Deed compliance

Deed compliance

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Deed compliance
Old 08-12-2019, 07:36 AM

Default Deed compliance

Is anyone else concerned that Deed Compliance is more concerned with a little white cross than 45 flower pots lining driveway flower bed and front porch? College flag hanging off front of home?

What are restrictions for if The Villages is not to enforce them.

I am concerned

Old 08-12-2019, 07:40 AM
Platinum member

Deed Compliance is complaint driven. Community Standards does not drive around looking for violations. They will only investigate if a complaint is made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caretaker View Post
Is anyone else concerned that Deed Compliance is more concerned with a little white cross than 45 flower pots lining driveway flower bed and front porch? College flag hanging off front of home?

I am concerned
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:

I am concerned
I am fairly certain that the Deed Compliance is not specifically concerned with a cross, they are concerned with maintaining the visual appearance of the exterior so we don't end up with cars on blocks or broken boarded up windows.

What is a little white cross to you might be 12 feet tall and lit with spots lights?!? Who decides what is "little" or "small"

And lastly, would you be concerned with a little Muslim Star and Moon in someones front yard?
Old 08-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Sage

Quote:

I am concerned
I am concerned about all those flower pots lining driveway and flower bed and front porch and I have called on it and Deed Compliance said that as long as plants are growing in them nothing can be done. I am skeptical. I know what you are saying. I wonder why this situation is over looked? Is the one you are speaking of in a Village a little south of 466? Every time I go to visit a friend in that Village it looks WORSE. The flower pots probably do number WAY more than fifty and they are stacked on top of cement blocks and have weeds growing out of them, no flower or plants that I could see. It is just awful looking.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-12-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:10 AM
Sage

Flower pots are allowed if they have plants in them. We learned that a few years ago when some angry person two villages over drove around noting 70+ violations in our neighborhood. One person's yard looks like a garden store, but nothing could be done because all the pots have flowers in them. Fortunately, it was a different part of our village and I didn't have to drive by it every day.

As far as flags are concerned, they are neutral territory, according to deed compliance. Nothing can be done about any flag.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Veteran member

Location: Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, The Villages (St. James)

They are not "more concerned" about one thing over another. They respond to complaints filed to their office. Just that simple.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

I see violations when driving down about every street, from expensive metal animals or birds to the simulated pot tilted 45 degree with rocks spilling out of them.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:25 AM

A flower pot with a plant might be ok but add a cross to that pot and suddenly is a no no unless you move it to sit against the house. You can hang a cross from your house and that is ok as well. Just have to review the restrictions before doing certain things. And of course get permission when needed.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:38 AM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA and ID, not necessarily in that order

What if the flower pots have "weed" growing in them?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Veteran member

Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina /One Retired in Duval

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
What if the flower pots have "weed" growing in them?
Then it’s a decorative plant

Tags
concerned, deed, flower, front, compliance