for the golf cart concerns south of 44. Now keep in mind were non golfers so the GC would be strickly for shopping, visiting friends, Town Center visits, ect.
Ok here it is are you ready "DON'T BUY A GOLF CART"

Building new home with GC garage that will sit empty till the access to north of 44 is a reality not current "who knows" The other nice thing about The Villages many seem to not consider is you can go anyplace by car in 10-15 min. Granted its not as enjoyable as use of GC but you can do it.

We rented for 2 months in Oceola Hills last year (Aug-Sept) and went every place by GC. It was great fun and easy way to get around we hardly used our car.

We still bought in Monarch Grove knowing there is no connection between north and south other than info given by the sales hype of "bridges by mid to 2020" . Are we dissapointed the reality does not match the hype..of course but hey life does go on and we will survive the wait.

In the mean time the his and hers golf carts will be put on hold till we can actually use them like we did last year. On the bright side we now will have a nice big area for storage with its own mini garage door....like having a rental storage unit on site..lol

We will just pop the top and use car till it makes sence to buy and use GC.

Happy trails yall and don't sweat the little things but be greatful for what you have.

Old 02-23-2020, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,694 Times in 1,607 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am always skeptical of any post that says "my agent promised me"

I think a lot of people have distorted memory or poor hearing. Agents selling homes in The Villages don't have to embellish or enlarge or lie. They are selling like hot cakes..

The Developers family has never in my memory of fourteen years been much for telling people what and when things would happen. We were at the Sharon at the State of the Villages where Mark Morse said that they had closed the deal to make the rest contiguous. That was about three years ago.

It is good business to keep future dealings close to one's chest. There are a whole lot of people who want to make top dollar on their land and the overall price of land has gone up, thus the lots are smaller in order to try to keep the price of property down some. That is MY opinion.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,098 Times in 419 Posts

Many of us moved here with some if not none of the shopping. Yet we never came to this site, to damn the developer, ( like they read this) we happily waited for new things to come and were amazed when it happened.

Maybe the new unhappy are much Much older than us, and have lost the ability to drive a car. Or just need to find a reason to be unhappy.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:16 PM
Default Lets Agree

When the connectivity bridges are complete and open for use, there will surely be more complaining. Too crowded, poorly lit, unsafe, flimsy, rusty, too high, too low, too narrow, too wide, too steep, too shallow, unfamiliar, bad signage, dusty and scary.

Will someone good with spreadsheets create one that logs the complainers wanting the bridges NOW and ban them from complaints once they are open. It will only take one "seems like they rushed to open" post to make my head go BOOM !!!!
Old 02-23-2020, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,707 Times in 1,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
My guess is that Chitty Chatty and Bradford are going to sell out really fast and that is why they are working so hard over there and forgetting about the other side of the pike for now. Even the county is not working like they should. Why is it that work as all but stopped on the far end of Warm Springs and the 301 intersection? If they are not going to be allowed to install that bridge, they have to be scrambling trying to figure out just what to do. My guess would be to strengthen the existing cattle bridge and get cart paths down to it as soon as possible. All in all though, updates should be available to those that live both north and south along with prospective buyers.
I just think this generation of Morses has bit off more than they can chew. Just my take. You don't have to agree with me.

Last edited by coffeebean; 02-23-2020 at 04:46 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
sell, villages, store, cart, south

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.