Denmark has taken AED support to the next level…

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2021, 07:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts
Default Denmark has taken AED support to the next level…

I hope everyone here supports their neighborhood AED program and volunteers, they could literally save your or your loved ones life.

Here is what they are doing with this concept in Denmark.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...fe4_story.html
Old 05-11-2021, 07:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
No Trained Volunteers. You want my help Pay me. The American way
I see does your church pay its members when they do community help projects?

I know growing up I must have been raised in a Southern Communist Church, instead of a Southern Baptist Church because we were expected to volunteer to help the poor, hungry, and homeless…

EDIT: Sorry if this appears a bit snarky, but seriously, I hope you were sarcastic. Volunteerism is a cornerstone of the "American Way" and always has been. The concept of helping each other when someone needs help.

Last edited by GrumpyOldMan; 05-11-2021 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

I believe there is a program similar to this (or maybe exactly this) in Sumter County.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-11-2021, 08:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I believe there is a program similar to this (or maybe exactly this) in Sumter County.
Thank you,

I wasn't aware of that, I will look into it.

I know we in McClure supported an AED program for our neighborhood a while back.

Last edited by GrumpyOldMan; 05-11-2021 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Very lucky I guess, next door neighbor is an AED volunteer and a first responder, and a fix neighbor’s-solar-garden-lights when they’re not around, person. In my experience that’s typical in TV.

Last edited by Velvet; 05-11-2021 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Very lucky I guess, next door neighbor is an AED volunteer and a first responder, and a fix neighbor’s-solar-garden-lights when they’re not around, person. In my experience that’s typical in TV.
That's my experience, people here in the Villages are almost without exception good neighbors. Despite what so many on here act like.
Old 05-12-2021, 05:42 AM
Veteran member

I live next door to the villages down the road in lake county, we have an excellent fire and ambulance service that can respond in 5 minutes or less. I think in Sumter you have a big issue with 60 minute response times from ambulances. Every building in our community has an AED device and yes they're tested on a regular basis. If I could afford it I would buy one for my home. I am not sure if I want someone I don't know without proper licensing working on me just because they get a text message saying there's a need for a trained responder. I am not sure how you would keep phonies off the system and I am sure you have heard the many stories over the years of fake police and firemen and ambulance drivers
Old 05-12-2021, 06:26 AM

Wonderful! Israel has drones that can deliver AEDs to a heart attack victim w/i a few minutes. Technology is great!
Old 05-12-2021, 06:46 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,072 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
No Trained Volunteers. You want my help Pay me. The American way
Really? So, should you collapse on the pool deck and need the assistance of someone trained to use an AED, you are going to hope one of the bystanders is a "paid volunteer?" I'll bring the popcorn.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:12 AM

In the Villages the AEDs are in locked stands at certain locations within your Village. Those trained to use it are notified thru the 911 system and have a key to the locked stands. Therefore the person who responds is known and you won’t get any thieves.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:12 AM
Platinum member

Our neighborhood, Jacaranda Island in Pennecamp, has been in the AED program for over 10 years. A neighborhood would be crazy not to have it.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:20 AM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister

Hey Grumps and good morning. Yes, there is a program like this in Sumter County/The Villages. And, I am proud to be a volunteer Team Coordinator for one of those teams.

As a matter of fact,to date, there is a total of 237 CPR/AED teams, all trained CPR and AED resuscitation and heart defrib. There are a total of 4,600+ trained responders making up those 237 teams, and a total of 638 AED units.

When a 911 call is placed and the dispatcher receiving the call determines that there is a "cardiac arrest" the AED team in the area where the victim is located is notified at the same time as the fire department's EMTs. Those volunteers are usually with the victim within 2 minutes of receipt of the alert and they immediately begin resuscitation and AED application until the EMTs arrive.

Those alerts are issued by ReadyAlert which has been providing outstanding results.

Take your hats off to all those wonderful volunteers.....they are there to help save the lives of their neighbors.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
Really? So, should you collapse on the pool deck and need the assistance of someone trained to use an AED, you are going to hope one of the bystanders is a "paid volunteer?" I'll bring the popcorn.
I expect some people would want volunteers to save their life, they just aren't willing to do anything to save someone else's life without being paid. Sounds like the attitude of doing something just for the good of others is a rare thing among some people.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill Meister View Post
Hey Grumps and good morning. Yes, there is a program like this in Sumter County/The Villages. And, I am proud to be a volunteer Team Coordinator for one of those teams.

As a matter of fact,to date, there is a total of 237 CPR/AED teams, all trained CPR and AED resuscitation and heart defrib. There are a total of 4,600+ trained responders making up those 237 teams, and a total of 638 AED units.

When a 911 call is placed and the dispatcher receiving the call determines that there is a "cardiac arrest" the AED team in the area where the victim is located is notified at the same time as the fire department's EMTs. Those volunteers are usually with the victim within 2 minutes of receipt of the alert and they immediately begin resuscitation and AED application until the EMTs arrive.

Those alerts are issued by ReadyAlert which has been providing outstanding results.

Take your hats off to all those wonderful volunteers.....they are there to help save the lives of their neighbors.
Excellent summary, and yes, I was an early financial supporter. I would volunteer to be trained and available but because of health issues, I don't think I could be relied on to be available.

I was aware of the local system you have, the point of the article was that Demark has expanded on that model to a national system. I think it is great when I hear about a government that is doing things for it's citizens.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:40 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Our neighborhood, Jacaranda Island in Pennecamp, has been in the AED program for over 10 years. A neighborhood would be crazy not to have it.
ditto here in Gilchrist East. We have 8 units strategically placed thruout our Village. On posts next to the curb. Trained (neighborhood) volunteers would get a cell call/text when a 911 call is placed in the area, and determined to be a cardiac issue - call goes out same time ambulance is called. (24x7). I'm responsible for 'health checks' of each unit and perform periodic maintenance checks on all. It's comforting knowing we have these AED units so close to our home, along with VOLUNTEERS fully trained and ready to go.

Tags
denmark, aed, life, save, loved

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.