Defective Shingles?

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2021, 10:55 AM
Default Shingles

If you are going to make a warranty claim against The Villages, PLEASE contact their insurance company as outlined in the back of your warranty book before the end of the one year warranty. I lost a meadiation hearing for just that reason.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilyclub View Post
So you have been sentenced to live in TV, or you are a renter, or you are a cousin of Shrek.
like a sentence.. have to stay for 1 year according to irs rules.. wish i could sell now.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frose View Post
like a sentence.. have to stay for 1 year according to irs rules.. wish i could sell now.
don't want to pay short term gains? it can't be all bad as its just money, why suffer like us fools over some excess gains?

tax guy
Old 10-13-2021, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
We had the same problem 16 years ago with our roof shingles. They were made by Corning. You must notify the manufacturer and insist they send someone out to inspect. Almost every home in our patio villas needed a new roof.

FYI - The company that makes shingles is Owens Corning. Originally, this was a joint venture between Owens-Illinois and Corning Glassworks (1935) but has been a separate company on the Fortune 500 since 1955. While Corning Inc today makes many products that you use (but don't know that you are using them), they do not make shingles.

— Joan Robinson, “Contributions to Modern Economics” (1978)
Old 10-16-2021, 03:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frose View Post
Nothing preventing you from selling now. You simply can not profit from it. Why stay in misery?
Old 10-16-2021, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Farmer View Post
If you are going to make a warranty claim against The Villages, PLEASE contact their insurance company as outlined in the back of your warranty book before the end of the one year warranty. I lost a meadiation hearing for just that reason.

Warranty book? What does that look like? Don't think we got one back in August.
Closed Thread

Tags
shingles, problem, home, warranty, roof

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.