Deed Restrictions

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2020, 07:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Key Word

"I understand that technically it is a violation of the deed restrictions, ..."These are the Key Word's in the first input to this series of submissions. If you knew what you were doing was not allowed in Deed Restrictions, why did you do it. I have no sympathy for anyone who knowingly violates the rules and then argues for the right to try to sabotage and disregard the regulations that have been in effect for many years and probably long before they came.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:04 AM

Everything on a flag pole is sacred.🤗🤗
Old 09-26-2020, 04:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
And evidently everyone is ok with that. Not so much with political signs.
Im not ok with it or any other violation of deed restrictions.!!!
Old 09-26-2020, 04:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Put a poster up for both candidates.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:34 AM
Default Selective Violations

It seems that the letters are only being sent to those with Biden signs in the window. It is a deed restriction that is being selectively managed. Florida's friendliest hometown!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer3232 View Post
Has anyone else received a letter from a lawyer that a political sign is a window is a violation of the deed restrictions and if you have what have you done about it.

It is from a lawyer representing The Villages and yes I do have a political sign in my window, but so do many other homes. I guess my real question is have other people received the same type letter. I understand that technically it is a violation of the deed restrictions, but it is OK to run a political message on a flag pole, but not in a window?
Old 09-27-2020, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,598 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinglady View Post
It seems that the letters are only being sent to those with Biden signs in the window. It is a deed restriction that is being selectively managed. Florida's friendliest hometown!!
How do you know the letters are based on the sign content? It is a complaint driven enforcement system. If someone complains, the restriction is enforced. Otherwise, it is not enforced. That is the way the deed restriction enforcement system is designed.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:53 AM
Smile Deed Restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Very interesting.

and just like everyone else around here we did not read the deed restrictions.
Here's where you can find them: VCDD Deed Compliance - Sumter County
They're all pretty much the same, but if you go back a few pages on the website, you can find a map where you can pinpoint the location of your home, and the correct district and neighborhood.
Most people quote Article 2. 15, which states, "No sign of any kind shall be displayed to public view on a Homesite or any dedicated or reserved area without the prior written consent of the Developer, except customary name and address signs and one sign advertising a property for sale or rent which shall be no larger than twelve (12) inches wide and twelve (12) inches high and shall be located wholly within the Home and only visible through a window of the Home. Lawn ornaments are prohibited, except for seasons displays not exceeding a thirty (30) day duration." Just FYI.
Closed Thread

Tags
deed, restrictions, received, letter, violation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.