Declaration of Domicile

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2019, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,773 Times in 1,241 Posts
Default Declaration of Domicile

Can a Declaration of Domicile for Lake County be noterized and filed via mail or do you need to go to a clerks office?
Old 09-24-2019, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

I am not familiar with the purpose of this document, so I am going to suggest you call the party that needs the document, and ask them what they will accept. If you just need to have it notarized, your local bank may do this for you at no cost, otherwise, many of the local pack and ship have notary services for around $10.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:35 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I am not familiar with the purpose of this document, so I am going to suggest you call the party that needs the document, and ask them what they will accept. If you just need to have it notarized, your local bank may do this for you at no cost, otherwise, many of the local pack and ship have notary services for around $10.
AAA members can also have documents notarized at their locations for no cost. Local one is on Bichara Blvd/Spanish Springs.

Old 09-24-2019, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,773 Times in 1,241 Posts

The answer for Lake County is yes, send a notorized original with a self addressed, stamped envelope and a check for $10 to the Clerks office.

A Florida "Declaration of Domicile" is a document which allows you to declare that you are a bona fide resident of Florida because you reside in and maintain a place of residence there. You intend to maintain the residence as your permanent home.

How to Become a Florida Resident, Officially
Old 09-24-2019, 11:55 AM

It needs to be signed in person in front of the notary. I am not sure if it needs to be filed in person, I don't think so.

Tags
domicile, declaration, office, clerks, mail

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.