DECISION TO MOVE IS NOW MADE

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Default DECISION TO MOVE IS NOW MADE

After seven years of living out west (originally New Jersey girl and NY hubby) we realized deep down we are East Coast people! We need the food and the people that talk like us! Visited the Village about a year ago and can not get it out of our minds. Made the decision to put our home up for sale in a few months, when it sells go to the Villages and buy. This forum is great. We have learned a lot and love the idea that people seem to love the Villages. Presently we are in an adult community which we thought was Paradise but we miss the East Coast which is closer to all our children. After reading all the posts we realize there is another Paradise! Now I am inspired to get this house here ready for Sale!!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Default Re: DECISION TO MOVE IS NOW MADE

All the best to you both... :bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 02-15-2008, 10:38 PM

We are in the same boat. We had considered retiring in St. Georg, Utah but reconsidered after visiting TV. We will be putting our house up for sale in April and once it sells, then we will start looking. We have visited TV twice already and the lifestyle is what sold us. There's so much that TV offers compared to the other retirement communities. We are from Allentown, Pa. and have had our fill of ice and snow. Time to move on with our lives and have some fun and get out of the rat race.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:48 PM
JohnnyM

Hi Utahgirl and Andy, Barbara and I are from the Jersey shore. We visited TV in January, came home and put our house up for sale. When it goes we go. Tired of the snow, and Jersey politics. The Villages is paradise found if you are truly looking. Hope to see you here soon. Good luck, JohnnyM
Old 02-15-2008, 10:51 PM

How exciting for you, Utahgirl!!! We have to wait one more year................but we'll be there, too - eventually!!!
Old 02-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Veteran member

Know exactly where you're coming from.

Live at the Delaware shore. Nice place, but after visiting TV, I want more!!

Visited TV about 18 months ago and can't get it out of my head. Coming for another visit sometime this spring (gotta have my "fix") and plan on putting the house up for sale around then.

Hoping for the best. I have St. Joseph ready to go in the ground!!!

See you there soon.
Village of Hemmingway
Old 02-15-2008, 11:09 PM

Hope you can sell your home quickly Utahgirl. We are in the same position and just can hardly wait. We visited TV in August last year and are planning another trip in late Spring. And if we are lucky it will the "buying a house" trip. You guys have made a terrific decision and I konw that you will be so happy in Paradise.
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

best of luck utahgirl.
Sometimes I feel a tad out of place, being from the midwest (Chi-town),
but I worked for AT&T and traveled the east coast a lot, so I think I'm make it there
with the east coasters. I know there's a few others around too from other parts, diversity is ok with me.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Veteran member

I think St. Joseph is overworked and under staffed at this time.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:11 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Welcome! Hope both of your houses sell quickly. No question you'll have a blast here and, hopefully, never want to move again!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-16-2008, 04:52 AM

Wow! After reading all the posts we can see that everyone is in sort of the same place as us.

Andy - St Geroge is a wonderful place and there are a few of us Easterners here but a lot from the Midwest and California. We lived out this way for seven years, people are beautiful but not that fast, wild, loud kind like us Easterners. I am originally from Bayonne New Jersey and Husband from Flushing NY who moved to NJ and as we get older you have to get back closer to your roots. We just don't want the snow.

Hopefully everyone all of our homes will sell quickly and we can make our dreams come true.

Barb and Charlie
Old 02-16-2008, 06:06 AM

Hi Barb & Charlie (Utahgirl- bet you wanted "jerseygirl" as a handle and I beat you to it, LOL) and AndyC.

Andy: I'm just 1 hr. from Allentown and have been there many times. Can relate to both of your stories. Isn't this board fantastic? I will be visiting TV in mid April for my first "Lifestyle Preview" and can't wait. I'm just so confused at this point as to which part of TV is the best to buy a house. Guess I'll get closer to figuring that out once I visit. Welcome, all of you.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.