Deed Restrictions

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2020, 07:30 AM

Political window signs are bad enough. Some people are brazen enough to actually have political yard signs stuck in their front lawns. Rules don’t apply to them.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:06 AM

Check out this memo. It’s taken from Districtgov.org.

https://www.districtgov.org/PdfUploa...emo%202020.pdf
Old 09-24-2020, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecenturian View Post
It’s amazing that so many “tolerant” people are so concerned with what others do in their home/property. I think it’s sad that people waste their time being so overly concerned about signs, yard decor, and other menial nonsense, their lives must be very boring for this to be a priority.

As a veteran I am pretty disappointed in how people today act and their desire to impose THEIR will on others. If it doesn’t directly effect you just keep it moving. You should take a good hard look in the mirror, I’m sure that everyone that wants to play “police” is in fact doing something that offends someone else.

Just do the best you can to live your life with integrity and honor and stop trying to change everyone else. If your good example doesn’t change someone’s actions Athen your reporting them is t going to matter.

Enjoy life and live.
Where does it stop? Yard art? Political signs? RVs in the driveway?
Old 09-24-2020, 08:12 AM

Mark it with RETURN TO SENDER and drop it in the mail.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:15 AM

There are many signs in windows and on flagpoles. They write a letter about that but allow some individuals to park their carts on the side of the round about with signs that are clearly inappropriate regardless of how one feels. What a joke.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
Where does it stop? Yard art? Political signs? RVs in the driveway?
Keep saying it all the time, people do not know when to stop. Just ride around some of the non deed restricted neighborhoods in the towns nearby and tell me what you see. Those 3 cars in my front yard are art. Oh the blue tarped shade over the dog kennel is okay. There are only a few fence post that are rotten and only one section of the fence is down.

Enforce all the rules and not reading the deed restrictions is each individuals fault. If you do not follow the rules/laws you agreed to when you moved in then you suffer the consequences.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:35 AM

Exactly someone had to turn them in. I thought we were moving into an adult retirement community, not a preschool day care. Are adults really offended by something as small as a political sign supporting their candidate? Will people soon not be allowed to wear sport team clothing into store or restaurants because adults aren’t adult enough to not be offended by everything? Have we moved into a time where people are so petty and shallow that a political sign sends them into a hold your breath child like fit? 🙁🙁
Old 09-24-2020, 08:38 AM

So then - why does the Daily Sun put a 'flag' in the paper for you to put in your window, if you can only have a "for sale" sign? Also, when we rented our home out through TV's Hometown Property Management, they said we had to put the house numbers in a window on the front of the house. I realize the numbers are not something that might be considered controversial and are for safety, but when one makes exceptions to 'hard and fast' rules, one sets precedents. Just playing devil's advocate. Personally the only thing I personally have is a miniature flag that I change with the seasons, under a palm tree. And I'm sure it violates something somewhere, but the trolls haven't attacked it yet. I don't personally object to people putting their signs/big flags out between now and the elections - but I don't think it needs to be year round. Personally, I'm leery to do so, having seen the rabid behavior of a few at a recent rally; I don't want any damage to my person or property. My personal opinions only; I realize they aren't binding or necessarily allowable under deed restrictions.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:49 AM

There is information about political signage on the District website districtgov.org Exterior signage is enforced (if necessary) through the Community Standards and your CDD. That being said, it currently refers to north of Rt 44. There may still be Developer enforcement south of Rt 44. But generally, exterior (including exterior windows) restrictions are under CDD enforcement while interior restrictions are "at the discretion of the Developer". Yes, check your particular deed restriction, determine if there is anything regarding interior or exterior restrictions, and know what the signage requirements are. Community Standards can answer questions on specific areas since, as was previously stated, every area is different. Since the Developer doesn't enforce anything north of Rt 466, it seems that he's discriminating in how he treats certain areas. And a sign in a window doesn't appear to be in his interest. Of course, as always, one can be wrong in assumptions.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts
Default Deed restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecenturian View Post
It’s amazing that so many “tolerant” people are so concerned with what others do in their home/property. I think it’s sad that people waste their time being so overly concerned about signs, yard decor, and other menial nonsense, their lives must be very boring for this to be a priority.

As a veteran I am pretty disappointed in how people today act and their desire to impose THEIR will on others. If it doesn’t directly effect you just keep it moving. You should take a good hard look in the mirror, I’m sure that everyone that wants to play “police” is in fact doing something that offends someone else.

Just do the best you can to live your life with integrity and honor and stop trying to change everyone else. If your good example doesn’t change someone’s actions Athen your reporting them is t going to matter.

Enjoy life and live.
You signed on to deed restrictions when you bought here. Follow them.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:16 AM

I wonder if the powers that be read any restrictions when they decided to put Apartments in a Village area (non-commerical)
Old 09-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
And what about flying a flag of a political candidate on a flagpole in your yard?
By Florida law, TV has no authority to restrict what kind of flag is flown.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,411 Times in 5,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
Flying a political flag on a flag pole has been upheld as being legal.

Look around, and you'll see a number of political signs, both for Biden and Trump, posted in yards. Those are in violation of deed restrictions in most, and possibly all, CDDs. For me, I'd like to see them removed. With the exception of a very small number of people, signs do not change peoples' minds whether on a golf cart, automobile or lawn.
Signs and flags are two different things under Florida law. Here is a link to the Florida flag law. Some flags are allowed even if they violate a deed restriction, but I don't think the law covers political flags.

Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine

Can you cite a source to support your first sentence?
Old 09-24-2020, 10:29 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohawksin View Post
Why is the name of the client relevant?
A person has a right to know who is accusing them. Lawyers do not go around sending letters to people without being hired to do so. Try the 6th Amendment.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,411 Times in 5,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
By Florida law, TV has no authority to restrict what kind of flag is flown.
Here is a link to the Florida flag law. I don't think it covers political flags. Can you cite a source for your statement?

Statutes & Constitution
:View Statutes
:

Online Sunshine
Closed Thread

Tags
deed, restrictions, received, letter, violation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.