DeLuna Bridge

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-23-2020, 04:00 PM
brownm1 brownm1 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default DeLuna Bridge

Finally some activity for the bridge across the turnpike in DeLuna. Noticed some steel beams on the East side and plenty of activity on the bridge build. They have cleared trees and built temporary roads on the West side. Hopefully by early next year we might have connectivity!
  #2  
Old 05-23-2020, 04:03 PM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 1,954
Thanks: 0
Thanked 757 Times in 282 Posts
Default

My thoughts are that they will open all 3 bridges at the same time.
  #3  
Old 05-23-2020, 06:17 PM
Travelhunter Travelhunter is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 112
Thanks: 371
Thanked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownm1 View Post
Finally some activity for the bridge across the turnpike in DeLuna. Noticed some steel beams on the East side and plenty of activity on the bridge build. They have cleared trees and built temporary roads on the West side. Hopefully by early next year we might have connectivity!
If you look carefully it seems they already installed a toll booth on either side
  #4  
Old 05-24-2020, 08:08 AM
LuvtheVillages LuvtheVillages is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 150
Thanks: 18
Thanked 62 Times in 36 Posts
Default

In the daily paper a couple weeks ago was an article about the bridges. Buried in the middle of the article was a sentence that all necessary permits had now been received for the bridges. Guessing that is why activity has resumed.
  #5  
Old 05-24-2020, 08:53 AM
jcrose19337 jcrose19337 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Carlisle, Ohio, Village of Bonita
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
My thoughts are that they will open all 3 bridges at the same time.

I think that's a pretty good guess, given that two of the bridges ( Water Lilly and Brownwood ) will both connect to Meggison Rd which is currently being cut in on the north side of the Turnpike.

It's easy to imagine the great hype and fanfare that would accompany the ribbon cutting for all three bridges and "Connectivity" has finally been achieved.
  #6  
Old 05-24-2020, 09:07 AM
justjim justjim is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Posts: 4,620
Thanks: 55
Thanked 280 Times in 114 Posts
Default

Action on the bridges and finally on Magnolia Plaza is certainly good news for our friends South of Rt. 44.
__________________
Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abraham Lincoln
  #7  
Old 05-24-2020, 09:17 AM
Robbie0723 Robbie0723 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 491
Thanks: 340
Thanked 184 Times in 96 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrose19337 View Post
I think that's a pretty good guess, given that two of the bridges ( Water Lilly and Brownwood ) will both connect to Meggison Rd which is currently being cut in on the north side of the Turnpike.

It's easy to imagine the great hype and fanfare that would accompany the ribbon cutting for all three bridges and "Connectivity" has finally been achieved.
Historically, paths don't open until the construction near them is complete. Too many safety hazards dealing with the public in a high rate of construction area.

Rohen will likely be ready first given the rate of Chitty Chatty build out.

Brownwood won't happen until construction is safely complete along the connecting paths between the Turnpike and 44.

Development of land east of the turnpike near the Bixely bridge hasn't started so that area seems to be 2-3 years best case behind the others. Most certainly after the Championship course is complete.

It would be nice to be surprised with golf lanes on the north Warm Springs bridge. Even if temporary until Bixely is complete.
  #8  
Old 05-24-2020, 10:09 AM
russtcc russtcc is offline
Member
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 88
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 5 Posts
Default

As you said golf cart lanes on the north side of the Warm Springs bridge makes a lot of sense. i hope the powers that be are working on it.
  #9  
Old 05-24-2020, 11:18 AM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 3,713
Thanks: 9
Thanked 960 Times in 365 Posts
Default

Any idea why they don't have the bridges lighted?
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #10  
Old 05-24-2020, 12:02 PM
Timothyimitchell Timothyimitchell is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 39
Thanks: 5
Thanked 50 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Seems like this can only have a very positive impact on real estate values.
  #11  
Old 05-24-2020, 01:43 PM
thelegges thelegges is offline
Gold member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina /One Retired in Duval
Posts: 1,160
Thanks: 7
Thanked 318 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Any idea why they don't have the bridges lighted?
Hamster cage is not finished yet, soon as the wheel is done, lights will function with minor outages, and dimming, during lunch and breaks.
  #12  
Old 05-24-2020, 03:01 PM
jcrose19337 jcrose19337 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New Carlisle, Ohio, Village of Bonita
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
Seems like this can only have a very positive impact on real estate values.
Our Villages sales representative, whom we have become good friends with over the years, said there was a noticeable uptick in interest for areas south of SR44 immediately after the Brownwood bridge was placed last August.

Apparently, just that visual was all it took to change some people's mindset that the new areas are "too far away".
  #13  
Old 05-24-2020, 03:13 PM
biker1 biker1 is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,121
Thanks: 1
Thanked 222 Times in 130 Posts
Default

That coupled with the fact that the new construction is essentially all down south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrose19337 View Post
Our Villages sales representative, whom we have become good friends with over the years, said there was a noticeable uptick in interest for areas south of SR44 immediately after the Brownwood bridge was placed last August.

Apparently, just that visual was all it took to change some people's mindset that the new areas are "too far away".
Reply

Tags
bridge, deluna, activity, side, built

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.